Sorry But It Has To Be Said

I might ask Keiren if he wants to come fishing with me. He’ll have nothing else to do all year.

Spent the latter half of last season saying how much we were missing him and now he’s fit, it’s right to leave him out apparently. And there should be no criticising of anyone at the club. It’s just a regrettable set of circumstances that have led us to this position, it’s for the best. Yeah right.

Sorry, not convincing me, or anyone else with an ounce of sense in their head. Unless we dress it up in the right way and give the actual facts of course, because as far as I can see, any arguments that we can’t play Westwood for fear of triggering payments in his contract, or him getting injured in advance of a pending deal, or because it’s for the good of the development of the youngsters, or any other theories some may wish to put forward are also pure speculation, as opposing views are described, until backed up with facts.

The manipulation of information to influence common thought is an artform practiced by many, not just the few.

I’ll stick with my view that the best keeper at the club is Westwood. The most experienced keeper at the club is Westwood. If we are desperate to go up, then we need to play our best and most experienced keeper. 

If those at the club think Westwood is our no.3 keeper, clearly we’re screwed before we start. We have two good young keepers in the making. And that’s as good as it gets on that score, two young keepers still developing. Their time comes when Westwood is sacrificed, apparently for the good of the club, or as I prefer to call it, to bail us out of the mess we’ve created for ourselves. Until that happens, you play your best and most experienced keeper.

My view won’t change, and neither will that of others who think in a likeminded way, but please carry on with the transparent propaganda. 

My last post on the subject. 

I have to wholeheartedly agree with your last post in this thread Owlsman.

It beggars belief that a player reaching a certain amount of games, that would trigger a bonus payment, is precluded from p!aying to negate that payment being made. I am sure the likes of FF,Bannan are also on similar, with in FF's case a goals incentive. Will we stop them playing if they are approaching their respective milestones ?

For what it's worth, I am of the opinion that a decision was made that in light of the financial restrictions, and with goalkeeper being the one position on the pitch that we had reasonable cover, that Westwood was deemed a saleable asset, who could potentially be sold to ease the financial restraints we are operating under. That still may happen of course, but until it does, and notwithstanding the continuing development of Dawson and Wildsmith, Westwood gives us experience, proven ability and organisational prowess, that our defense is missing. 

Get him back in goal, as he has proved over the last few years, that he is a game saver.

15 hours ago, jerseyowl said:

What worries me more is that some posters think the young uns are better and should be starting ahead of westwood on merit.

What's there to worry about. We have 3 cracking goalkeepers. Can't keep all 3 happy but, the club need to be looking long term.Gone are the days when we had the likes of Tidman between the sticks.

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I agree @theowlsman although I have to say I’d be amazed if it happens.

Our strategy is crystal clear when it comes to KW.

Firstly we have sought to alienate and diminish his status in the hope that the player and his agent will force a move. Either in the transfer window which has now failed or next by way of a loan with a future fee tied to it. The latter seems unlikely but big clubs do like plenty of quality keeper cover and obviously have the financial resources.

Its not really what I’d call a strategy more a knee jerk reaction from the club. We’ve backed ourselves into a corner with this one again, picking Westwood now after the events of the last few weeks will cause a loss of face and ultimately make us look more foolish than we already do.

I was not against a KW sale, but this looks messy and amateurish.

His presence in the side could save us half a dozen goals over the course of a season IMO. 

It looks messy & amateurish because it is. The club has been run on that basis for the last 3 years. No strategic plan other than fling money at it willy nilly and  hope that we get a fortunate promotion to the Prem.

Back that up with unworkable schemes, outpricing much of the fanbase and local business support together with a stubborn unwillingness to properly wheel & deal in the transfer market and you have the situation that DC finds himself in at the moment.

18 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Don’t believe Jos. There’s something behind Westwood not playing. We’ve got previous with this!

Fan; Why don't the club communicate with us?

Club; communicates with fans

Fan; I don't believe them!!

You couldn't make it up!!

22 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Posing the question. I can’t imagine that Jos wants to go into matches without the strongest team possible.  Westwood makes the team stronger.  

Westwood himself has made clear his position when querying himself why he wasn’t playing. 

Seen on Twitter all day people slagging Jos off.  The club needs to come out and just be foooking honest. Jos is taking a lot of grief for nothing. 

It's not the club to blame it's the bloody mardy arse chidish fans..

19 hours ago, theowlsman said:

But well done on keeping hold of Fernando. At least we got that one right.

