Almen ad thi pants down

16 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Hamstring i believe. Hasn't trained for three week. Next week its a dislocated boot lace. FFS

Was that from dancing at his brothers wedding last week.. he trains pre season then nothing. Injury after injury. Thought players were insured 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I got panned for slagging him off a couple of weeks ago,  but he would have known he was finished when he was signed. Massive waste of space , just do the decent thing and fornicate off

I know it's a well used stat, but 32 PL appearances in the season before he joined us - majority of his pre season completed seemingly without issue at Watford, play a the tail end of pre season with us and looks a player. Then it all just falls off the table.

Bizarre.

1 hour ago, trev said:

We will look back and laugh at this eventually.

Almen Abdi has managed to secure himself legendary status as an owls player.

He shall be the yardstick all injury prone players are measured against for the next 50 years.

Fair play that takes some doing.

He’s worse that David Graham, Steve Adams, etc. 

Who was that that player from about 10 years ago and you couldn’t get him on the pitch for all the tea in China? My memory is going? 

11 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Whoever decided we should sign him wants fu king with a melon covered in Ralgex.  He's started 127 games in 9 years, that's on average 14 games per season.  He'd never commanded a transfer fee until we paid Watford 3 million pounds, I bet their chairman is till pi ssing himself laughing now.  We have made some truly shocking signings over the years but this takes some beating.

He was a monumental mistake.He was signed supposedly to bring steel and guile to the midfield.His agent is a genius.He must have paid the Watford fans who were moaning on social media about his departure. This is where we had our pants pulled down. Yet can he still do a job, does he feel guilty?Who knows? Who can remember the last time he played .?

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Wim Jonk v2.0

I was just thinking the same , then  I checked Wim Jonk 70 games in 2 years , Almen Abdi 16 games in 2 years , I always thought Jonk was one of the worst injury prone players ever, Almen record just takes the Pi$$.

2 minutes ago, saywended said:

I was just thinking the same , then  I checked Wim Jonk 70 games in 2 years , Almen Abdi 16 games in 2 years , I always thought Jonk was one of the worst injury prone players ever, Almen record just takes the Pi$$.

Yeah, I must admit after posting it I started thinking about it and Jonk did play a fair bit.  He did develop something of a (possibly) unfair reputation though.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

c. 900 minutes of league football. He joined us at the end of July 2016... for sake of argument we'll say Thursday 26th July. 106 weeks ago today. 

Assume wages of £25k (Assume more, but I'm being generous), that's £2.65 million he's earned at this football club. Or putting it another way, £2944 for every minute he's been on a football pitch in a Wednesday shirt. And that's being conservative with his wage estimates. 

Or, to put it another way... our Kop holds 11,200. In reality it won't be full Saturday, so I want you to imagine looking out at it and seeing c.10,000 people there. Imagine half of those people have a full-priced adult season ticket. Those 5,000 people each paying over £500 have paid for the wages Abdi has taken from this club so far into his contract. For about 10 full games' worth of footie. In two years.

He isn't getting a break from me. I'm sure he won't care though. 

You weren't far off.

He signed for us on 28th.

2 hours ago, East coast owl said:

Injured again!!!!! Has there ever been any other wednesday player who was such a crock. I wonder Is he gutted he hasn’t played, or happy to cash a wage.. he should give a percentage of his wages back. He isn’t doing a job he’s paid to do.. players get injured.. how can 1 player get so many different injuries.. anyone know wot the latest injury is.. he may aswell retire

Yep he's done it all on purpose - he hates the game :ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Wish I was paid X amount for sitting on my arris. Best job in the world" etc etc.

He has proved a bad signing and a terrible waste of money.

And I might stand alone here...but being an injured footballer must be awful .

Yes, there's the money softening the blow.

But imagine having the best job in the world. A job that millions of people up and down the country actually pay subs to do.  and not being able to do it.

Spending hour after hour sat on physio tables, going for scans, sat in the gym on a bycicle going nowhere while the other lads are out on the preactise pitch smashing a ball about.

Saturday afternoon. Match day. Swimming in the morning. Shopping with her indoors in the afternoon. Weights. Another physio session.

