Sorry But It Has To Be Said

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

Posing the question. I can’t imagine that Jos wants to go into matches without the strongest team possible.  Westwood makes the team stronger.  

Westwood himself has made clear his position when querying himself why he wasn’t playing. 

Seen on Twitter all day people slagging Jos off.  The club needs to come out and just be foooking honest. Jos is taking a lot of grief for nothing. 

Agreed on the last line especially 

Unnecessary grief going on

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Could it be a contractual thing,  X apps = bonus/ new contract? 

That's what I'm wondering, last thing we need is an extra 10k per week (purely a figure plucked out of thin air) on the wages bill.

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Posing the question. I can’t imagine that Jos wants to go into matches without the strongest team possible.  Westwood makes the team stronger.  

Westwood himself has made clear his position when querying himself why he wasn’t playing. 

Seen on Twitter all day people slagging Jos off.  The club needs to come out and just be foooking honest. Jos is taking a lot of grief for nothing. 

Or the club can keep a dignified silence and people on twitter could choose not to slag off someone they haven't met and when they don't have the facts.

Novel eh?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Listen

I know everyone is confused about this one BUT if one thing is for sure it's most definitely not a case of Jos thinks the young lads are better keepers.

It'll be something behind the scenes that we don't know about whether it's a personality thing or whether it's a contractual thing

Anyone sat thinking it's Jos choosing the young un's over Westwood purely on ability needs to sit and think before posting because I can absolutely guarantee it won't be.

BUT Jos hasn't seen Westwood play for more than 45 mins , maybe he prefers the Dawson and Wildsmith and isn't just going on reputation, who knows?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Or the club can keep a dignified silence and people on twitter could choose not to slag off someone they haven't met and when they don't have the facts.

Novel eh?

But they wont will they ? It’s what fans do.  If it wasn’t  on social media it would be in the pub before the games and if Dawson / Wildsmith have a shocker , you can guarantee fans would be venting their spleen at Jos on the touch line. 

In my opinion the club have hung Jos out to dry with the perception that the Goalkeeping choices are his.   It’s teally unfair but Jos has to toe the party line. 

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

But they wont will they ? It’s what fans do.  If it wasn’t  on social media it would be in the pub before the games and if Dawson / Wildsmith have a shocker , you can guarantee fans would be venting their spleen at Jos on the touch line. 

In my opinion the club have hung Jos out to dry with the perception that the Goalkeeping choices are his.   It’s teally unfair but Jos has to toe the party line. 

Let them get on with it then. Once you start feeling you need to explain yourself over every decision then you have got yourself another full time job.

If we moaned down the pub the club wouldn't pop down have a pint and address our concerns. Why should they respond all the time to the twitterers?

Jos doesn't have to have a twitter account doesn't have to read it. I wouldn't in his position.

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think it depends what the plan is, if we’re thinking past this season then I can’t see the value that playing Westwood gives us - I don’t think we’ll be promoted with / without him. 

Will playing another add value, experience and set him up ready for next season, certainly! 

For me it’s not too dissimilar to the Hirst situation. Other than the short term playing either adds no long term value to our club. Unless you’re playing them with view to selling in Jan, and with all respect Westwood has nothing to prove in shop window. 

That said, same could be said of Matias:Preston, Pudil, Thornely / JvA etc. 

The last east few seasons have brought a very short term way of thinking to our club and hopefully we now have a longer term plan. 

Just picking up on that point, look at the panic that was induced (within the club, let alone the fan base) when FF threw his toys out of the pram two years ago. The solution was a major improvement in his contract, now I don't know the exact figures but the rumours on here were that his pay was increased by something between 10-15k a week. The likely result of that is that other players went to their agents and said "I want what he's getting" and the route to our FFP problems becomes all too clear.

Given Westwood's contract is up for review anyway, maybe that's the real reason we can't put him in the side and effectively Jos has his hands tied.

Westwood is the best. If JL believes differently, it will be the first major misjudgement he has made, and for the first time I would criticise him.

(Mind you I still believe Nuhui is not worth any more than being a sub, and I would be open to offers for him, whereas JL seems to want him to be first team start .)

Have to believe that club does not want him injured as they try to get him out before Aug 31st

Maybe Jo's (and the club) are taking the long term perspective.

Perhaps the think that our two young keepers have the potential to become as good or even better than Westwood, and fear that if they continue to play Westwood, who I agree is probably the better keeper at present, they risk losing one of the youngsters.

I suspect that neither JW or CD would settle for third choice.:picnic:

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I thought it was pretty obvious we're trying to force him out of the club? Nothing to do with ability.

I hope he does get a move because he's finished here unfortunately, and everyone loses as it stands. 

He might not be finished here if he is still on the books after Aug but they will be trying to get him out. Funnily enough, quite a few of our other so called stars are not as high quality as him,  having failed to be outstanding  here or at their previous clubs around our level and I could face them going much more easily.