Fessi , Bannan Reach and Lees.

The deadline has passed and all four are still Wednesday players, so today has gone as well as could be expected . Now we just have to hope they are still here come the 31st when the loan window closes. 

This season is going to be difficult enough as it is without any team strengthening this summer ,but to lose one or more of these to help with P&S would make our task even harder. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The deadline has passed and all four are still Wednesday players, so today has gone as well as could be expected . Now we just have to hope they are still here come the 31st when the loan window closes. 

This season is going to be difficult enough as it is without any team strengthening this summer ,but to lose one or more of these to help with P&S would make our task even harder. 

deffo

Guest wilyfox

A lot on here starting to sound like Pochettino for keeping the band together. Thing is, they can play a tune well enough for prem top 4 and champions league. Our songs are mid-table cover versions fit for a pub talent contests. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

A lot on here starting to sound like Pochettino for keeping the band together. Thing is, they can play a tune well enough for prem top 4 and champions league. Our songs are mid-table cover versions fit for a pub talent contests. 

A bit harsh. I suspect our points tally with those four in the team would be at least play off average. Someone on here will know. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

spurs- la chambre

swfc- bus stop and a 4 pack of special brew :goalie:

I'm not sure any of them would get a huge pay rise elsewhere in The Championship, and I'm not sure they want to the themselves to a long-term contract with a Championship club as their next move- even if the chair of promotion is improved.

I think we're safe for now- Westwood excluded.

I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen next season - and that’s a bit frightening 

But - I’m living with some short term enthusiasm here that we’ve kept hold

of these four, and we have Joao, Fletcher, Hooper and Lee all in or almost around the first team door too. 

We bloody need some positive news and after this nightmare of a week, it feels like we’ve finished on a high. Let’s put Hull to

sword on Saturday and then cigars can come out.....

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Absolutely great news I agree.

Add to that Hooper is back training. That’s 5 of the best players in the division.

Hoping we can keep them all fit, and that we see Reach and FF wide not central, and Lees central not wide!

Really pleased.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Prior to last season we was top six and not much has changed since then. 

7 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Prior to last season we was top six and not much has changed since then. 

Exactly - not really sure why some of our fanbase are so negative about our chances before the seasons even got going - if all our players are fit (not Abdi obv), for the majority of the season then we have to be in with a chance of at least aiming to finish top 6.

I certainly dont think we will be bottom half never mind a relegation scrap.

Keep the faith - sometimes positivity has a cumulative effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Is it going to be as tough as you suggest? I still think we have a better squad than most in the championship. The 4 you mention are all very talented players but add into that Juao, Fletcher and Nuhiu, Hutch, Pudil etc

Too much focus is put on the weaker players in the squad instead of recognising the assets we do have and the damage they cause create to opposition defences.

• Like 1