Westwood is 3rd choice - Official

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

Good question. He certainly isn't there on matchdays. 

I've seen him a few times on match days since he has been out of the side.

3 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Last season when he was injured, yes.

This season since he's been frozen out, I don't know anyone who's seen him. 

So 1 home game then?

6 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Plus friendlies. If he's actually 3rd choice he'd be at all the games warming up with the others. 

Perhaps he should have played more than 45 minutes in the friendlies if the manager is of the opinion that he hasn't seen enough of him in action? I didn't see Jake Kean warming up every week when he was 3rd choice keeper, just the 2 goalies in the squad and the GK coach. Maybe he has been at the ground? Or maybe he is not actually 3rd choice and has been frozen out?

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bust up
Selling him
End of

Let's move on as literally nothing's gonna change and Dawson and Wildsmith need our support now

Bust up

Selling him

....acting unprofessionally, fielding weakened side, ruining dressing room attitude and lying to fans in meantime

End of

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps he should have played more than 45 minutes in the friendlies if the manager is of the opinion that he hasn't seen enough of him in action? I didn't see Jake Kean warming up every week when he was 3rd choice keeper, just the 2 goalies in the squad and the GK coach.

There's always 3 keepers at a match.

Just now, kristmace said:

There's always 3 keepers at a match.

So have you seen that he isn't there - got there early enough for the warm ups etc in the 1 home game we have played? Or could it be that saying he is 3rd choice is just a figure of speech and he has been properly frozen out.

We will see on Thursday, Wildsmith will be in goal and Westwood should be on the bench if there is any intention of him being 3rd choice. 

10 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Mr Chansiri appears to immature with age, he is just like a petulant parent managing his lad’s side, yes I said managing, as Jos certainly isn’t. :Chansiri:

I agree with this 100%

Get ready for some stick off the happy clappers though who will require evidence of emails and transcripts and although this is a forum for debate will try and shout down anyone with an opinion different to theirs 

What does it say to the rest of the squad leaving Westwood out week in week out?

Someone at the club should've had the balls to say we were trying to ship him out, not this testicles about him actually being 3rd choice.

Leaving him out will be doing no good for the rest of the players' mentality imo. The confidence in the squad starts at the back, and no offence to Dawson because he's done a decent job, but Westwood needs to go back in net.

What is going on? 

He seems to be the only one who is dropping little bits out into the public domain on the frustration at the club at the moment

It sounds like a car crash behind the scenes at the moment - the players need to do some standing up against what’s going off ASAP 

People always say no player is bigger than the club etc etc - well this manager is going to ruin the club and words need to be said now rather than 10 games down the line 

On 13/08/2018 at 21:48, stevenbrookseyowl said:

I agree with this 100%

Get ready for some stick off the happy clappers though who will require evidence of emails and transcripts and although this is a forum for debate will try and shout down anyone with an opinion different to theirs 

If you prefer opinion over evidence then fair enough.  You win the argument everytime as you can say literally anything you wish.  But its not really debating.   

3 hours ago, Watson said:

If you prefer opinion over evidence then fair enough.  You win the argument everytime as you can say literally anything you wish.  But its not really debating.   

Mr Watson

I have never said that I prefer opinion over evidence - where is your evidence of this? :)

The fact is and you know this there is no evidence either way - none to prove that DC/KM are not meddling albeit plenty of strange happenings and mystery and none to say that they are because IMO people will be frozen out/lose their jobs if they speak out

BUT you are obviously entitled to your opinion - It just happens to be different to mine

1 minute ago, stevenbrookseyowl said:

Mr Watson

I have never said that I prefer opinion over evidence - where is your evidence of this? :)

The fact is and you know this there is no evidence either way - none to prove that DC/KM are not meddling albeit plenty of strange happenings and mystery and none to say that they are because IMO people will be frozen out/lose their jobs if they speak out

BUT you are obviously entitled to your opinion - It just happens to be different to mine

You called out fans for wanting evidence of emails and transcripts and accused them of shouting down anyone with a different opinion.

If there is no evidence either way then why debate it?

Debates are at their best when argued from evidence and not from assumptions and biases. All I want is for people to argue with what they know and not what they think they know.