Player Ratings (non OPTA)

3 hours ago, lairyowl said:

I know fox not best but didn't do anything wrong did he? Lost ball on e tried get it back and injured Sen 

Watch their goal back. Wanders out of position. Fails to get a foot in and then shows no urgency to defend while the ball pings around the box. Awful defending. 

Guest Theboylangers
17 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Dawson 6.5

Baker 7.5

Pudil 6.5

Hutch 7.5

Lees 6.5

Fox 5.5

Pelupessy 5.5

Bannan 7.5

Reach 7.5

Forestieri 8.5

Fletcher 7.5

Thorniley 7.5

Matias 7.5

Jos 5.5

Doughnuts 7.5

Corrected it for you. 

lol

@hawksmore @McRightSide

Edited by Theboylangers

4 hours ago, mogbad said:

Dawson 5 - Did ok, made a great save before their goal, handling a bit off.

Lees 6 - Pretty solid defensively.

Hutchinson 7 - Pick of the back line for me, looks far more comfortable than in a midfield role.

Pudil 6 - Same as Lees, solid defensively.

Baker 6 - Tidy game, great positions going forward, not much to do defensively.

Fox 1 - One word, garbage.

Reach 6 - Put a decent shift in but more effective on the left than the right midfield position he had today.

Pelupessy 2 - Awful today, the worst I've seen in a Wednesday shirt today.

Bannan 7 - Usual running all over the pitch, trying to make things happen & drive us forward particularly in the 2nd half.

Forestieri 8 - MOTM for me, always a threat & a handful for their defence. Won & scored the penalty.

Fletcher 4 - 8 for work rate & leading the line, 0 for finishing, should have had 3. If he'd scored 1 he'd be MOTM.

Thorniley 7 - Excellent game when he came on, looks stronger & more confident.

Matias 6 - Looked lively & hungry.

Jos 4 - Dawson didn't let us down but if you've got the best keeper in the division at your disposal then you play him. Tactically far too negative & ponderous in the first half.

Exactly what I would have said so I don’t need to now

• Thanks 1

Dawson 7 did well almost kept out the goal 

Baker 8 very good game has the makings of an excellent right back and a good wing back 

Fox 4 started poorly and got worse only good thing he did was injure himself 

Lees 7 decent needs a settled defence around him 

Hutchinson 7 best defender at the club must stay at centre half

Pudil 6 steady 

pellupessy 5 far to lax in possession good attitude doesn’t hide a lot of flaws 

Bannan 7 tried to be the creative hub but was too deep too often because joey offers no protection 

Reach 7 superb energy some great crosses but needs a more defined role

FF 7 need to get him on ball more because when he did get it he was excellent, superb bit of skill almost brought winner 

Fletcher 7 very good all round game except the most important part should have won us game 

Thorniley 7 improved back line as soon as he came on must start next game 

Mattais 6 some nice touches and plenty of endeavour just not what was required at the time but that’s not his fault 

overall to slow a start but should have won midfield needs sorting ASAP to give bazza more freedom, we need to persist with the young players and we need more fit strikers for better options 

3 hours ago, trotter said:

Dawson - 7

Baker - 7

Lees - 7

Hutch - 8

Pudil - 6

Fox - 5

Pelupessy - 5

Bannan - 6

Reach - 8

Fletcher - 5. Paid to score goals and missed 3 sitters 

FF - 7

Thorniley - 7

Matias - 6

Yep I agree with your assessment  here. Bannan played us into trouble giving the ball away too many times today, in dangerous positions. Fletchers overall game was spoiled by not taking at least one of his 3 straight forward chances. Hopefully he will sharpen up with more game time and fitness. Fox, unfortunately was the weakest link.

11 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Dawson 6 not much to do but did nothing wrong and made one good save not his fault the defenders were ball watching

Baker 7 defensively good and got forward quite well.

Lees 6 too slow in possession still not sure he is a natural leader.

Hutch 7 solid enough and should be captain IMO.

Pudil 6 not bad but i've seen him have better games.

Fox 1  garbage and not fit to wear the shirt went off injured with embarrassment.

Pelupessy 2 2nd worst player on the pitch for us, passenger.

Bannan 6 plays way to deep for my liking and was the same under CC tidy but not his best game.

Reach 6 not a CM, trying to play the KL role but is nowhere near as good one brilliant cross to Fletcher.

FF 7 our best player but he needs better players around him, Our only hope.

