George Boyd

13 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

In pre season Boyd looked like he'd worked very hard to get fit. He looked the fastest player in the side by a mile. 

Boyd has made a real effort to get fit. 

How is he rewarded. He's not played.

He definitely should have come on as sub the last match. Jl wasn't interested in bringing him on 

This is how Wednesday reward hard work. 

Abdi worked his proverbials off last season to get fit. He achieved it. How was he rewarded. Wednesday invented a fake injury. Apparently he had something stuck in his eye. That was the last time we heard of him 

This is how Wednesday reward hard work. 

Of course Boyd made a fatal error. He said in close season that our players weren't fit. This is obviously true. 

Wednesday don't tolerate the truth. Wednesday don't tolerate anything. 

I've been a massive critic of Boyd. But he's made a real effort to change and improve himself

It seems that Wednesday don't expect their players to be fit and try hard. 

This is all part of the reason we are in such a mess. There's no incentive at Hillsborough for players to better themselves. 

None whatsoever 

There is no excuse for a player who has played midfield all his career to look to play the ball backward and put his untried colleagues under pressure instead of playing it forward

• Like 1

On 13/08/2018 at 22:11, Lichfield alien said:

Him and jones are on massive wages...their agents have well and truly had our pants down..wh6 did we sign so many old has beens on their way down..it really is tragic

You know this as a fact? Not a dig just interested. Many hugely inflated wages guesses are made on here about various players. Rhodes for instance. Very few have come close to what he was actually earning with us for instance

4 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

He's finished, said it last season his legs have gone. To make matters worse so has his bottle, a senior pro who hid or looked to go backwards at every turn 

Another waste of a wage.

Certainly he doesn’t have the legs to play wing back, or the quality

2 minutes ago, davethemagicweasel said:

Perhaps he'd improve if we played him in his actual position? 

Crazy idea I know. 

Could easily have had Reach as LWB and Boyd and Matias playing off Fletcher tonight. 

So we could use Boyds pace and willingness to run at players????? He's finished mate, just another player on easy street picking up a good wage

3 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Glad other's have seen it. I've played footy. The lad's legs have gone. It happens. Jos must able to see it. 

His game WAS based about his ability to get up and down the park, but age and injuries have caught up with him (as it does us all) he's a spent force as a footballer and another reason why it will be impossible for us to get promoted playing him amongst other bang average players.

I aint buying it DC

On 14/08/2018 at 16:42, Lord Snooty said:

You know what I mean, you swine!

Get out best players in their best positions.

The rest are going to be fillers anyway.

It's about getting those others in their least worst popsitions isn't it.

But get that wonky spine of our best where they need to be and we've got *a chance!

*A chance of staying up if we've docked enough points before the January firesale

spine.png

Is this a game of connect 4 ? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

So we could use Boyds pace and willingness to run at players????? He's finished mate, just another player on easy street picking up a good wage

I'm not saying he'd be in my first 11, he wouldn't, but trying to convert him to the most physically demanding position on the pitch when he's in his 30 is moronic on Jos' part.