The youngsters - quality

Having some kids in the team is great, though I can see why Jos doesn't want to play more than 2-3 at a time as youngsters need some experienced heads around them and its unfair to chuck them all in at the deep end together.

The mystery is Penny, apparently one of the brighter prospects and a natural at a position (LWB) where we don't have any other naturals.  Must get his chance soon surely? 

29 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Having some kids in the team is great, though I can see why Jos doesn't want to play more than 2-3 at a time as youngsters need some experienced heads around them and its unfair to chuck them all in at the deep end together.

The mystery is Penny, apparently one of the brighter prospects and a natural at a position (LWB) where we don't have any other naturals.  Must get his chance soon surely? 

Like to see Penney get a game at LM v Sunderland to see if he can make the step up.. Think it's  reasonable to play a few more too, we have a difficult game v Brentford less than 72 hrs after and two winnable games at home to round off next week, which would start to define our season if we can pick up points, or fail to pick up a win.

Expect Palmer, Jones, Boyd, Nuhiu and Matias to start, possibly Lees as captain, so we have a spine of experienced players. Along with Penney, would like to see Preston start in a front 3 and J.Lee, Hunt get some minutes from the bench, as they've been featuring in the matchday  squad so obviously in Jos' plans and would be a useful test against good opposition.

Edited by striker

On 13/08/2018 at 12:22, adelphi1867 said:

In 47 seasons as a S/T holder, that is all I have ever wanted from Wednesday, evolution, not revolution.

That is how the clubs are doing it  today.

Burnley.

Brentford.

Dem Blades.

Barnsley.

Bournmouth.

Out of interest, I wonder who would qualify as the last such star or hero to come out of our youth system? It's been quite a while I think..

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

Out of interest, I wonder who would qualify as the last such star or hero to come out of our youth system? It's been quite a while I think..

Mel Sterland, that is how bad we have been over the last 30 odd years at producing our own players.

4 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

Liam Palmer, before him Tommy Spurr. - I know star and hero are pushing it for both - but they have had solid careers at a high level. 

I'm worried they won't, because previous behaviour says so, but I really hope all the fans give the young lads the time they need and support them all the way. We need to understand the sh*t situation we are in and it's only the players at the club that can save us and the youngsters will play a critical role as more and more senior players are sold off to satisfy FFP.