Players out of contact at the end of this season

The club will be much better off at that point,

The two painfully obvious ones to go are Matias and Abdi. A combined salary in the region of £2m a season and they don’t even play!!

By the end of the season it will be clear if Boyd, Jones and Fox feature in Jos’s plans. Right now it looks that Jones and Boyd are frozen out, but I expect both to feature increasingly because both are better than some of the starters, Joey in particular.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The two painfully obvious ones to go are Matias and Abdi. A combined salary in the region of £2m a season and they don’t even play!!

By the end of the season it will be clear if Boyd, Jones and Fox feature in Jos’s plans. Right now it looks that Jones and Boyd are frozen out, but I expect both to feature increasingly because both are better than some of the starters, Joey in particular.

Would think combined salary of £2m per year for Matias and Abdi is a conservative estimate I would think.

Looking at that list be a good chance all will go. Cant offer new contracts at moment so you anyones guess what state playing staff be in start of next season.

Thank god we’ll be able to get some of the wasters off the wage bill!!! Need to sort stuff out with the EFL asap and start discussing contracts with bannan, Joao and whichever youngsters we want to keep for long term. Hooper and Lee are two of or best players but no idea wheee they are with fitness. Cut losses with rest and breathe a big sigh of relief. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would think combined salary of £2m per year for Matias and Abdi is a conservative estimate I would think.

Looking at that list be a good chance all will go. Cant offer new contracts at moment so you anyones guess what state playing staff be in start of next season.

Reckon it’d be a bit more than that, Abdi prob about 30k per week. Include Jones, Boyd, Westwood, Palmer to list prob in region of 5-6 million pa. 

We've brought no significant transfer fees into the club since Chansiri arrived. Trimming the wage bill is one thing, but without selling some players for decent fees, I can't see us being in a position to spend any real money again next season.

We really have to make sure that we don't allow all of João, Bannan, Hooper, Westwood, and Lee to walk away from our club for nothing next summer.

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Spot on regards Abdi and Matias.

I’m not sure it’ll be totally clear who is in Jos’s plans. He’s going to have to play people regardless of whether he wants them or not. Needs must and all that. 

9 minutes ago, Jwowl said:

Would be absolutely criminal if we lose some of these players without a fee 

Would need a miracle or a con-trick worthy of The Sting to get a fee for Abdi or Matias mate. 

Could try “For Sale, second-hand footballers. Nearly new, hardly used”. Might work?

Edited by Holmowl

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Would need a miracle or a con-trick worthy of The Sting to get a fee for Abdi or Matias mate. 

Ye...

deff didnt have those in mind when I said ‘some of these players’

Although can see matias getting game time this season (if some miracle occurs and he’s fit for more than 45 mins a season)

At the recent fans forum when Chansiri said we’d have “big problems” if we don’t go up, I think this is what he meant.

He also said we couldn’t offer contracts to players until their existing ones had expired and I think he knows there will already be offers from other clubs on the table for the likes of Joao, Hooper, Bannan and Lee.

I think he knows we could lose half of our squad for nothing if we don’t go up and in order to guard against this, I could see a situation where if we aren’t fighting for a top 6 spot (which let’s face it we probably won’t be) when the transfer window opens in January, we may well see a bit of a fire sale at Hillsborough to guard against us getting nothing for these players in the Summer.