Jump to content


Recommended Posts

The performances of Pelupessy have got me into thinking that we should maybe try to move JVA into this CM position. Good on the ball, can pick a pass, a bit more of a physical presence in the middle? 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Couldn't be worse but think Joost just needs an experienced talker next to him for his game to improve

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

How typical of wednesday to allow both Sasso and Venancio to leave and we pay 4 million for this guy. Crazy. 

Another cc masterstroke buying va, cant blame him for venancio going though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

How typical of wednesday to allow both Sasso and Venancio to leave and we pay 4 million for this guy. Crazy. 

 

Yep as Carlos said they looked at 200 centre backs and JVA was the best they could find, or attract, for £4m. Sums up life at Wednesday during the last few years 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Nearer to £2m 

 

But point taken.

Snoots. You're a well informed, level headed chap. In your opinion, what is the realistic end game and repercussions of this embargo? Is it likely all of the best players will be sold in January / allowed to leave to be replaced with the kids.  Will DC have the funds to rebuild a promotion side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my pencils have more meat on them than joost ,he must have the most skinniest legs ive ever seen, maybe he could be tried at wing back? well got to be better than fox. but no way in centre mid 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 33 said:

Couldn't be worse but think Joost just needs an experienced talker next to him for his game to improve

Agreed , "hang em up son"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

The performances of Pelupessy have got me into thinking that we should maybe try to move JVA into this CM position. Good on the ball, can pick a pass, a bit more of a physical presence in the middle? 

The trouble with that is, Jos as already got slated for allegedly playing players in (in their opinion) the wrong position. Some would have a field day on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, debram said:

Another cc masterstroke buying va, cant blame him for venancio going though

I can ,if carlos played him earlier in the season instead of getting him on loan then totally ignoring him ,he could possibly have been signed  on a full deal last January once we knew he was upto it ,now we have a defence what not before long will get 5 put past them ,that area is a mess. all the happy clappers what stuck up for carlos when I said it was a car crash waiting to happen now look where we are,it was so dam obvious .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I can ,if carlos played him earlier in the season instead of getting him on loan then totally ignoring him ,he could possibly have been signed  on a full deal last January once we knew he was upto it ,now we have a defence what not before long will get 5 put past them ,that area is a mess. all the happy clappers what stuck up for carlos when I said it was a car crash waiting to happen now look where we are,it was so dam obvious .

Bit like those who called for us to buy JR, yes we certainly missed out losing Venancio, he would have made a massive difference to us this season.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I can ,if carlos played him earlier in the season instead of getting him on loan then totally ignoring him ,he could possibly have been signed  on a full deal last January once we knew he was upto it ,now we have a defence what not before long will get 5 put past them ,that area is a mess. all the happy clappers what stuck up for carlos when I said it was a car crash waiting to happen now look where we are,it was so dam obvious .

It's fair to say the Embargo thing was probably obvious in January last year. So mute point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Snoots. You're a well informed, level headed chap. In your opinion, what is the realistic end game and repercussions of this embargo? Is it likely all of the best players will be sold in January / allowed to leave to be replaced with the kids.  Will DC have the funds to rebuild a promotion side?

 

Remains to be seen. Clearly the wage bill is as big a factor as anything else. 

 

But given that we've trimmed Loovens, Wallace, Hunt, and Venâncio from that and also made savings on what Rhodes is being paid p/m via his deal with Norwich....

Then I think that it's possible that we will  be able to resist January raids.

But there are three other factors in that which will come into play in that.

 

 

  •  Where we are in the table in January. -

1)  Near the top end -  I think DC will stick with his no sale strategy.

2)  Struggling - and looking at the trapdoor then I think there would be a fire sale as we couldn't cope with big earners in division 3.

3)  Safe - but not challenging Jos might ask for sales to free up funds to bring in his own players and start moulding a squad of his own making.

 

 

 

 

  • How much of the savings have been held aside

Of the money saved on players like Hunt, Wallace and Loovens leaving I would be interested to know if that money has been put aside ready to be put towards new contracts for some of our current players when their deals run out. 

If it hasn't. ..then we may need sales before they can walk for nothing in the summer. 

I would hope..that that money is sat waiting. 

 

 

 

 

  • Building a side

At some stage the squad will need an overhaul. It is -as it has been for 2 years - hugely unbalanced. We have some real quality in some areas but in others a paucity of quality and ,if we're being honest, some division 3 players.  

 

Jos I do think (or whoever is in charge) needs to be able to make changes to the playing side to create a cohesive unit. 

That might mean letting some of our best players go. Bannan,  Fernando, etc. 

 

Whilst that would be hard for some fans to take it is gives us a more balanced aide, albeit with less individual  talent, then it needs to be done.

 

A cohesive team unit, well drilled and in a system that suits ALL th3 players,  will over time always be more useful than and unbalanced one with frailties that relys  too often (even in 'Year One') on moments of individual brilliance dragging us through. 

 

It's not what fans want to hear.

 

Then again.

I didn't want to hear a huge talent like Dalian Atkinson was leaving. 

But....

 

.....it allowed us to become a much better 'team' overall even though the individual replacments might not have been as exciting.

Atkinson out = Wilson in + Williams in  +Money banked = Balance 

 

That's what successful football seasons are built on.

IMO.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, debram said:

Another cc masterstroke buying va, cant blame him for venancio going though

Can we blame him for refusing to play him though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, debram said:

Bit like those who called for us to buy JR, yes we certainly missed out losing Venancio, he would have made a massive difference to us this season.

buying jr was a huge mistake said it then too ,not doing that deal would have avoided us going into an embargo ,now we have 1 of the smallest squads what has several injury proned players ,along with 2-3players who jos will not touch ,if we get out of this massive hole and stop up it will be as better achievement than going up ,I really think the job is that tough ,fans need to wake up and say this aint acceptable whats happening to our great club ,id take 4th bottom now and avoiding a points deduction . what kind of team might we be able to play by December? it will be at least filled by 5-6 u23s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

The performances of Pelupessy have got me into thinking that we should maybe try to move JVA into this CM position. Good on the ball, can pick a pass, a bit more of a physical presence in the middle? 

 

With hutch switching to cb it could be worth a try vs sunderland, he struggles with man marking, aerial balls and 1 on 1's but can knock it about better than joey and cover ground. 

 

Maybe joey could do a job at rb too if needed, might have a decent side without knowing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Can we blame him for refusing to play him though?

Absolutely 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a try in the Cup IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×