Westwood is 3rd choice - Official

3 minutes ago, tashton said:

Go on then, if you know the real truth, share it with us.  What's the fall out about?.   People will speculate if they not told what's happening.

Real truth; only Westwood & DC know that.

The rumour in JAN; heavily strenghened by evidence since; is that KW & agent tried to force a move to Stoke, SWFC didn't play ball; Westwood wouldn't train claiming injury; & hence a permanent fall out since.

Jeez; most rumours are poopoo; but surely to god there's enough to convince people of this one!

3 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Couple of people i know saying Westwood is going abroad, just passing on the info so dont neg me, one of the guys does get to know bits and bobs from time to time.

It doesnt look like he'll play for us again.

It nothing to do with Jos's decisions.

And we have a good replacement in Dawson.

End of (all my posts are now going to end in this gem)

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Our Chairman seem to have a lot of fallouts with players.

Despite the potential hit on the club's finances - it appears that Chansiri is prepared to cut of his nose TSHF. Its like winning the personal battle is way more important than the affects on the club/playing side. Proving very expensive.

End ov.

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
22 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Real truth; only Westwood & DC know that.

The rumour in JAN; heavily strenghened by evidence since; is that KW & agent tried to force a move to Stoke, SWFC didn't play ball; Westwood wouldn't train claiming injury; & hence a permanent fall out since.

Jeez; most rumours are poopoo; but surely to god there's enough to convince people of this one!

Just another rumour then with no factual evidence. If he did refuse to train or feign injury, which is probably guff. Then he is a deserves to rot for holding club to ransom. 

Just now, zzmdu said:

Despite the potential hit on the club's finances - it appears that Chansiri is prepared to cut of his nose TSHF. Its like winning the personal battle is way more important than the affects on the club/playing side. Proving very expensive.

End ov.

To be fair he seems to do the same with the fans, Radio Sheffield, executive box holders etc as well. Pretty much everybody. His way or no way regardless of the outcome.

Don't get it myself, as doesn't always seem to be in our best interests.

Just now, Willow Owl said:

Just another rumour then with no factual evidence. If he did refuse to train or feign injury, which is probably guff. Then he is a deserves to rot for holding club to ransom. 

No factual evidence??? Sorry to be rude; but you need to open your eyes.

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

End ov.

"When in Yorkshire eh"?

He's certainly picked up on one of the areas most famous traits here then!!!!!

:Chansiri:

Also - "ah say what I like, n I like what I bloody well say" .......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Maxine said:

I don't agree with this decision. We may find ourselves in a relegation battle Westwood is capable of getting us valuable points are the other two?

I think we have enough this season to avoid relegation whoever our keeper is  but next season will be a different matter so makes sense to give the two that will still be here as much experience as possible …..

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

No factual evidence??? Sorry to be rude; but you need to open your eyes.

So you believe Westwood feigned injury at a time when the club needed their senior players and this is okay? 

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair he seems to do the same with the fans, Radio Sheffield, executive box holders etc as well. Pretty much everybody. His way or no way regardless of the outcome.

Don't get it myself, as doesn't always seem to be in our best interests.

ALL the 60 odd chairman would have been annoyed at the BBC c4k drop.

All the others; were able to suck it up; & move on for the benefit of the club/fans.

Only one couldnt let it go; & had to win. Except we've totally lost (cash & service to fans)

Just now, zzmdu said:

ALL the 60 odd chairman would have been annoyed at the BBC c4k drop.

All the others; were able to suck it up; & move on for the benefit of the club/fans.

Only one couldnt let it go; & had to win. Except we've totally lost (cash & service to fans)

Indeed.

Gutted for the elderly etc who enjoyed the commentaries. 

In hindsight with the state of the team, perhaps they are better off.

What a shambles. 

A top keeper, on big money, rotting in our reserves. 

Not a chance in hell he's been deemed our third best keeper. 

This has got to do with us wanting to offload him, something contractual etc. 

This is so farcical that it makes me angry.

The way I see it there are a few possible scenarios here:

1. Westwood is close to triggering a bonus.  If we are not playing him because of this then it will annoy all players at the club with these types of bonuses and it reduces our credibility in future contract negotiations.

2. The club believes he is the 3rd best 'keeper at the club.  If this is the case, I have no confidence in the management and coaching staff at the club.  

3. There has been a falling out at the club and Westwood is not liked.  In any other profession this would be absurd.  No one likes everyone they work with but you just get on with it.  If Westwood is being omitted because of a falling out, then this is childish and petulant and an insult to the fans who pay top dollar to apparently see top players.

9 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

So you believe Westwood feigned injury at a time when the club needed their senior players and this is okay? 

No it's a bad situation all round.

My point is that the current outcome for KW, doesn't look like it's anything to do with JOS, or based on keeping ability.