This keeper situation

Doesn’t worry me. 3 good keepers fighting for the shirt. Not interested in the politics of it. 

Transfer embargo is a bonus as well because it stops us buying any more duffers. 

What we actually need to worry about is the lack of pace, lack of a dominant centre half, overpaid and over the hill players who failed when in their prime so can’t be expected to succeed when beyond it, Pellupessy, Fox, apathy, and a manager who doesn’t realise you can make substitutions in time to impact the game. 

One big thing is that Jos not seen Westwood play in championship. Only training and first half v Lincoln. 

He had to chose Dawson or Wildsmith in his tenure and stuck with them. He won’t know Westwood in game character.

imo if he chose Westwood as no1 then one of others would have left and they are long term future and can improve, Westwood on big money and out of contract next year. 

Dawson hasn’t set a foot wrong since the end of last season when he was number 1. Find it baffling how many people are baying for blood because Westwood has been left out, he’s past his best and on a high wage it would be best for all if he moved on, we’ve got 2 talented young keepers to get behind now.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Doesn’t worry me. 3 good keepers fighting for the shirt. Not interested in the politics of it. 

Transfer embargo is a bonus as well because it stops us buying any more duffers. 

What we actually need to worry about is the lack of pace, lack of a dominant centre half, overpaid and over the hill players who failed when in their prime so can’t be expected to succeed when beyond it, Pellupessy, Fox, apathy, and a manager who doesn’t realise you can make substitutions in time to impact the game. 

Can you tell who these 3 keepers are because from where I’m stood there are 2. We have have another asset that is costing the club a considerable amount of money and is also far better player than the afore mentioned 2. He is not however fighting for the shirt . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

Really? Westwood will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Dawson and Wildsmith are the long term future goal keepers. We're not going to be challenging for top 6 this season so what is the point of playing Westwood?

Except DC has said we need promotion or we're in big trouble. 

And hasnt sold FF, etc. 

If were not going to be aiming too 6, surely he'd have sold him?

I genuinely believe they think we can get promotion, which is staggering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immediate67 said:

Really? Westwood will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Dawson and Wildsmith are the long term future goal keepers. We're not going to be challenging for top 6 this season so what is the point of playing Westwood?

Why do you think no one as moved on including Westwood. No one can match the wages Wednesday are paying for some of the so called top end players. What a mess. 

42 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And hasnt sold FF, etc. 

More chance of us going down than there is of us going up this season and i genuinely mean that. Anyone thinking we can get promoted this season is deluded, this squad of players lacks in every aspect needed in a promotion team.

8 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Why do you think no one as moved on including Westwood. No one can match the wages Wednesday are paying for some of the so called top end players. What a mess. 

And now it seems we are paying these wages to them for the privilege of not even having them in the squad. Westwood has always held his hand up the few times he has made errors and has proved his worth time and time again since before DC arrived. 

Anyone writing off a 33-year-old goalkeeper as past it due to a couple of dodgy games last season when he was playing with an injury is kidding themselves. 

Sadly the politics of us having one of the highest paid goalkeepers in the division as 3rd choice cannot be ignored. It's a shambles. I will be sad to see him go but happier than I am having him waste away as 3rd choice while we are still paying him.

Curious decision as I think Westwood is our best GK. but Jos has had a look at them all and chosen Dawson with an eye on the future. 

Have to respect that decision and Dawson did ok today, a couple of good saves, looked composed in possession but weak on crosses. Still early in his career though and time to develop.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And hasnt sold FF, etc. 

We are going to be in big trouble then ,because there is no way this squad (,who have failed for the last three seasons to get promoted,) is going to get us up this year. 

• Like 1