Sorry But It Has To Be Said

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

And I'm not keen on Yes men either (should that be applicable).

Oh I don't know, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Jon Anderson love 'em all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

But from the manager's point of view he'll recognise he has two capable players at the club in his position. It's a matter of opinion of course but I'd argue losing Bannan or Forestieri would have a bigger effect on the team. Westwood is a player you'd think would gain interest from other clubs, someone like Fletcher or Abdi would be harder to shift. 

Agree with the last point! Few of our players would interest other clubs which tells a story! That's the problem. Even FF is temperamental and Bannan likes to play too deep but cannot tackle , however well he played when he returned  last Spring. On first point, JW needs further development as a keeper in my view however brave and agile he was. 

What was actually said in the interview?I’ve only read what’s been put on heat a bit.

I keep saying this is the problem when managers say ‘the situation’. Fans (myself included) have no idea what it means. 

It’s doubtful and complete speculation on my part, but what if the situation is Westwood is back to number one if he’s here after the transfer window closes.

There are half a dozen reasonable guesses from fans creating speculation. By just saying situation and going into no detail can only have a negative effect on the fan base. 

Not blaming Jos, it could be sensitive and he can’t say. Just frustrating for all of us.

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

What was actually said in the interview?I’ve only read what’s been put on heat a bit.

I keep saying this is the problem when managers say ‘the situation’. Fans (myself included) have no idea what it means. 

It’s doubtful and complete speculation on my part, but what if the situation is Westwood is back to number one if he’s here after the transfer window closes.

There are half a dozen reasonable guesses from fans creating speculation. By just saying situation and going into no detail can only have a negative effect on the fan base. 

Not blaming Jos, it could be sensitive and he can’t say. Just frustrating for all of us.

Meanwhile, Luhukay has reiterated that Keiren Westwood, the Owls' first-choice goalkeeper for three and a half seasons before suffering a groin injury last year, is now behind young duo Cameron Dawson and Joe Wildsmith in the pecking order.

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

Meanwhile, Luhukay has reiterated that Keiren Westwood, the Owls' first-choice goalkeeper for three and a half seasons before suffering a groin injury last year, is now behind young duo Cameron Dawson and Joe Wildsmith in the pecking order.

Thank you.

As I said I hadn’t listened to the interview. Only read the odd post regarding the situation.

All I can say if it’s not forced (I believe it is), it’s flipping mad!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I've seen us concede three goals in our first game.

I saw Westwood keep clean sheets galore and single-handedly keep us in games.

Even when he's been unfit he hasn't conceded.

I'd say that's some going.

You didn't answer my question.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Feck P&S, feck the EFL, and feck mamby-pambying about. As others have said, just play our best keeper FFS!

Points on the board is what we need. Westwood as the backstop makes the defenders in front of him more confident.

Bang on. A keeper organising the back line on Sat and not spilling speculative shots and we would have won, even having put in a poor performance for most of the game. 

While the full details of the 'keeper situation are literally anyone's guess (except KW, DC and presumably JL), a couple of the basics seem pretty obvious from a logical standpoint, namely:

- if it was just as simple as 'we honestly think the young 'uns are better', or 'we need to develop them faster as we won't be investing after KW leaves/retires', or even 'he's not been pulling his weight in training', there'd be no reason not to put it out there

- so unless there's duplicity or cloaking afoot for some reason, there'd be literally no reason for us fans to be out of the loop on this one

Given that we've basically no idea what's going on, there clearly IS something being held back. On that assumption (which it is), I can only really think of:

- something that impacts on our budget internally that the club don't want us (and by extension other people) to know about

- something to do with a potential deal being arranged with someone else that can't be made public ahead of it actually happening

- some sort of fall-out or freezing-out issue that has its basis in personal and/or 'off the record' stuff

- KW making a decision or taking a stand about something (seems kind of unlikely, but then so does his whole weird in/out/shake it all about thing with Ireland and O'Neill etc, so gawd knows, he's an odd fella bless 'im)

If I had to guess I'd go for [redacted]

:stuwinky:

Well, if it's X amount of appearances equals new contract etc / bonus, then it's a poo he got injured when he did. Just imagine being one appearance off then doing your groin. Or hip. It's been that long I can't recall what he injured.lol

Edited by marshy

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

But from the manager's point of view he'll recognise he has two capable players at the club in his position. It's a matter of opinion of course but I'd argue losing Bannan or Forestieri would have a bigger effect on the team. Westwood is a player you'd think would gain interest from other clubs, someone like Fletcher or Abdi would be harder to shift. 

Abdi would be harder to shift than the Eiffel tower.

Young players can only get better if they're playing. Most have written this season off as a dead rubber, so why not give the two talented young'uns more experience, regardless of whether there's more going on or not. 

Edited by Hitcat

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Picking up on points already made in the Fernando thread.........

Westwood should be our no.1 keeper.

If Jos thinks the two young keepers are better than Westwood he's a prize plum. Can already see him having a shortened shelf life if he makes any other cockups.

Not going to happen mate 

Meanwhile, Luhukay has reiterated that Keiren Westwood, the Owls' first-choice goalkeeper for three and a half seasons before suffering a groin injury last year, is now behind young duo Cameron Dawson and Joe Wildsmith in the pecking order. Dawson, aged 23, played at Wigan and Wildsmith, 22, was on the bench. "Everyone knows the decision that we make, and the goalkeepers know it too," Luhukay said. "Last week was the first decision and I have not changed that. I have made a decision about our two young goalkeepers and that remains the situation now." With Westwood in the final year of his contract and a saleable asset, there has been speculation among supporters that Luhukay has been prevented from playing the 33-year-old because Wednesday were hoping to sell him during the transfer windown But when asked if he could select Westwood if he wanted to, the boss replied: "Yes."

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, marshy said:

Well, if it's X amount of appearances equals new contract etc / bonus, then it's a poo he got injured when he did. Just imagine being one appearance off then doing your groin. lol

Chansiri, most likely gave him a steel cap toe wack in the gonads upon realizing!

Joking aside..... i have it on good authority that Westwood refused to pay the 90 quid for the membership, he was frozen out but now its been reduced, our Kieran has dug deep and relented.

He is now back in favor. 

If it was a contractual situation Jos would just say he’s unavailable , can’t comment , etc 

He’s quoted as saying he could select him if he wanted to