Football Fans - The Price Of Football

4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Interesting stat but no real shock. Imagine if we had beat Hull in the play off final you can bet that my season ticket would have gone to 850 quid on the south and matchday prices v liverpool would be 70 quid under Chansiri. 

That's only because DC sees you as a competitor to D-Taxis.

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Because fat Barry might love his football and contribute via Sky, Match tickets, Merchandise etc. Fat Barry then encourages his kids to watch/play football and the cycle continues.

At the minute grassroots clubs are folding all over the country and why should fat Barry not be able to play an organised game on decent facilities for a few quid.

Fat Barry can play all he wants - i'm just saying Fat Barry should have to pay. 

This then goes to maintenance of the pitches for the youngsters to play on and the cycle continues that way. 

I agree the price of football for adults is not cheap but its not ridiculous, (twice a week costs me less than £15 for good facilities)

It is local councils that are holding things back if anything 

4 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm sick to the back teeth of these surveys TBH.

We all know the Prem is the place to be re: cash.

Grass roots is on it's arse.

That's just the way it is.

I wouldn't call Sheffield Wednesday 'Grassroots' Football.

Think some amateur and semi professional clubs are very well run.

2 hours ago, torres said:

The clubs are never going to agree to anything which means they can't fleece the supporters so the FA should step in and set a price limit of tickets throughout the country.

Sadly the FA are a spineless bunch of nobody's so there is more chance of Abdi winning player of the year 

I thought the Prem league was separate from the FA and the only reason the Prem League was still involved with the FA was the Champions(sic) league?.

7 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm sick to the back teeth of these surveys TBH.

We all know the Prem is the place to be re: cash.

Grass roots is on it's arse.

That's just the way it is.

That's the only reason I want us to get into the Prem.

1 season and the club is made.

4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Interesting stat but no real shock. Imagine if we had beat Hull in the play off final you can bet that my season ticket would have gone to 850 quid on the south and matchday prices v liverpool would be 70 quid under Chansiri. 

Spectacularly missing the point there mate.

Fan revenue doesn't matter in the Prem. It does in the championship.

Until all fans can agree to stage a mass walkout for 1 or 2 weekends across the country, or skip an entire season watching on the box, the war is well and truly lost.

Cricket is already a fast sinking ship now with TV rights and 20/20.

As much as I hate the sport, Rugby is the only one I can see where the fans are still kings.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

Because fat Barry might love his football and contribute via Sky, Match tickets, Merchandise etc. Fat Barry then encourages his kids to watch/play football and the cycle continues.

At the minute grassroots clubs are folding all over the country and why should fat Barry not be able to play an organised game on decent facilities for a few quid.

Could Fat Barry do a job for us? Would our embargo stop us signing him assuming he's a free agent?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, canyoujust said:

We are merely part of a money making machine and playthings for bored yanks or rich family members

football as a society and game for all walks of life died 30 years ago. 

Enjoy 4HDliveukVarslowmo as it will be 80 quid a month soon just to watch it on tv 

I agree to some extent. It is not the game and day out it used to be.

52 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Until all fans can agree to stage a mass walkout for 1 or 2 weekends across the country, or skip an entire season watching on the box, the war is well and truly lost.

Cricket is already a fast sinking ship now with TV rights and 20/20.

As much as I hate the sport, Rugby is the only one I can see where the fans are still kings.

German football is 100% in tha fans hands. The rules regulations and structures in place there are unbelievable. Its the only real true top league for me in Europe. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, torres said:

Fat Barry can play all he wants - i'm just saying Fat Barry should have to pay. 

This then goes to maintenance of the pitches for the youngsters to play on and the cycle continues that way. 

I agree the price of football for adults is not cheap but its not ridiculous, (twice a week costs me less than £15 for good facilities)

It is local councils that are holding things back if anything 

Who's fat Barry?

Can we get him in on loan?

5 hours ago, canyoujust said:

Enjoy 4HDliveukVarslowmo as it will be 80 quid a month soon just to watch it on tv 

The cost of watching football on telly, assuming it's never just going to go away, is a major issue in itself.

I'm a big NFL fan, and it costs me £140 per year to access every single match per season, pretty much rolling coverage of the sport and a ton of original programming. The last time I subscribed to Sky Sports (several years ago now), my TV/Broadband bill was over £100 per month and still didn't provide a reliable way for me to watch my team whenever I wanted to. Why is it easier and cheaper for me to watch a team I support 6,000 miles away?

As damaging as most of us agree televised football has been for the game, it's not going away. But it does need to improve. The idea of paying Sky what they charge per month for a selection of games that they choose, that includes the likes of Cardiff, Bournemouth and Fulham is laughable in this day and age. It's an absolutely crap way of broadcasting the sport.

Edited by sheffield_dave

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Football is fecked.

tbh mate it has been on the slide to being completely ruined for a bit 

thing is for some fans whilst ever one's club isn't in threat will go along for the ride  

re us personally feel we've been here twice before it's sickening and i have zero confidence in the nous of the person who got us into it to get us out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

A professional football clubs academy is miles away from grassroots football.

Every reasonably sized village in the country should have a well kept grass and 4g pitch along with changing rooms to allow use all year round for kids and adults. 

Our contribution to grassroots football is embarrassing when you see how much top flight clubs generate these days.

We'll end up winning the World Cup going off like that! 

38 minutes ago, steelowl said:

tbh mate it has been on the slide to being completely ruined for a bit 

thing is for some fans whilst ever one's club isn't in threat will go along for the ride  

re us personally feel we've been here twice before it's sickening and i have zero confidence in the nous of the person who got us into it to get us out 

How is football on the slide???