Fessi , Bannan Reach and Lees.

I thought Fessi would leave and we'd cash in for around 10mil to greatly help our finances. Wouldn't that have been beneficial and then bring in a player or two who Jos wanted? As much as I love Fessi I don't think this team is promotion contending so felt now was the time to move him on.

Just get the feeling we are in a no win situation . sell our crown jewels and we will be fighting a relegaion battle this season, but keep them and we lose valuable money that will get the EFL off our backs and get out of this Embargo .

Damned if you do , damned if you dont. 

Despite the problems off the pitch, the loss in the first game and the general cloud overhead I must say that the players seem in good spirits.

Seem to be relaxed and enjoying themselves. 

I'm a firm believer that relaxed players will get more good results over a season than tense ones.

*waits for first "I'd be in good spirits an all if I were  paid £80k pw for not doing owt" etc etc:dry:

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Just get the feeling we are in a no win situation . sell our crown jewels and we will be fighting a relegaion battle this season, but keep them and we lose valuable money that will get the EFL off our backs and get out of this Embargo .

Damned if you do , damned if you dont. 

Ever the optomist S36, but in keeping them, thus far, things might just click for us. Keep them fit, start picking up results and come January, we may well be in a good position.

That said, your post is absolutely spot on, but I would rather we keep them if able to and secure our status this season.

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

A lot on here starting to sound like Pochettino for keeping the band together. Thing is, they can play a tune well enough for prem top 4 and champions league. Our songs are mid-table cover versions fit for a pub talent contests. 

Fuckoff if you can't be positive after a very good day at the office for a change.

Very disrespectful towards the best of what we have right now and some of their outstanding recent contributions.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Despite the problems off the pitch, the loss in the first game and the general cloud overhead I must say that the players seem in good spirits.

I'm a firm believer that relaxed players will get more good results over a season than tense ones.

*waits for first "I'd be in good spirits an all if I were  paid £80k pw for not doing owt" etc etc:dry:

Hell Snoots I'd even be in good spirits for a measly $30k a week! lol

• Haha 2

Nobody wanted them and/or would pay them the same very high wages they are on at Hillsborough. Let's face it who in their right mind would pay bannen over 40 grand a week? Of course we pay him that amount. What does that say for our state of mind? 

We've ruined forestieri and Westwood is aging. 

Another significant factor is that other clubs aren't as stupid as we are. 

We are paying wages that are at least double the going rate for every player in our squad. 

I did say that players like bannen would not be sold due to wages. He can get paid more in a year at Hillsborough than he'd get in maybe three years elsewhere. 

It's a free ride at Hillsborough. The players clearly don't train much and can't get away with not trying. 

It's easy money. 

The bottom line is that no-one wants our players. Who can blame them? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Nobody wanted them and/or would pay them the same very high wages they are on at Hillsborough. Let's face it who in their right mind would pay bannen over 40 grand a week? Of course we pay him that amount. What does that say for our state of mind? 

We've ruined forestieri and Westwood is aging. 

Another significant factor is that other clubs aren't as stupid as we are. 

We are paying wages that are at least double the going rate for every player in our squad. 

I did say that players like bannen would not be sold due to wages. He can get paid more in a year at Hillsborough than he'd get in maybe three years elsewhere. 

It's a free ride at Hillsborough. The players clearly don't train much and can't get away with not trying. 

It's easy money. 

The bottom line is that no-one wants our players. Who can blame them? 

You use the word “stupid” like you’re used to hearing it regularly!

• Haha 6

Guest wilyfox
9 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Prior to last season we was top six and not much has changed since then. 

Apart from the manager, lack of consistency, formation that doesn't suit, alienated goalkeeper, squad depth, and the embargo..

:carlosswfc:

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Fuckoff if you can't be positive after a very good day at the office for a change.

Very disrespectful towards the best of what we have right now and some of their outstanding recent contributions.

We've not had a good day at the office since being embargoed in April, so fuckoff yourself. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Apart from the manager, lack of consistency, formation that doesn't suit, alienated goalkeeper, squad depth, and the embargo..

:carlosswfc:

We've not had a good day at the office since being embargoed in April, so fuckoff yourself. 

Feyt!

13 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

spurs- la chambre

swfc- bus stop and a 4 pack of special brew :goalie:

Ha ha. Not everything is that rosy. You can't catch a dose from a bus stop and a 4 pack, can you.:picnic:

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Considering the fact we're under an embargo, I find it remarkable that we've been able to hold on to them

Its probably indicative on how much Wednesday are paying them. Maybe that no other club  could match their wages if Wednesday were trying to off load.. What is also hard to believe is that the likes of Rhodes, Hunt, Wallace, Loovens etc are off the payroll yet, we are still running foul (as I understand) with the FFP and the embargo. We must have breached it by some margin.

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You're assuming that all off us are under a cloud. I am extremely optimistic for this season. We have a very talented squad. Clearly the players feel confident or they wouldn't be so relaxed.

13 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

A bit harsh. I suspect our points tally with those four in the team would be at least play off average. Someone on here will know. 

How did last week go again?