A great example from Barnsley FC of positive, proactive community thinking

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Our letter would have a £65.00 delivery charge on it 

tbf Mr Chansiri has made the odd unannounced visit to fans in hospital which were appreciated I'm sure 

if we collapse I'd like to state now i don't want such a visit 

• Haha 1

Ps it would be genuinely nice if we could post stuff like this on here without it immediately resorting to snipes at our club/chairman

This isn't a point scoring exercise this one. I'd not posted it to say 'look how much better another club is'. I posted it as a shining example of what can be done and that football hasn't totally lost it's heart. 

There are real people working at football clubs who suffer the same stress, issues and worries that anyone else does.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps it would be genuinely nice if we could post stuff like this on here without it immediately resorting to snipes at our club/chairman

This isn't a point scoring exercise this one. I'd not posted it to say 'look how much better another club is'. I posted it as a shining example of what can be done and that football hasn't totally lost it's heart. 

There are real people working at football clubs who suffer the same stress, issues and worries that anyone else does.

yes and more examples should be posted when known about

btw I actually praised him mate 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe post it in the non-SWFC section then?

• Like 1

In all seriousness, this letter is incredible. While it would be nice for our club to be this proactive, it is well beyond the call of duty. And considering we're struggling with some of the basics, I wouldn't reasonably expect anything like this.