Urrgh. 

Sounds like hell to me.

Exactly this, some fans dont seem to be able to think rationally about anything - just jump on the bandwagon to "impress" their friends.

He's obviously been a bad signing for us but do they really think he wouldn't rather be playing?

There's injury prone players, there's crocks and sicknotes. Then there's Almen flipping Abdi. This guy takes it to a whole new level.

im convinced this sort of stuff could only happen to us, I really am. Was really excited when we signed him, was patient over his injuries always looking forward to seeing the proper Abdi in a Wednesday shirt. But now just the mention of his name and his latest injury annoys me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Yeah, I must admit after posting it I started thinking about it and Jonk did play a fair bit.  He did develop something of a (possibly) unfair reputation though.

He got the reputation because 70 games in 2 years became 70 games in 3 years.......a full season injured although allegedly not badly enough to stop him playing in shed loads of testimonials around the world 

1 hour ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Yes, of course he chooses to be injured, nice one Owlstalk hivemind

On the rare occasion I’ve seen him on the pitch he looks like he doesn’t want to be there...can’t stand him he retired when he signed for us..but not offiacally..so we have to pay him..surely if he is an employee we can ask him to clean the bogs..with a toothbrush..if he refuses..hey presto ..terminate his contract :carlos:

I had a huge debate a few weeks ago about this. I still stand by my view that a person like abdi shouldn't be entitled to a full wage. His injuries are not the result of playing games. If he got his leg snapped by terrible tackle or something like that I'd understand that it's not his fault and hes simply an unfortunate victim of the game.

However abdi just simply has a body that can't cope with physical activity. Not his fault but its the bare bones requirement for anyone who has a career as a sports person. 

Abdi is like a used car you have just bought that breaks down during every journey resulting in you having to find an alternative form of transport. 

Genuinely can't wait until his and Matias contracts are up. I hope they both enjoy their retirement cos I can't see how any club could ever see sense in signing them

Edited by poite

39 minutes ago, saywended said:

Let me me add tho that it's 16 appearances since 2016. Many of those aren't full games. Some are just the last 10 mins.

Marco Matias: 28 appearances since 2015. Utter joke. 

"Wish I was paid X amount for sitting on my arris. Best job in the world" etc etc.

But imagine having the best job in the world. A job that millions of people up and down the country actually pay subs to do.  and not being able to do it.

Spending hour after hour sat on physio tables, going for scans, sat in the gym on a bycicle going nowhere while the other lads are out on the preactise pitch smashing a ball about.

Saturday afternoon. Match day. Swimming in the morning. Shopping with her indoors in the afternoon. Weights. Another physio session.

Urrgh. 

Sounds like hell to me.

I agree with you that being a  injured footballer must be pretty rubbish and your reasoning is sound. 

But I'm sorry, 30k a week for doing what you have described is something that i think I might be ok with compared to my job earning that every 12 months working 40hour weeks.

Edited by poite

Urrgh. 

Sounds like hell to me.

I see where you’re coming from but I can’t feel sorry for him and I honestly wish he had been a success I certainly wanted him to be ...

i know it’s a different analogy but I know people who have lost limbs and more serving our country or suffering  psychological effects and they earn in a year what he earns in a week (roughly) 

they know what hell is .........

1 minute ago, poite said:

I had a huge debate a few weeks ago about this. I still stand by my view that a person like abdi shouldn't be entitled to a full wage. His injuries are not the result of playing games. If he got his leg snapped by terrible tackle or something like that I'd understand that it's not his fault and hes simply an unfortunate victim of the game.

However abdi just simply has a body that can't cope with physical activity. Not his fault but its the bare bones requirement for anyone who has a career as a sports person. 

Abdi is like a used car you have just bought that breaks down during every journey resulting in you having to find an alternative form of transport. 

Genuinely can't wait until his and Matias contracts are up. I hope they both enjoy their retirement cos I can't see how any club could ever see sense in signing them

Why do you want them to enjoy their retirement???..I hope they invest their ‘hard earned’ money in a fake Portuguese mountain development or summat..and they lose the lot..and I hope cc invests in it n all