Morgan Fox

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

If players are ‘scared’ to play football then they are clearly in the wrong profession. Especially in front of a fan base like ours who are the World Champions at apathy.

Imagine how some of these scared players would go on at Millwall, West Ham, Leeds etc. They would bobbar their britches in the warm up. 

This squad are mentally as well as physically very weak any team that comes prepared to battle will get a result against us. 

He was poor today but some of the abuse he’s getting is shocking.

He was injured before “that” pass which may just have contributed.

I agree he’s not great and shouldn’t be a first choice but he’s not bad as back up, unfortunately another case of being the latest scapegoat.

I feel bad for him, but he really is dreadful.

Charlton fans told us exactly what he was like (and playing in League One at that), just another example of our terrible recruitment/scouting

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No need for any hate on Fox really

Just swap him out for Thorniley

Sorted

How do you fairly assess a complete road crash of a player. Its not hatred, its just mind blowing how this guy earns a wage as a professional footballer. 

Needs a spell on the bench to be coached and evaluated, not any improvement on last year and after today I think Thorniley was brill and has just taken his place. Real shame if he is put on scrap heap. Still young and hopefully someone can get the best out of him. 

13 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

How do you fairly assess a complete road crash of a player. Its not hatred, its just mind blowing how this guy earns a wage as a professional footballer. 

If a player isnt quite good enough its not his fault he was bought and is played

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Needs a spell on the bench to be coached and evaluated, not any improvement on last year and after today I think Thorniley was brill and has just taken his place. Real shame if he is put on scrap heap. Still young and hopefully someone can get the best out of him. 

His confidence is already shot. The guy is just not up to the riggers of a professional footballer. Maybe harsh but true. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If a player isnt quite good enough its not his fault he was bought and is played

Not necessilly blaming the lad, but it doesn't detract from the fact the guy is stealing a wage from us as pro footballer and we as a club are suffering through it. I just cannot understand how 2  yes 2 managers can see something in him. Beggars belief.

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

His confidence is already shot. The guy is just not up to the riggers of a professional footballer. Maybe harsh but true. 

Sorry but disagree about not a professional footballer. He is 24 and come up the ranks to the championship. I think he will be beaten to a place in the Wednesday team by reach or thorniley. But he would do a good job at league 1 and at 24 he has time to develop. We need to try and develop talent rather than just scrapping players at first signs of issues. He looks not confident, but pelupessy was worse today and I think he will develop just fine with time! Young lads need the right coaching and support! Not ironic cheers when taken off! He’s a Wednesday player. Honestly. 

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorry but you can only take your relentless positivity so far. In the sense of your statement above, you could say, if a manager is not quite good enough then it is not his fault he was signed and contracted by the owner to run the team, yet you ridiculed Carlos for months!

Fox will have his performance assessed just like anyone else in the team, yes there is pressure on him as his past performances have dictated and once again it is difficult not to draw the conclusion that we were better without him than with him. Of course we can be positive about how Thorniley played in his place but then we go to the manager who picked Fox ahead of him, or should we then go straight to the owner who chose the manager who makes these decisions......  

I felt sorry for him. He didn't play well and you could see he knew that and you could see the crowd getting on his back was affecting him. A bit like Butterfield last season you can predict what will happen and it's clear the fans minds have been made up on him sadly.