Another pathetic manager

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Have we got past the "I'm not going again while he's in charge" lark yet? 

Some of our fans always manage to find a reason not to go, some are acceptable like with price of tickets whilst there's some come out with pathetic excuses of manager in charge, not going it's too cold, we're not playing in stripes or not going because Nuhiu is playing. 

Just now, bradowl said:

Some of our fans always manage to find a reason not to go, some are acceptable like with price of tickets whilst there's some come out with pathetic excuses of manager in charge, not going it's too cold, we're not playing in stripes or not going because Nuhiu is playing. 

So much focus and wasted energy on things like this

Owlstalk Shop

I'm wondering why Jos said he wasn't aware of the embargo when he is manager. He must have had a list of players that he wanted to bring in to improve the side during the summer so what has been said to him by the board regarding bringing his targets in? Does he think the current squad is good enough? And if so then he isnt a very good judge of player. Our hierarchy must think we came down with the last shower and are certainly weeing up our backs along with weeing up a wad of cash up the wall.

On 11/08/2018 at 17:02, @owlstalk said:

Joao is injured isn't he?

As we lose our top players for FFP are you going to just slate whichever poor sod has to deal with that and send a team out onto the pitch?

Unbelievable Jeff

45 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Why can’t you accept fans have othe things in their life it’s not a crime..my lad was playing cricket yday..I had a think about it..go to the match and pay 45 quid plus lots of booze...or just have lots of booze and watch my son playing cricket..I opted for the cricket..sorry if it offends you :picnic:..in fact no I’m not..I hope it does offend you and the rest of the cheap Charlie’s :carlos:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I'm wondering why Jos said he wasn't aware of the embargo when he is manager. He must have had a list of players that he wanted to bring in to improve the side during the summer so what has been said to him by the board regarding bringing his targets in? Does he think the current squad is good enough? And if so then he isnt a very good judge of player. Our hierarchy must think we came down with the last shower and are certainly weeing up our backs along with weeing up a wad of cash up the wall.

I think it's highly within the realms of possibility that Jos was told we'd be under embargo by the summer when he took the job. 

All Credit to Jos for taking on such a difficult situation. He turned around a highly toxic situation and finished the season strongly. 

We seem to have short memories regarding the financial catastrophe which brought our club out of the Premier League and nearly into division four. 

I've got every confidence Jos and Mr C will take us back to the Premier League 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

I think it's highly within the realms of possibility that Jos was told we'd be under embargo by the summer when he took the job. 

All Credit to Jos for taking on such a difficult situation. He turned around a highly toxic situation and finished the season strongly. 

We seem to have short memories regarding the financial catastrophe which brought our club out of the Premier League and nearly into division four. 

I've got every confidence Jos and Mr C will take us back to the Premier League 

Bloody hell what have you been drinking?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The point was quite simple really For the first game of the season, he had the same forward line available, that did so well against Norwich. He chose to field just Nuhiu and Forestieri Even for the home game on Saturday, he still decided against a three up front He’s too cautious

Perhaps he didnt want to play 3 up front away at wigan. You referred to him taking fletch off this weekend. Thats because he isnt fit. Should he have left him on? I doubt Matias is fit for 90 mins either. You know best i guess.

Guest Maxine

I feel sorry for Jos, he hasn't exactly got a lot to work with has he. His hands are tied at the moment and we don't no what he's been told he can and can't do. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I think Joss is just happy to be working again at a decent level after 18 months unemployed.

I'd like to know who decided he was the man for this job ?

I just do not think he has what it takes to be successful in the championship regardless of our off field problems BUT i hope to be proven wrong

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

As I keep saying. In the 20 league game Luhukay was in charge last season, he got 3 points more than McCarthy did at Ipswich despite an incredible injury situation and a team that was getting accustomed to losing. And loads of their fans wanted rid of him for many of the same reasons being put forward for our manager.

"“The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Good reply but in McCarthy's defence he was at a club that he was sick to the teeth of and the fans sick of him, I think with a new challenge like the Wednesday job he'd be really up for a go at getting this great club promotion. 

He's a proven manager at this level and I'd have him tomorrow over Jos Luhukay.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Watto said:

I think Joss is just happy to be working again at a decent level after 18 months unemployed.

I just do not think he has what it takes to be successful in the championship regardless of our off field problems BUT i hope to be proven wrong

I was just thinking this earlier today who suggested this current guy for the Wednesday job?, too many faceless and nameless people at this club getting away with murder. 

4 minutes ago, Owl_80 said:

I was just thinking this earlier today who suggested this current guy for the Wednesday job?, too many faceless and nameless people at this club getting away with murder. 

I could be wrong but I think Charlton hired a few unusual foreign managers during Meire’s time there. 

29 minutes ago, Watto said:

I'd suggest Katrien was behind his appointment as there is some previous link there apparently. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Charlton got through a fair few managers while she was at Charlton

I'd be amazed if Jos makes the end of September