Morgan Fox

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

It's not just 1 game tho is it

It is this season. We’re clearly stuck with what we have so instead of getting on players backs and making them even less motivated to play for us, how about we don’t? 

It it was clear from minute 1 fans were waiting to get on his back, as soon as he made 1 tiny mistake you could hear the abuse.

I don't know why I think this, but he reminds me of a veg store worker in one of those brown jackets as worn by Ronnie Barker in open all hours,

it's wrong I know but every time I see him, images of him riding his bike with a basket making his rounds.

Does any one else see this, or is it just me?

I just don't see him as a footballer.

• Haha 1

Worse one for me was near the dug out, three opposition players coming towards him and you could almost see the panic in his face so he just kicked it anywhere.  I have always tried to defend him but looked well out of his league on Saturday.

On 11/08/2018 at 21:12, HighworthOwl said:

That pass... I couldn't stop laughing. 

Never want to see a player injured. Thornley was excellent when he came on. Surely the way forward.

I think the difference in performances showed

Fox looked cagey .. almost sh*t scared of upsetting everyone in Hillsborough ready for the boo's and heckles ..  that he went on to look like a comedy clown first giving the ball away and then injuring himself with a rash challenge.

Whereas with Thorniley, confident, supportive crowd and agressive, he stepped up and took advantage

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2018 at 20:52, Blatter said:

until we can sort out central midfield and put Reach to left wing back where he plays best.

Fox was playing left wing back because Reach was terrible at it against Wigan.

For me this is the one big hole in our squad. Central defense is not ideal, but we have enough bodies to get the job done.. left wing back we literally have no on who can actually play there to a half decent level.

On 12/08/2018 at 12:31, sheriwozgod said:

His lack of desire in trying to defend his own net for that Hull goal yesterday was laughable.

You're criticising Fox for that goal? :D

I love some of our fans sometimes..
So Fox is marking his man, out on the left, where he should be.

His man steps inside slightly so he follows and is just where he should be.

The comes thru the Pudil's man.. Pudil blocks it but it drops back to his man, leaving Pudil wrong footed.

Fox see that and comes back to pressure the man with the ball, but is wrong side, so can't make a challenge.

Pudil isn't quick enough to recover and Lees is slow to close him down, so he gets the shot away.
There's 3 guys in our area, all with markers.. tho Bannan has basically give up on his man and given him a 10 yard start.
Ball comes back off the post. Baker's flat footed as he's expecting it to go wide or in.. so their guy gets there ahead of him.
Bannan's completely let his man go now so they're 3v2 in the middle.

Fox and Lees are both ball watching from the edge of the area.

Pudil can't even be bothered to try and stand up, let alone get back.

2nd shot comes in and Dawson saves.

Hutch runs to the goal line, when if he'd stayed where he was he could have challenged for the loose ball.

Fox jogs back.
Lees walks back.

Bannan stands motionless on the edge of the area, looking at his man completely free on the edge of the 6 yard box.

and they slot it in.

So if you see that.. and think morgan fox was the problem then.. wow. His man was never even near our area, let alone in it.

It's more fair to criticise:
Pudil for a lack of pace to catch his man, and just sitting on the ground from the initial shot until the celebrating scorer jogs past him.

Lees for being slow to close down and then not trying to get back.
Bannan for causing much of the problem in the first place by not marking his man meaning we were left outnumbered in the area.
Baker for assuming the ball would be out of play, instead of following in like the Hull player.
Hutch for thinking he can somehow stop 2 players scoring by standing on the goal line.

Fox is not on the list of culprits at all. If anything he deserves some credit for at least trying to help Pudil out.

Lost count of how many times I've said this now.. but our players have failings.. so let's stick to criticising them for those, instead of just making up things to have a go at them about.

The cheers when he went off were out of order, but wow does he look out of his depth.

He shouldn't be played in that position again for his own sake, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Could do a lot worse than sticking with Thorniley or even giving Penney a go.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Fox was playing left wing back because Reach was terrible at it against Wigan.

For me this is the one big hole in our squad. Central defense is not ideal, but we have enough bodies to get the job done.. left wing back we literally have no on who can actually play there to a half decent level.

Agreed but I wouldn’t single out Reach. Most of em were terrible

2 minutes ago, Standidno said:

I don’t think he’ll play for us again. Genuinely think he’s had enough.

He knows he's not good enough.

Remember the time last season against Wolves. Was struggling all evening, got beat by his man, was knackered so just decided to foul him so he could get himself sent off.