Good read from Alan Biggs here in the Telegraph

He says whats on tin and is right...Dc had a 2 year gamble dint work fair plays for having a go,now regroup reload and go again this season and next...We WILL get there if we stick together and get that 1st season feeling back,but thats from all sides...UTO FTFB...COME ON WEDNESDAY.....

WAWAWAWAWAWAW

I think that people remember how he sucked up to DA when he was sueing fans from here and vilified Wednesdayite blaming them for holding shares that Da wanted and saying that they were stopping the club getting sold. Something that MM put to bed from the off.

• Like 1

Good old Biggsy... He's not going to ever win The Pulitzer Prize, but he makes some valid points there.

I particularly agree, that almost all the fans discontent stems (either directly or indirectly) from the pricing structure. While ever we are winning it's tolerated, when we aren't, tensions rise quickly.

I don't care what anyone says, considering the crap that's been endured over the last 2 decades, this club has phenomenal support. If the players do their bit on the field the fans will always get behind them... Let's hope it starts tomorrow!

UTO 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Striggy said:

Cannot read anything in the article under discussion to indicate that he hates us at all, let alone with a passion.  Are you sure you are not letting some previous petty grievance colour your view about the person and everything he writes? Also you do seem to have some paranoia issues going on and I think you will find that in reality not everyone does hate us.  If the guy gives you so much angst then perhaps best not open topics with Alan Biggs in the title. Chill and look forward to the game tomorrow. WAWAW

Yeah well, some people struggle with The Sun don’t they

That’s probably the best thing I’ve read by him on Wednesday.

We all know mistakes have been made, but it’s still our club. We have to back it. 

A good win tomorrow could kick start a push, you never know.

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye, it's a good read, but that opening line makes me 100% sure we're gonna lose tomorrow now... I know the crowd will be backing and willing the players tomorrow, it's just that we don't always seem to have the knack for rising to the occasion. We absolutely did when relegation loomed at the end of last season; what a great run we had. They should play as if that's what's riding on it tomorrow.

Has any opening home game at Hillsborough ever had more riding on it? 

Not quite as simple.

Not acknowledging that several of the people recruited have been very poor buys and that somebody must have been responsible for backing the moves.

Many fans did not regard the acquisitions as sensible.

Obviously too many strikers and midfielders when you add CC's penchant for making wingers de facto midfielders by getting them to cut inside.

Many supporters were unhappy with several of the decisions. Nor the approach to the infamous Huddersfield match. 

Not just DC gambling; he has been badly advised and fans do not know who has pulled the strings. Nor who is responsible for making financial forecasts. He is a benevolent generous guy but he and the supporters have been let down and the damage is deep and lasting.

11 hours ago, Striggy said:

Cannot read anything in the article under discussion to indicate that he hates us at all, let alone with a passion.  Are you sure you are not letting some previous petty grievance colour your view about the person and everything he writes? Also you do seem to have some paranoia issues going on and I think you will find that in reality not everyone does hate us.  If the guy gives you so much angst then perhaps best not open topics with Alan Biggs in the title. Chill and look forward to the game tomorrow. WAWAW

Well said that man! I think the sentiments you express regarding  paranomia and petty grievances can be applied to quite a number of posters on OT. I have watched Biggsy on You are the Ref and read his on line articles for the Star and always think he has a balanced approach to writing.

I can't be bothered to read any of his wandering tripe, I'm too excited. Biggs sits on fences and whenever he falls over onto one side or another he can soon be found back pedalling, often in the same article, covering his @rse  even beore he has nearly committed himself to saying something. He also repeats what the majority of fans say on the comments below the article, except for all those calling him a door handle.

I think he brings absolutely nothing to the table. He just shuffles the stuff on the table that is already there.

Nothing anybody says will stop me from enjoying the game tomorrow, it's just one sleep away, then I get to go to that buzzing place and have a good natter to all those lovely people at the lovely old ground again, drink some lovely beer and see my favourite team in my favourite football strip take to the field. Obviously we will cheer, shout and urge on the lads with a bit of singing, clapping and hopefully lots of bouncing.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!

UTO!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, torres said:

''The only value of hindsight is learning from those mistakes, many signposted for some time here and elsewhere. Wisdom after the event can be good if heeded.''

Something the club has failed to do 

Good grief man stopbeingatwat!

20 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Like all our local media it’s obvious he hates us with a passion with the way he goes on about us. Well let them talk, we’ll show them, we are Wednesday no one likes us we don’t care

That last sentence,  makes us sound like Millwall or Leeds United. ...

But more to the point..........

It's not true !

23 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Let me guess

Understands the fans concern, but Wednesday fans are some of the best around and so he's confident they'll step up, Chansiri is trying his best, Biggsy called ages ago we'd have problems, Biggsy says we have talented players and we need to play them, Biggsy takes the high ground and says we all should unite, Biggsy says we should take a more thoughtful approach to selling players in future

How close am I?

About half a dozen posts down. 

On 10/08/2018 at 09:13, torres said:

''The only value of hindsight is learning from those mistakes, many signposted for some time here and elsewhere. Wisdom after the event can be good if heeded.''

Something the club has failed to do 

I suppose isolated quotes from a much bigger article can be made to represent what ever you want them to represent.

I'll see YOUR quote & raise you one.

"Where’s the shame in having a go, giving it everything, coming up just short and having to draw breath?" 

Edited by bigthinrob