Sorry But It Has To Be Said

Picking up on points already made in the Fernando thread.........

Westwood should be our no.1 keeper.

If Jos thinks the two young keepers are better than Westwood he's a prize plum. Can already see him having a shortened shelf life if he makes any other cockups.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

If Jos thinks the two young keepers are better than Westwood he's a prize plum. Can already see him having a shortened shelf life if he makes any other cockups.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if one of them gets a knock. Will he even make the bench or has he been frozen out altogether?

1 minute ago, Minton said:

The window isn't closed yet. Loans window is open until the 31st.

Feck P&S, feck the EFL, and feck mamby-pambying about. As others have said, just play our best keeper FFS!

Points on the board is what we need. Westwood as the backstop makes the defenders in front of him more confident.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

To be fair they are...If you play 'em both at once...............

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Listen

I know everyone is confused about this one BUT if one thing is for sure it's most definitely not a case of Jos thinks the young lads are better keepers.

It'll be something behind the scenes that we don't know about whether it's a personality thing or whether it's a contractual thing

Anyone sat thinking it's Jos choosing the young un's over Westwood purely on ability needs to sit and think before posting because I can absolutely guarantee it won't be.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Feck P&S, feck the EFL, and feck mamby-pambying about. As others have said, just play our best keeper FFS!

Points on the board is what we need. Westwood as the backstop makes the defenders in front of him more confident.

Or do the defenders in front of Westwood make him feel more like davey crocket again lol

I think it depends what the plan is, if we’re thinking past this season then I can’t see the value that playing Westwood gives us - I don’t think we’ll be promoted with / without him. 

Will playing another add value, experience and set him up ready for next season, certainly! 

For me it’s not too dissimilar to the Hirst situation. Other than the short term playing either adds no long term value to our club. Unless you’re playing them with view to selling in Jan, and with all respect Westwood has nothing to prove in shop window. 

That said, same could be said of Matias:Preston, Pudil, Thornely / JvA etc. 

The last east few seasons have brought a very short term way of thinking to our club and hopefully we now have a longer term plan. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Posing the question or letting us know how it is?

Posing the question. I can’t imagine that Jos wants to go into matches without the strongest team possible.  Westwood makes the team stronger.  

Westwood himself has made clear his position when querying himself why he wasn’t playing. 

Seen on Twitter all day people slagging Jos off.  The club needs to come out and just be foooking honest. Jos is taking a lot of grief for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Listen

I know everyone is confused about this one BUT if one thing is for sure it's most definitely not a case of Jos thinks the young lads are better keepers.

It'll be something behind the scenes that we don't know about whether it's a personality thing or whether it's a contractual thing

Anyone sat thinking it's Jos choosing the young un's over Westwood purely on ability needs to sit and think before posting because I can absolutely guarantee it won't be.

What worries me more is that some posters think the young uns are better and should be starting ahead of westwood on merit.