Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 1 Hull (sort of OMDT)

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

DC really needs to sort out this FFP crap because we are desperate for some loan signings. Fox starting makes me want to cry. 

It’s not just the lack of players coming in it’s also the inability to play some of the ones who are already here.

Jos signalled his intention to develop youth at the end of last season. He's had a look at our 'established' players and obviously wants to use this season to develop our youth players.

Ok, it's not an especially strong team but it would be nice to see some energy and should have enough to compete with Hull.

If we commit to 343 and develop a high energy game, forward thinking, even without our bigger names then I can get behind that.

I don't want to see 5 at the back through, want to see some movement and high pressing.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Jos signalled his intention to develop youth at the end of last season. He's had a look at our 'established' players and obviously wants to use this season to develop our youth players.

Ok, it's not an especially strong team but it would be nice to see some energy and should have enough to compete with Hull.

If we commit to 343 and develop a high energy game, forward thinking, even without our bigger names then I can get behind that.

I don't want to see 5 at the back through, want to see some movement and high pressing.

I’m all for developing the younger players, in a years time that’s all we might have left.

But

I thought the plan was to keep the quality players this season & go for it?

Gobsmacked that people are still going on about Westwood. We all should know he won’t play for Wednesday again. He’s been totally frozen out and even if he doesn’t go out on loan, he won’t fearure. He’s not been down at Middlewood for over 2 weeks. 

I think Jos has totally dropped Palmer and Van Aken. If he’s that ruthless then Joey is the luckiest guy on the planet as I’ve not seen him have a good game for us. I’m hoping Joao has a slight injury and has not been risked as he looked very good when he came on last week. 

Good opporunity for some young lads to step up and stake a claim. I’d say, let’s get behind them and hopefully we can find a gem.

Great news about Fox. We look much more solid with him in the side, and probably the most complete fullback at the club.

Happy that Westwood is being frozen out as well. When we do well, we have always had at least one player mysteriously sat at home on massive wages. It's the Wednesday way. The main thing is we have learnt from the mistakes that got us in this financial mess.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Gobsmacked that people are still going on about Westwood. We all should know he won’t play for Wednesday again. He’s been totally frozen out and even if he doesn’t go out on loan, he won’t fearure. He’s not been down at Middlewood for over 2 weeks. 

I think Jos has totally dropped Palmer and Van Aken. If he’s that ruthless then Joey is the luckiest guy on the planet as I’ve not seen him have a good game for us. I’m hoping Joao has a slight injury and has not been risked as he looked very good when he came on last week. 

Good opporunity for some young lads to step up and stake a claim. I’d say, let’s get behind them and hopefully we can find a gem.

Possibly because Joey is Jos’s signing. 

43 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No Westwood again is a senseless decision. Whoever is making that decision imo is clueless 

Indeed. First of all the manager says Westwood is injured and then Westwood says he's never been fitter. Is it any wonder nobody wants him. And there is the problem of his wages. 

For goodness sake play him. As you say, whi is making the decisions because they aren't being made in Wednesdays best interests. 

Why can't the manager pick his best players. It's a repeat of last season and the Hirst fiasco 

18 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Suspect ‘people are still going on about Westwood’ because they keep seeing posts like this with not the slightest hint as to why. Hardly surprising that people are confused.

(Not any critique of you, btw!)

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, A12owl said:

Just listening to Jos's interview on ifollow. He seems to know nothing about anything other than the players he has and picking a team and tactics.

Knows nothing about finances,nothing about transfers, nothing about injuries, nothing about embargo.

How can he manage without the knowledge of what's going on at the club.

He's not a manager he's a coach. Stooge

Bizarre situation.

Apologies for defacing your post mate lol

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Suspect ‘people are still going on about Westwood’ because they keep seeing posts like this with not the slightest hint as to why. Hardly surprising that people are confused.

(Not any critique of you, btw!)

No worries mate.

Its just quite obvious that the decision has been made and that is that. We won’t see him again in a Wednesday shirt regardless if he leaves on loan or stays.

I am a massive fan of Westwood and he would be my number 1 without doubt. You need experience in the goal.

Huge pressure on Dawson being the number 1. Big difference coming into the side in cup games and injuries and being number 1. I wish the young lads well and hope they stand up to the plate.