iFollow

I’m sure it’s been asked before but as it’s been talked about a fair bit recently I was finding it hard to find, so delete if nesseccery. 

Thinking about investing in iFollow this season but the packages are a bit confusing. Is the ‘Day Pass’ the only one that offers live video coverage? If so what do you get with the monthly/season pass? Is it just audio coverage?  

Any help would be appreciated so I don’t start paying for the wrong thing.

I paid for the season pass - you get  audio coverage only for home and away matches. I tried to listen to the commentary whilst I was at the match yesterday but found that there was about a three minute time delay between what was going on the pitch and what the commentator was on about - so not viable. Also found that the link dropped out a few times.

It might be OK for listening to away matches via a home wi fi but not impressed - its a shame that the club have gone down this road and dumped radio coverage which means that lots of people who can no longer get to matches or aren't techy savi have effectively been cut out of the swfc family - particularly elderly / infirm who may have put lots of money into the club in the past..

2 hours ago, brett11 said:

The £4.49 is audio, also get full match replay roughly 48hours after the match. 

The match pass is video, but only available outside of 3 o clock kick offs, so just midweek games not selected by Sky, they are £10 per game

And the midweek games are on the Sky red button which works on Virgin too.

Thanks for helping clear that up! The only reason I could see for getting it would be for some of the radio coverage then as the extended highlights are normally up within a day or two on YouTube and shortened highlights on the Sky Sports app within a few hours.

If you got more live video match coverage it’s something I definitely would invest in and wouldn’t mind paying extra for but at the minute I think I’d just rather get myself to Hillsborough as and when I can can to watch the match rather than a tenner a pop to watch it online. 

Anyone complain to the club/efl/ifollow about the terrible glitchiness of the broadcast on Saturday? If so what'd you say and did you get a response?

At least the Sunderland match will be in pristine HD:

owls.thumb.jpg.983e815973f8486bde1e6a36717dced3.jpg

Looks like the whole world will be watching so we better not suck!

I'm guessing the teething troubles will clear up as the season progresses, hope so

I listened to the audio live and that was good tbf - it disappeared for a couple of minutes at the start but there was no discernible time lag

I watched the whole match replayed last night and there were too many occasions when the picture froze or broke up altogether behind a mess of colours

There were long stretches without commentary too, but that wasn't as big a problem as the visuals

What stood out more was the quality of the play

The 'live' commentary suggested it was a good open game, chances at both ends, and that Wednesday could count themselves unfortunate not to win

The replay backed up those opinions - I'd already seen the highlight clips, but we could have been comfortably ahead long before Hull started time wasting

The crowd applauded the teams off at the end too, and that's usually a fair indication

So why all the negativity on Owlstalk?

It was a game of football

We could have won it, but it ended in a draw - better luck next time  :mellow:

• Like 2

It's clear now (hopefully to the club to) that we need to back out of the iFollow agreement. It's actually a product managed by the football league which means Wednesday have very little control over it. I imagine next year when the contract is up we'll go the way of Derby and a few other clubs and have our own service. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Anyone complain to the club/efl/ifollow about the terrible glitchiness of the broadcast on Saturday? If so what'd you say and did you get a response?

I've asked to be refunded........my reply.

Thank you for your message.

To ensure a quick resolution can you reply to this email with the club you support (if not already mentioned) so we can easily find your details?

We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website.

If your question or query isn’t urgent, there is lots of useful information that may help you resolve your problem in the meantime.

Read our FAQ for UK & Ireland fans.
Read our FAQ for international fans.
If you’re having problems logging in, try resetting your password – just click on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the sign on page and follow the simple instructions.
Thank you!

iFollow Support

This is a iFollow message delivered by Kayako.

I did all the things mentioned so they're just being obtuse imo.........even the guy in the chat bubble could see the problems.

It was the worst ever on Saturday.

Got another email from ifollow, which I'm considering, considering which swear words to put in my reply!

We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience.

We are not able to offer refunds for iFollow subscriptions, per the terms of service.

Please let us know what device(s) you are using and provide some details about the issues you are encountering. Please include any error messages you are seeing when you try and access your subscription. A screenshot would be very helpful.

We are available to support you 8am-10pm. You can contact us via live chat or via this email address (ifollow@efl.com) as soon as any issue occurs and we will be happy to assist you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Rasal, iFollow Support

This was my reply from them today. 

Thank you for contacting Ifollow Support.
We apologize for these issues.
We are aware of the issues that occurred with this match and we are working with the technical team to ensure these issues are resolved however we cannot offer you a refund on this occasion.
Thanks
Jhanai,Ifollow Support

So they acknowledge the problem but simply dismiss my request. 

I am taking a stand .......until Sunday when I buy the Brentford game. 

Because i travel a lot with work, i had iFollow last season, it wasn't bad overall and was better than nothing. Far from perfect though and very reliant on the internet speed/connection quality.

I also pay for an IPTV subscription too, so i can watch UK TV channels whilst abroad. This year, they've just added 10 or so iFollow channels to it, including SWFC. Although i've not checked it out yet on matchday, if it works as i expect, then i'll be getting 3000 channels, plus iFollow for £50 per year!

The customer service from them might be the worst I have ever experienced from anything ever. When it was Player and PlayerHD it was bad but this bunch really take it to the next level. Some of the responses I've had on the live chat and through email are stuff you'd expect to see on a Little Britain script. It's embarrassing to be honest. Almost sarcastic responses from them. The sooner SWFCTV is actually a thing and not just a pipe dream the better.

3 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Got another email from ifollow, which I'm considering, considering which swear words to put in my reply!

We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience.

We are not able to offer refunds for iFollow subscriptions, per the terms of service.

Please let us know what device(s) you are using and provide some details about the issues you are encountering. Please include any error messages you are seeing when you try and access your subscription. A screenshot would be very helpful.

We are available to support you 8am-10pm. You can contact us via live chat or via this email address (ifollow@efl.com) as soon as any issue occurs and we will be happy to assist you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Rasal, iFollow Support

I got the same reply, I sent another email back with a collection of photos people had taken of their feeds showing the same problem to show that it wasn't just me having trouble, and pointed out again that their own live chat had admitted they were having technical issues. I asked if, given the images I showed them, they thought it was an acceptable level of service? 

They begrudgingly agreed to refund the pass.

They clearly don't read the emails properly and just skim them before pasting a generic reply. Eg suggesting I should have contacted live chat during the game for support, despite my first email saying I'd spoken to live chat and they had told me to send the email.

Anyway if you push again you should get the money back. It's only €7 or whatever but on principle I didn't want them to keep the money.