George Boyd

6 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

A massive waste of money and one of the reasons for the clubs financial woes....happen to know how much he’s on and if you guess you wouldn’t be close....

‘if he was in his prime and we went up, fair enough, but like with Jones, we’ve blasted the cash on players drawing their pension and are not agile enough for this league.

Another ITK but can’t say. Not really worth posting anything then is it?

8 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Would be great if we could get a swap deal for him. Offers nothing and looks like he doesn’t care. It’s this type of player that puts me off the game.

Hello ?..............so you'd like to swap George Boyd for a bag of dorrito's............any flavour..........OK

download (2).jpg

11 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Would be great if we could get a swap deal for him. Offers nothing and looks like he doesn’t care. It’s this type of player that puts me off the game.

The problem this club as is even the fringe palyers like Boyd, Jones, Matias and co are on that  level of pay no one in there right mind would take them on or even go part way to match their wages. They are seeing their contracts out. Not to mention the other long term injuries where the club are getting no value whatsover. I wish folk would at least understand that bit of logic. They are here to stay and that's why the embargo was imposed, ridiculous wages.

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:
On 13/08/2018 at 14:15, WalthamOwl said:

Is it because he isn't being played in his best position. I seem to remember seeing him play for Burnley on the tv on the right side of midfield and being up and down the wing all match.

This 100%. He's not and never will be a left wing back 

Edited by Avon barksdale

52 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is it because he isn't being played in his best position. I seem to remember seeing him play for Burnley on the tv on the right side of midfield and being up and down the wing all match. He has(had) pace , could beat a man , cross and score. Like reach I don't think he is a WB. Midfielder who needs a FB behind him as does Reach. 

With the current obsession with many managers of 3 at the back neither AR or GB will be playing to their strenghts.  Neither are brilliant tacklers so why persist with them in the wrong position. Can only be because we don't have any wing backs .

There is always going to be a problem shoe horning players into a formation because the manager likes it. It's happened before. We still havnt got the balance right for the formation jos  is playing. Play a formation that suits the players we have. 

Played mainly RW and RM for Burnley in their Prem season. Played almost every minute.

Their fans consider him a 100% workhorse based on several seasons watching him.

Looks like many of ours think he is a carthorse, based on 45 minutes as a LB.

53 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is it because he isn't being played in his best position. I seem to remember seeing him play for Burnley on the tv on the right side of midfield and being up and down the wing all match. He has(had) pace , could beat a man , cross and score. Like reach I don't think he is a WB. Midfielder who needs a FB behind him as does Reach. 

With the current obsession with many managers of 3 at the back neither AR or GB will be playing to their strenghts.  Neither are brilliant tacklers so why persist with them in the wrong position. Can only be because we don't have any wing backs .

There is always going to be a problem shoe horning players into a formation because the manager likes it. It's happened before. We still havnt got the balance right for the formation jos  is playing. Play a formation that suits the players we have. 

I agree about his position. He needs to be played in his best position, not in a LB/LWB position.  

On 13/08/2018 at 14:10, bazapeps said:

Does he have a future at the club?

Can't help but think Jos' selections have continued to be baffling this season, continuing from last season. Thorniley did ok when he came on on Saturday but had he made a rick or had we lost then fans would no doubt we wondering why on earth he replaced Fox on the left.

Boyd has no doubt been disappointing last season but towards the end seemed to do well at LWB, gave us some energy and attacking threat down that side. Fox and Thorniley barely get past the half way line and offer no attacking threat at all, which is bewildering in a 3-5-2.

Boyd somehow seems to have slipped behind Reach, Fox and Thorniley for that position. Yet another decision that seems to make no sense whatsoever.

it's possible to think that maybe they're under instruction NOT to venture far past the halfway line, as the first job of a back is to get back and 'defend' and our rickerty defence needs the numbers at present.

On 13/08/2018 at 14:10, bazapeps said:

Does he have a future at the club?

Can't help but think Jos' selections have continued to be baffling this season, continuing from last season. Thorniley did ok when he came on on Saturday but had he made a rick or had we lost then fans would no doubt we wondering why on earth he replaced Fox on the left.

Boyd has no doubt been disappointing last season but towards the end seemed to do well at LWB, gave us some energy and attacking threat down that side. Fox and Thorniley barely get past the half way line and offer no attacking threat at all, which is bewildering in a 3-5-2.

Boyd somehow seems to have slipped behind Reach, Fox and Thorniley for that position. Yet another decision that seems to make no sense whatsoever.

Cancel that 5h1t now you hear me! 

I would say other than Reach he covered more distance than any other player on the pitch the other night playing all over the pitch.  Cannot fault his work rate .

yet another boo boy.  Plenty of them in this squad who fans like to have a go at when we are not winning games.

Another stupid and nonsensical signing. We already had an aging winger with no pace so we go buy another. This time, he wasn’t as good as our existing player, Wallace!

His performance on Thursday night was as bad as I’ve seen from a Wednesday player including Jon Bestwetherick. He kept falling over under the slightest contact, he couldn’t find a man with a pass and he looked like he was running in quick sand. Absolutely terrible.