Fletcher 7 sitter after sitter but apart from that he had a decent game.

Thorniley 7 MOTM most accomplished performance on the pitch.

Matias  lone striker literraly

Jos 3 making a rock for his own back i'm not happy at all with the start to the season.

Fox...injured with embarrassment !

That’s a funny line.

I will look forward to the update... “Well Joss, how is Fox’s injury, will he be fit for the midweek game ?”

”I don’t think so...he’s still very ashamed “

Dawson 6. Looked more assured than at Wigan, but his middle distance passing was outta sync today. Made a terrific save just before heir goal. Think he needs to be more communicative to the defence. Westwood should be playing tho.

Baker 6. Thought he did really well today. A little nervy defensively to start with and a couple of wayward crosses, but he got forward, always asking for the ball. He's showing fox how he should be playing. Tidied up his play a bit and a solid 7/10 player for me. 

Lees 5. Defensively looks much better(7), but on the ball he is terrible(3). Having him as the right centre back does him no favours. Should be in the centre, but if hutch plays all up and down the pitch can't see it happening. Would be more comfortable in a 4.

Hutch 7.5. No mistakes at all. Some great passing and stepped out when he could. Effectively marked their no 7 outta the game. Influences the game constantly.

Pudil 6.5 Thought he was solid and gave everything as usual. Great on the ball. Got forward at times too. 

Fox 2.5. He was 3rd choice at Charlton for a reason. He's better as the left CB in a 3. He lost the ball loads, misplaced many passes, but mostly didn't want the ball and bar 1 occasion he always stopped and played back. I believe this was he reason FF seemed quiet in the first half as he had no supply from fox. Whereas Baker got forward and allowed Reach to have the ball. He did us a favour getting Injured. I think that was the diff in the 2nd half rather than a Jos team talk.

Joey 4. I don't get him. To me he's a younger Jones. So slightly quicker and movement but still the same issues. He losses 50/50s, gets caught too many times on the ball and only really plays short backwards balls. Often landing that player in trouble. So he may not have misplaced many passes but it didn't help us at all. He needs to improve. 

Bannan 6.5. he was generally his usual self in that he ran his socks off, looked great at times but also played some sloppy balls that nearly cost us twice. Still at least he's trying to influence the game. I often think he's too deep but having Joey on doesn't help. Having Lee and Hooper, together with him and FF would makes us a different proposition.

Reach 7. Great in the first half and continued to worry them in the 2nd, I just think at times he lacked the final ball (and when he played a close ball he'd through his hands up as an ooo and stop. Reyt annoyed me. Go win it back!!) If he can improve his end product we have a player. 

Fletcher 6. Jeckell and Hyde performance, played well generally, but my god his finishing was atrocious. How he didn't put at least one of those 3 chances away I'll never know. Coat us the game.

Nando 8. Quiet in the first half but I think this was more fox not combining with him. He has flashes when he did have the ball but was a little off the pace with final decision. But when he made a mistake he chased it. 2nd half was immense. Created plenty and hull didn't know what to do. What we'd do without him I'll never know.

Thorniley 7. Did great. He's not a wingback but he made runs, he defended well and was so confident and calm on the ball. Gotta start next league game. Long term CB and I've very confidence in him. 

Matias 6. Didn't have much time and is not a central striker but he ran at them and had some lovely trickery. 

Based on today, we will concede all the time, but at least we created more than I feared we would. But hull are poor and unless we are more clinical and become tighter we'll be bottom half. Wish miss Lee and Hooper (and João) so much. If Joey doesn't improve we may as well have reach there and let João play (if a minor injury) until Lee gets back. Hopefully Fox is now done in the first team. I'd rather have thorniley,pudil or Penney there.

12 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Dawson - 7 - What he had to do, he did well. Unbelievable save before Hull's goal, and another smart save from long range effort in 2nd. 

Baker - 6 - Solid display. Caught out a couple of times in the 1st 10 minutes, but after that, settled down and offered a good outlet. Created a few really nice overloads with Reach in the 1st half. Didn't see as much of the ball int he 2nd half

Lees - 6 - Defended much better than last week, but I've a real issue with his position. He's so uncomfortable on the ball, yet in the wide centre back position they are the initiation to most attacks from the back. 

Hutchinson - 7- Man of the Match - Encouraging display. Took up a unique position really...neither a centre half nor a defensive midfielder...seemed to play both positions...and well. Thought he looked stronger in the 2nd half, and really took the game by the scruff of the neck. Should be our captain. 

