Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 1 Hull (sort of OMDT)

Match facts

• Sheffield Wednesday have won just two of their last 11 home matches against Hull in all competitions (D5 L4).
  • Hull have never beaten Sheffield Wednesday in the month of August (P5 W0 D3 L2).
  • Sheffield Wednesday have lost each of their last nine Championship games when conceding first, including their opening league match against Wigan.
  • Nigel Adkins has ended on the losing side in each of his last four Championship matches against Sheffield Wednesday (three defeats with Reading, one with Hull).
  • Sheffield Wednesday forward Fernando Forestieri has been involved in 10 goals in his last 14 Championship starts (8 goals, 2 assists).
  • Hull have not lost their opening two league matches of a season since 2009-10, a campaign in which they were relegated from the Premier League. Like
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

My mate who has been down at Middlewood Road who confirmed Westwood is not involved yesterday has just said that Joao is not playing. 

Also, David Hirst was down there watching the under 18’s - can you believe it?

Might be scouting

1 hour ago, LennonOwl said:

Team is

Dawson

Baker

Hutch

Lees

Pudil

Fox

Reach

Bannan

Pelupessy

FF

Fletch

Joao touch and go for the bench made mainly of U23 players

Sounds credible, but I wish we'd drop this 5 at the back. We don't have anyone who is a wingback 

A very good afternoon to you all, especially mi’lud, who I hope will swiftly bounce back from the many unexpected repercussions of last week’s defeat - I too was rather inconsolable, but committing myself to long-term dietary deprivation was a little too far for me.

Anyway, if my journey is anything to go by we’re going to get battered - broken ticket machines, overcrowded trains, delays, missed connections, the lot. By some divinely ordained miracle I’ve made it anyway.

I must say I travel without much hope or expectation, or even trepidation for that matter, it’s all rather flat at the moment isn’t it? I was chatting to a Hull City fan yesterday and before long the conversation had devolved into a competition as to who was feeling more despondent, both about today’s game and the clubs’ long-term prospects. 

Regardless, the thing about actual football (meaning the stuff played between 22 players on a pitch, not the competition for positive punditry about transfer dealings which most clubs and fans seem to place more importance on these days) is that for 90 minutes, I’m obligated to forget all the background noise and roar on the boys to a famous victory. And we may even see one today - much as I left Lancashire last week severely displeased with our performance, having watched Hull fall apart in the last half hour of Monday’s game I’m feeling rather better about our chances today.

We may have our deficiencies, but I fancy that Hull’s are greater just now and that our superior attacking force should be enough to see us through. If it isn’t, all the off-field stuff will come flooding back and I’ll see you all on here for a good moan afterwards. If we do indeed win, I’ll still see you all on here for a good game of Adkins-excuse-bingo. Don’t lie, you’ve missed it :stuwinky:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 2-0 Hull 

(Bannan 25, Fletcher 79)

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Anyway, if my journey is anything to go by we’re going to get battered - broken ticket machines, overcrowded trains, delays, missed connections, the lot. By some divinely ordained miracle I’ve made it anyway.

image.png.9decaad5122a96fe852c1b18126a04f7.png