Westwood is 3rd choice - Official

5 hours ago, Quist said:

Agree but he was playing injured in previous two seasons according to himself.

A huge number of keepers have moved this summer, no interest in him at all why is this the situation? Its either because of injury or he is not considered good enough.

Its also our last chance to cash in on him and one of few positions we have real strength in depth.

Excellent second point couldn’t agree more, and if he is number 1 in the championship and possibly good enough for some premiership teams the size of his wage  is surely not considered. Football can be a cruel game but I’m afraid life goes on.How fortunate are we to have 2 and I saw the under 18 keeper, so 3 excellent keepers that have come through the club.

It's absolutely unforgivable at any level regardless how you look at it.

He is one of the best keepers in the bloody league and better than some in the premiership, I couldn't name 2 better keepers than him in the division let alone our squad.

If it is DC tell Jos not to play him for financial reasons then some honesty would be nice, after all the money the fans pay I think it's the least we can expect.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Last year folks  bemoaned not playing young players  at the expense of more experienced players.

Now we're bemoaning picking young players over more experienced players. 

*Who'd be a manager

*I'll save some folks typing the standard reply to the rhetorical question.

. "I'd be one paid huge money for doing nowt. etc etc etc"

I thought the issue was people feeling it better to develop a young player rather than persevere with a poor or even average one. I think if Westwood had gone and we’d banked some cash then people would move on. To have him still at the club and now third choice is weird and frankly something we may well regret later. Many people (I’ll include myself) see him as our best keeper.

Obviously, we can all speculate as to why he’s not getting picked and that doesn’t help either. 

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I thought the issue was people feeling it better to develop a young player rather than persevere with a poor or even average one. I think if Westwood had gone and we’d banked some cash then people would move on. To have him still at the club and now third choice is weird and frankly something we may well regret later. Many people (I’ll include myself) see him as our best keeper.

Obviously, we can all speculate as to why he’s not getting picked and that doesn’t help either. 

Like I said earlier. 2 years ago the best keeper in the division.  Unquestionably.  

But I haven't seen him play for 7 months.

Don't know whether he looks sharp. Dont know whether be looks rusty in training. Has hang over from the injury. 

Clearly the problem was a big one. The physios were on the pitch a lot before be was put last season. And he didn't look himself. He's been training again,  but is he at the same level he was?

Suspect no one  on here genuinly  knows. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Like I said earlier. 2 years ago the best keeper in the division.  Unquestionably.  

But I haven't seen him play for 7 months.

Don't know whether he looks sharp. Dont know whether be looks rusty in training. Has hang over from the injury. 

Clearly the problem was a big one. The physios were on the pitch a lot before be was put last season. And he didn't look himself. He's been training again,  but is he at the same level he was?

Suspect no one  on here genuinly  knows. 

No but I suppose no one will either as they're not going to even give him a chance.

If he is lacking match sharpness or whatever then jos should just say it, don't give us ambiguous crap to speculate over.

The lack of transparency and clarity from the club these past few years is really getting on my wick. If they force Westwood out of the club under a dark cloud, I for one won't be too eager to dish out forgiveness.

The way this, among many other things, has been handled has been nothing short of a joke. The club needs to pull itself together and get a grip or things like this are going to pull the club further into the mire before it ever gets close to pulling itself out.

Signing dross is one thing, but severing ties with quality loyal players already embedded into the club is unforgivable and it truly saddens me to see things end this way.

9 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

No but I suppose no one will either as they're not going to even give him a chance.

If he is lacking match sharpness or whatever then jos should just say it, don't give us ambiguous crap to speculate over.

The lack of transparency and clarity from the club these past few years is really getting on my wick. If they force Westwood out of the club under a dark cloud, I for one won't be too eager to dish out forgiveness.

The way this, among many other things, has been handled has been nothing short of a joke. The club needs to pull itself together and get a grip or things like this are going to pull the club further into the mire before it ever gets close to pulling itself out.

Signing dross is one thing, but severing ties with quality loyal players already embedded into the club is unforgivable and it truly saddens me to see things end this way.

I remember being absolutely  outraged when we sold Hirst (D).

Long serving legend. If I'd seen the manager in the street I'd have stove him.

Best striker at the club  - IMO - at the time. 

Manager didn't agree. Sold him for  £2m.

30 games later he was retired.

Jos could come out and give us the clarity we want. 

"It's the money really. We can't afford him" or maybe "We don't want him injured as we need to offload him" or even "He's not the player he was"

Either way it puts off potential suitors.

Or at minimum has them making derisory offers. 

Sometimes - Not all the time, but sometimes -  maybe managers say things to try and get the best for the club. 

As you say. We just don't know.

10 hours ago, kristmace said:

I'm not buying it at all. He lied about him being injured and KW called him out in it. 

If he was 3rd choice he would have been there today in the pre-match warm up. He wasn't. Another lie to cover for the mess upstairs. 

You mean when they both said that Westwood had missed training?

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I remember being absolutely  outraged when we sold Hirst (D).

Long serving legend. If I'd seen the manager in the street I'd have stove him.

Best striker at the club  - IMO - at the time. 

Manager didn't agree. Sold him for  £2m.

30 games later he was retired.

Jos could come out and give us the clarity we want. 

"It's the money really. We can't afford him" or maybe "We don't want him injured as we need to offload him" or even "He's not the player he was"

Either way it puts off potential suitors.

Or at minimum has them making derisory offers. 

Sometimes - Not all the time, but sometimes -  maybe managers say things to try and get the best for the club. 

As you say. We just don't know.

Swimming against the tide on this thread but for what it’s eorth from first to last post you’ve made I think you’ve been spot on! 

Manager says he’s thinking of future, so let’s stop looking to the past or even the present. If there’s no way in hell that Westwood is here next term, why would we play him. It sacrifices a year of top level development to one of the young lads and for what? We won’t be pushing for promotion regardless of who’s in goal. 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Swimming against the tide on this thread but for what it’s eorth from first to last post you’ve made I think you’ve been spot on! 

Manager says he’s thinking of future, so let’s stop looking to the past or even the present. If there’s no way in hell that Westwood is here next term, why would we play him. It sacrifices a year of top level development to one of the young lads and for what? We won’t be pushing for promotion regardless of who’s in goal. 

Agree, but why is he still here? If he is still here on September 1 is it because no one would take him at any price, or because the club/chairman isn't willing to cut their losses. It would make sense to let another club take him for no transfer or loan fee wouldn't it, to get the wages off our books. Unless there really is no interest even at that price

54 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Westwood is as important as Forestieri to our hopes of catching the top six, it absolutely bizarre that neither the manager nor chairman can see that. Wildsmith or Dawson should be the one(s) going out on loan. 

Whats bizarre is you thinking we’ll have a chance catching the top 6

im more concerned by the bottom 6

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolutely disgraceful decision. Westwood is so much better than the young lads it’s untrue.  I was fine with leaving him out if he was leaving but this is a joke of a decision.  Jos has lost the plot!!

Jos has lost the plot????

How many times does this need saying; to sink in with our fans.

ITS NOWT TO DO WITH JOS. WESTWOOD & THE CLUB FELL OUT IN JAN. PLENTY THAT KNEW THIS SAID THAT KW WOULDN'T PLAY FOR SWFC AGAIN. AND HE HASN'T. ITS NOWT TO DO WITH JOS & SELECTION.