Pudil - 6 - Looked more comfortable with genuine protection from a left back, but still caught out a couple of occasions. 

Fox - 5 - Seemed to be this weeks Scapegoat of the Week. He didn't have a mare by any stretch of the imagination. Gave the ball away poorly once, and was crucified for it. Cheering him off the pitch, is it any wonder we ruin players? flippingridiculous. Playing somebody who could defend at left wing back/left back definitely helped out shape and general control of the game though. 

Pelupessy - 5 - Another display which lacked any sort of encouragement. Caught out on the ball too often, played too safe when he did get the ball and far too often vacated the middle. Hull's goal came from a counter attack where Pelupessy and Bannan had left the middle totally exposed. 

Bannan - 7 - Cannot fault Bannan...he works tirelessly and it matters to him. Tough job today for him alongside Pelupessy, seemed to have to do two roles a lot of the time. Always looking to make things tick, and he's one of a few of our players who were so reliant on this season. 

Forestieri - 7 - Energetic, lively display. Didn't get too much space to play in during the first half, and had to feed off bits and bobs. As Wednesday upped the tempo, Hull got stretched, and FF looked to exploit the space far more often. Good for him to convert the penalty after been sharp enough to win it, and so close to scoring a fantastic goal shortly after. 

Fletcher - 7 - He had a very good game today. Occupied the centre halves well, and looked sharp. Linked play brilliantly and got into some great positions. Yeah...he should've scored at least one of his chances...but we missed him when he was replaced. Encouraging, and we should continue to see more from him. 

Reach - 6 - Got better as the game went on. Didn't think playing him on the right flank suited his natural game, but he did a job. 

Thorniley - 7 - Lot to like about Thorniley. Loves to defend, and is powerful on the ball. Could be a good option going forward for the left back role. 

Matias - 6 - He's not a centre forward, and although he didn't do anything wrong, we suffered when he replaced Fletcher, lost that striker to lead the line. 

The comments are accurate. Pelupessy had some good games last season but had one of his poorer games today but think improvement on last week. Thought Fletchers positional play was as good as I have seen from him in Wednesday shirt. It reminded me of improvement we saw in Nuhiu who was getting in better positions playing with more confidence and started scoring. Hopefully Fletcher who like Nuhiu does not have history of being a goal getter can step up and start hitting back of net regularly.

Thorniley has to start league games best left sided defender we have.

13 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Its just baffling how anyone could give any of the players higher than 6 today. No purpose, no direction and no end result and against a very average side. Very poor display. 

Dont know if you were at the match today but Hutch oozed class at CB with solid defending and some wonderful passes half the length of the pitch. Thorniley looked a class above once he came on, Bannan and Reach both looked bang on form. Ok the result and finishing in general were not what we wanted but theres no way on earth those players scored as low as a 6

15 hours ago, Miruic said:

Watch their goal back. Wanders out of position. Fails to get a foot in and then shows no urgency to defend while the ball pings around the box. Awful defending. 

Not saying he's not poo ect but wasn't just him was it , lees  looked like gave up too but No1 on there case

Dawson 6 - Unlucky with goal after a superb save.

Baker 6 - Did ok most of game but did give ball away on odd occasion and put ball in kop when trying to put a cross in. (Palmer would have got boo'd)

Pudil 6 - Averagely ok but his lack of pace worries me. 

Hutch 7- One of our better players

Lees 7 - As above, solid performance

Fox 6- Thought he was having a good game up untill rash challenge and injury

Pelupessy 5- Hardly notice him in most games

Bannan 7 - Gave ball away a few times early in game but got better as game wore on

Reach 7- Much better than last week playing in this position 

Forestieri 8- MOM for me, so unlucky with that chance near end which he created himself. 

Fletcher 7- Frustrating afternoon but apart from missed chances had a good game

Thorniley 7- Thought he did very well when he came on

Matias 6- Tried to make something happen and worth a start at Sunderland

Overall team performance

First Half 5 Second Half 7

4 hours ago, BigOwl said:

Dont know if you were at the match today but Hutch oozed class at CB with solid defending and some wonderful passes half the length of the pitch. Thorniley looked a class above once he came on, Bannan and Reach both looked bang on form. Ok the result and finishing in general were not what we wanted but theres no way on earth those players scored as low as a 6

Yes mate I was, but if you are describing some our performances as class then, I definately was at another game. A very very average Hull side but we couldnt even break them down with 'CLASS'