Almen ad thi pants down

14 hours ago, East coast owl said:

Injured again!!!!! Has there ever been any other wednesday player who was such a crock. I wonder Is he gutted he hasn’t played, or happy to cash a wage.. he should give a percentage of his wages back. He isn’t doing a job he’s paid to do.. players get injured.. how can 1 player get so many different injuries.. anyone know wot the latest injury is.. he may aswell retire

Always

Bloody

Deliberately

Injured

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I agree, I'd have liked to have seen Lopez stay. He really grew as the season went on and he got used to the rough and tumble of the English game. I thought his use of the ball at the base of midfield was excellent. (Also stopped the likes of Bannan having to drop 30 yards to collect it) .

The McGugan one I don't think we'll evere get to the bottom of. 

Where is he now by the way , haven't heard anything about him for ages?

All very bizarre.

I ideas m'lud, and can't think of a suitable quip that isn't derogatory.

Back to happier times, that midfield performance away at a good Derby side in CC's first season - had me believing.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I ideas m'lud, and can't think of a suitable quip that isn't derogatory.

Back to happier times, that midfield performance away at a good Derby side in CC's first season - had me believing.

Dont feel down Tibbs, the blighter Carvalhal had us all believing, until that first spot of rain came in and streaked the grease paint and revealed an imposter!

14 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

I haven't the time to look into dates of transfers, but is it possible that we signed Abdi as a sweetener in the other transfers of Pudil and Forestieri?  A Doyen masterstroke? 

I'm probably way off, but thought I'd put it out there. 

Why not...this site needs it's daily dose of conspiracy theories in the absence of facts.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dont feel down Tibbs, the blighter Carvalhal had us all believing, until that first spot of rain came in and streaked the grease paint and revealed an imposter!

Feeling down about the owls is a default position, however only been going since 1973.

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's relative isn't it.

There will be kids in sweatshops in Cambodia earning in a year  what you earn in a week thinking "Wish I was working 40 hours a week for £30m year would be heaven. Forgive for not having sympathy" etc etc. 

I think a lot of it depends on the personality of the individual. 

Only need to see how many top sportsmen go totally off the rails and sink into depression when they can no longer play. Despite earning fortunes. 

Money doesn't buy happiness is is a cheesy cliche.

But there's some truth in. 

Sorry but that's (the Cambodia thing) totally different and makes no sense to this debate. 

35 minutes ago, poite said:

Sorry but that's (the Cambodia thing) totally different and makes no sense to this debate. 

Doesn't it?

Comparisons.

Like when you compared Abdi's wage as a footballer to your wages and the hours your work.

That would also make no sense to the debate. Unless you're a footballer but on less money than him?

23 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Who is this Abdi you are speaking about ? 

He is a Jedi warrior, a mythical figure of legend. Whether or not he truly exists is uncertain.

May the Farce be with you!

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2018 at 19:45, james o connor said:

I got panned for slagging him off a couple of weeks ago,  but he would have known he was finished when he was signed. Massive waste of space , just do the decent thing and fornicate off

It wasn't just him that knew he was crocked. So did Doyen Sport when they convinced him to sign him. We were always the cash cow to get another contract for him.

46 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

It wasn't just him that knew he was crocked. So did Doyen Sport when they convinced him to sign him. We were always the cash cow to get another contract for him.

Come on LLP get real!

So you (and others) are saying that he knew his career was finished as did Doyen and a host of others, so we signed him anyway off the back of him just having successfully competed in the Premier League the previous season. That is just about the wildest conspiracy theory I've ever heard on here!

Not a Flat-Earther by any chance are you? lol

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Doesn't it?

Comparisons.

Like when you compared Abdi's wage as a footballer to your wages and the hours your work.

That would also make no sense to the debate. Unless you're a footballer but on less money than him?

The purpose of my comment is not to directly compare my salary to his though. That's not really the point. I'm responding to the idea that 'being an injured footballer is hard cos You have to go to the gym and attend physio sessions etc".

I'm saying it isn't hard getting paid 30k a week to go to the gym and visit a physio a few times a week. I'd rather be doing that (because it isn't hard) than doing my job of 40hrs a week for 30k a year. So that's why i don't feel sorry for him.

Of course there's always people worse off than me. A lot of people would probably say theyd rather be doing my 40hrs a week for 30k than their 45hrs a week for 25k. But like I say, I'm not making a point to directly compare salaries. Its about the idea that we should somewhat sympathise with him cos it's 'tough' being an injured footballer.

6 minutes ago, poite said:

The purpose of my comment is not to directly compare my salary to his though. That's not really the point. I'm responding to the idea that 'being an injured footballer is hard cos You have to go to the gym and attend physio sessions etc".

I'm saying it isn't hard getting paid 30k a week to go to the gym and visit a physio a few times a week. I'd rather be doing that (because it isn't hard) than doing my job of 40hrs a week for 30k a year. So that's why i don't feel sorry for him.

Of course there's always people worse off than me. A lot of people would probably say theyd rather be doing my 40hrs a week for 30k than their 45hrs a week for 25k. But like I say, I'm not making a point to directly compare salaries. Its about the idea that we should somewhat sympathise with him cos it's 'tough' being an injured footballer.

I understand where you're coming from.  I don't expect many people are feeling sorry for him as such.  Especially people who have their noses to the grindstone. 

Having to do a job you might not enjoy (not saying you. Just a general point) must be awful. 

But equally having a brilliant job, that you love...but not being able to do it must be (if you take the wage out) just as frustrating. 

Like telling chubby TV cook James Martin he can  carry on being a chef...but he can never use butter again. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I understand where you're coming from.  I don't expect many people are feeling sorry for him as such.  Especially people who have their noses to the grindstone. 

Having to do a job you might not enjoy (not saying you. Just a general point) must be awful. 

But equally having a brilliant job, that you love...but not being able to do it must be (if you take the wage out) just as frustrating. 

Like telling chubby TV cook James Martin he can  carry on being a chef...but he can never use butter again. 

lol

On 09/08/2018 at 19:45, danny0wl said:

Nailed on that he has a run of games just before his contract is up and we renew it. And is injured again within a month.

As if there are ANY circumstances that we would remotely consider a renewal.