Westwood is 3rd choice - Official

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair he seems to do the same with the fans, Radio Sheffield, executive box holders etc as well. Pretty much everybody. His way or no way regardless of the outcome.

Don't get it myself, as doesn't always seem to be in our best interests.

Why do you keep trolling through my posts and negging them? just because i dont hold the same views as some other posters. It has been mentioned on here before about you doing this. You really are childish. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Real truth; only Westwood & DC know that.

The rumour in JAN; heavily strenghened by evidence since; is that KW & agent tried to force a move to Stoke, SWFC didn't play ball; Westwood wouldn't train claiming injury; & hence a permanent fall out since.

Jeez; most rumours are poopoo; but surely to god there's enough to convince people of this one!

Even IF this were true then why:

Market him to the fans with squad number 1?

Market him to fans in kit advertising promo?

Play him in goal pre season at Lincoln?

5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Even IF this were true then why:

Market him to the fans with squad number 1?

Market him to fans in kit advertising promo?

Play him in goal pre season at Lincoln?

The show must go on & be played out until the player moves on.

Both the club & player will sort of play ball until then & not openly admit a major fall out.

How this facade is paper thin as shown with the SWFC KW injury tweet & KWs denial.

we whinge that we have too many 30 something's , we whinge that we don't give youth a chance and then we whinge when the manager does something to rectify the situation …..when jos arrived with a reputation of giving young players a chance he seemed to get a big thumbs up from most ….what's changed , is it our young players arnt good enough?, can fans not give up out of there loyalty to players who have served us well . ?

A LOT of Jos bashing going on in here when I'm reality the decision is likely to not have had anything to do with him. Jos is hardly going to come out in public and slag his boss off is he?

Keeper is the one position we can actually afford to lose sometime of KWs ability from to help alleviate our financial mess, Dawson is a safe pair of hands and Wildsmith a solid back up. The club  (not necessarily Jos) are clearly looking to get rid and the longer this lingers the more of a problem it will get, the instability is unhealthy and Westwood deserves more respect from us to resolve quickly. 

The decision (given the circumstances) makes sense, the way they're going about it doesn't.

Guest Maxine
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I think we have enough this season to avoid relegation whoever our keeper is  but next season will be a different matter so makes sense to give the two that will still be here as much experience as possible …..

We could have kept Westwood as our first choice keeper Dawson as number two and sent Wildsmith on loan. That makes more sense.

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

We could have kept Westwood as our first choice keeper Dawson as number two and sent Wildsmith on loan. That makes more sense.

but then dawson wouldn't get the experience sat on his arse watching westwood for 46 games ……..if dawson can nail down the spot this season it will stand us in good stead for promises to be a very difficult season next year ……..course if do go with dawson and get relegated this season your right and i'm wrong but I don't think we will.

I would guess that if you added up the wages of both Dawson and Wildsmith they probably dont add up to even half of what Westwood earns.

And this is the only reason he is currently our 3rd choice keeper and on his way out of the club.

Guest Maxine
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

but then dawson wouldn't get the experience sat on his arse watching westwood for 46 games ……..if dawson can nail down the spot this season it will stand us in good stead for promises to be a very difficult season next year ……..course if do go with dawson and get relegated this season your right and i'm wrong but I don't think we will.

Dawson would then do the cup runs and come on if Westwood took a nock. 

I really think Westwood would have made a difference this season.

Ultimately I look at the whole situation like this. 

If Westwood is still here after the loan window closes and he is still told that he is our 3rd choice keeper. 

Then it will make £90 pound memberships and the signing of Urby Emmanuelson seem like good ideas.

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Jos has lost the plot????

How many times does this need saying; to sink in with our fans.

ITS NOWT TO DO WITH JOS. WESTWOOD & THE CLUB FELL OUT IN JAN. PLENTY THAT KNEW THIS SAID THAT KW WOULDN'T PLAY FOR SWFC AGAIN. AND HE HASN'T. ITS NOWT TO DO WITH JOS & SELECTION.

100% true.

Everyone in this thread highlighting how strange the situation is without wondering what is the cause of the situation.

Westwood went missing last year when we had to call Dawson back from Chesterfield.

He's done it multiple times.

The club has had enough.

Do you want them to come out to the public and say 'yes, he's been causing unrest at the club. Now who wants to buy him'?

This is nothing to do with Jos. Nothing to do with having a buyer lined up. Nothing to do with Chansiri being weird.

This is fully the club enforcing rules to a senior player.

Believe me or don't believe me, I don't mind. Plenty of people on here know me and know I'm not a bullshitter.