Another pathetic manager

Guest Hillsborough Mole

How bad is it that we're £50m overdrawn and we are scratching around for a midfielder better than Pelepussy

28 minutes ago, Owl_80 said:

I expect we'll hold on to this run-of-the-mill manager like we always hold on to them until the season is dead or we're even worse relegated. :rolleyes:

We're not helped of course by the thousands of happy clapping Wednesdayites who will put up with anything no matter how bad it gets and back the manager with their dying breath.

A Wednesday manager has to almost commit murder to get the chop at our club.

Get rid now he's not up to it and never was. :angry:

Go to Mick McCarthy's house and beg him on our bended knees to be our manager.

He knows this league inside out, is a player motivator, uses good sensible tactics and can no doubt recognise a great goalkeeper when he sees one unlike the current incumbent.

Agree but I reckon MM would laugh in our face.

He's not going to put up with a chairman dictating like DC does with the current stooge we have ... Especially a chairman who actually knows the square root of fk all about football.

Jos has already sown the seed of assessing things after 10 games to give himself breathing room. 

What happens when we have about 5 points from those 10 games ... What then Jos? Reassess after 23 games to buy a bit more time?

Puppet employed by a clueless chairman

Jos has and obviously will make mistakes , no doubting that . He can’t really be blamed for this shambles though. The trust fund baby of a chairman and that utter oaf he had in charge previously made such a monumental wee wee tail up of everything , it will take years to sort. Pep, klopp, jos or Alan Irvine , whoever is in charge , it’s goimg to make very little difference 

43 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

It's not going to work for him. This job is to big for him. He's got no personality what's so ever, I actually turn the radio over when he's on.  I can't figure out what our game plan actually is. Not good enough I'm affraid. 

I think he's brilliant on the radio . he answers all the questions but in reality tell's em nothing …...

16 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Didn't go to many games last season then?

It was an improvement on a lot performances from last season, especially second half, we'll face better teams than Hull this season but we'll also face weaker, I didn't think they were too bad. 

We will play far worse at some stage this season and win.

Last season we were lucky to stop     up...Carlos the clown left us in a tight mess...remember too Sunderland and burton were adrift most of the season so we only had to worry about final relegation place... This season won’t be that easy ..lots of teams have good squads now....we look a

underconfident scared team already...

What Jos does have though, is the nucleus of the Wembley side, plus £25m worth of added “talent” Sure there are issues with balance that remain, but let’s not forget, Carlos got that same unbalanced squad to a second play off place 

Now Jos, with his renowned organisational skills, and a full pre season’s fitness training, will be expected to at least replicate that Not the start we wanted

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

For Fox? Thorniley, Reach, Boyd, Penney, Van Aken ...basically anyone

For Joey its not ideal but I would actually play Dave Jones in this formation, obviously Kieran Lee if fit

VA isnt a LWB. Reach was playing in midfield wasnt he? Boyd may not be fit. Penney isnt even in the first team squad. Dave jones and lee woukd be wasted in this position. The fact is its all we have until the financial issues are resolved.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What Jos does have though, is the nucleus of the Wembley side, plus £25m worth of added “talent” Sure there are issues with balance that remain, but let’s not forget, Carlos got that same unbalanced squad to a second play off place 

Now Jos, with his renowned organisational skills, and a full pre season’s fitness training, will be expected to at least replicate that Not the start we wanted

Carlos did yea. When lee was playing and hooper. We have also lost 2 CB's and our best rwb in that time. We may have additional 'talent' but its all in the wrong areas.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You make good points mate. However, Carlos had Westwood, Loovens and Hunt in his defence. Our current defensive line and system looks massively short of quality.  Hull could have been 3 up at half time. 

5 minutes ago, rawowl said:

First manager for years to give youth a chance and they don’t look like lost puppies.

Jos has done a fantastic job since he has been here.

of course they will be loads who don’t think this .  They never will.  Lol

Well said 

Owlstalk Shop

I have to admit I’m starting to have one or two reservations about Jos.

He stumbled upon a system that saw us end last season as one of the divisions form sides and then changes it for the start of this season.

I’ve been far from impressed with the fact that he’s made one of the best keepers in the division our third choice. He’s admitted he can play Westwood if he wants but has chosen not to.

Granted his hands have been tied in the transfer market but the one piece of business he was allowed to do and he brings in Joey Pelupessey who offers absolutely nothing.

I still can’t see why he experimented with Hutch in attacking midfield, that’s a really odd one.

Granted we are only two games in and the time to judge will be after a dozen or so games but for me the warning signs are there.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Carlos did yea. When lee was playing and hooper. We have also lost 2 CB's and our best rwb in that time. We may have additional 'talent' but its all in the wrong areas.

I don’t dispute that we’ve recruited in the wrong areas. However, post Wembley we needed to replace Loovens, so we can’t really bemoan his loss now Likewise, not sure that losing Hunt will have made much difference Injuries to Lee and Hooper are significant of course Basically, embargo, or no embargo, Jos has to get us up there challenging