Until the end if the loan window I wouldn't say we've kept hold of him yet. As the transfer window has shut earlier than normally clubs will now be looking to do transfers and just offset them as loans with a tied in transfer at the end. Still think there's a bit of business to be done yet.

6 hours ago, CLswfc said:

What's there to worry about. We have 3 cracking goalkeepers. Can't keep all 3 happy but, the club need to be looking long term.Gone are the days when we had the likes of Tidman between the sticks.

Or the season we didn't even have a registered keeper of our own and ended up loaning the likes of Carson and I can't remember the other lad, was it Iain Turner? Think it was the season before we got Lee Grant.

3 League games gone

6 League goals conceded

1 point accumulated

Promotion form = an average of 2pts per game

Averaging 0.33 points per game

Average number of goals conceded per game = 2

Average number of goals required per game to win = 3

Number of goals scored = 3

Average number of goals scored per game = 1

Number of additional goals required per game to win on current form = 2

If we maintain the current level of scoring, goals we can allow to be conceded per game if we wish to win = 0

Dawson goals conceded - 6 in 3 games.

Wildsmith’s turn now.

When we’ve done with that sheeite we can get our best keeper back to get the odds slightly back in our favour.

ps - As this is JL’s decision (he said so), I feel justified in calling him a clueless idiot.

It’s been obvious (to me at least) where this has been heading since day 1. Call me fecking psychic but.........

Dawson will be dropped, effecting the poor lad’s confidence

Wildsmith will have his chance, then be dropped, effecting the poor lad’s confidence

JL will have to bring back Westwood to restore confidence at the back.

2 x good young keepers. Not ready for consistent first team action under present circumstances. When the going gets tough, you need experienced heads in the side. 

Argue as much as you want but I am right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

3 League games gone

6 League goals conceded

1 point accumulated

Promotion form = an average of 2pts per game

Averaging 0.33 points per game

Average number of goals conceded per game = 2

Average number of goals required per game to win = 3

Number of goals scored = 3

Average number of goals scored per game = 1

Number of additional goals required per game to win on current form = 2

If we maintain the current level of scoring, goals we can allow to be conceded per game if we wish to win = 0

Dawson goals conceded - 6 in 3 games.

Wildsmith’s turn now.

When we’ve done with that sheeite we can get our best keeper back to get the odds slightly back in our favour.

ps - As this is JL’s decision (he said so), I feel justified in calling him a clueless idiot.

It’s been obvious (to me at least) where this has been heading since day 1. Call me fecking psychic but.........

Dawson will be dropped, effecting the poor lad’s confidence

Wildsmith will have his chance, then be dropped, effecting the poor lad’s confidence

JL will have to bring back Westwood to restore confidence at the back.

2 x good young keepers. Not ready for consistent first team action under present circumstances. When the going gets tough, you need experienced heads in the side. 

Argue as much as you want but I am right.

Cause you're right.....and as the site sage can you now tell us whether Westwood would have saved the pen or the 4 on 1.

Some moron at the back of the stand today even slated the keeper for saving a 1 on 1....as though Westwood would have saved it, picked it up and pinged it in to the top corner to make it 2-1

as for the experienced heads comment......do you mean heads like Hutchinson's?

Edited by Ian

Our problems now are deeper than team selection. Where in a position where it looks like we can’t even play our legit number 1 team. I hope they don’t, but I honestly feel like it will get worse. There’s to much going off behind the scenes now that we don’t no about “in my opinion” even DC said if we don’t go up this season, next season will be worse. Fingers crossed we pull something crazy amazing out of the bag..!!

38 minutes ago, Ian said:

Cause you're right.....and as the site sage can you now tell us whether Westwood would have saved the pen or the 4 on 1.

Some moron at the back of the stand today even slated the keeper for saving a 1 on 1....as though Westwood would have saved it, picked it up and pinged it in to the top corner to make it 2-1

as for the experienced heads comment......do you mean heads like Hutchinson's?

Hutch doesn’t play in goal does he?

And sorry if I fail to listen to a man who slagged off our top scorer all last season. You were wrong about him too.

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Hutch doesn’t play in goal does he?

And sorry if I fail to listen to a man who slagged off our top scorer all last season. You were wrong about him too.

You said we need experienced heads in the side, not in goal.....so are you changing that now and you only think we need experience in goal?

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Yes of course I was wrong, watching him today with his Messiesque play while all others were floundering around him and clearly not up to his standards

At least when the many mythical clubs who'd love to have him in their side come knocking on the door with multi million pound bids now they know we are desperate, our financial woes will be over