Wingback Options

40 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Ray Blackhall and Dave Grant are better options than what we've got now lol

Wingbacks !!

My mate with big tabs (wingnut) would be a better option ...

used to put ribbons on his ears every year May time 

Not for dancing round like...

FA CUP month in't  it ......

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bdmfournil said:

Yes but he doesn't defend because he can't.  Play Fox Reach Bannan Baker across the middle

That midfield would get mullered. No creativity out wide in Baker and Fox (both playing in unnatural positions twinned with nobody to get their foot in out of Bannan and Reach. I’d hate to be a CB if they were my only protection in front.

I asked on the Burnley forum their views on Boyd at RWB. 

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31452&p=791833#p790356

Overall not glowing on his suitability for WB, let alone RWB, but very complementary about his work-rate, especially tracking back.

I won’t ignore the opinion of twenty-odd Burnley fans, but I still think he is one of only two options, and slightly better than Palmer.

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

So what you are saying is any player who doesn't play wing back is an option

Palmer, Baker (one appearance in his career), OGrady a centre back, Pelupessy a central midfielder, Hutch well he can kick with his right foot why not, Lee - yet he has played there is the past, so has Boyd, Van Aken can kick with his right foot so why not, Joao because right back or right midfield its the same thing.

Palmer is the only option we have with a kid if he get injured.

Left back is Fox, Reach cannot defend but can attack, Pudils legs have gone hence the switch to centre back. It is very telling that is Pudil was a left back he would have been released.

Hutch played for Chelsea as a right back and was tipped to be a future England right back before he retired.

Edited by Spuddy01

So I think to sum up we have....

Reach and Penney for left wing back and Baker for right who are good enough.

The interesting shout here for me is Pelupessy- think he could be made for that position and certainly isn’t good enough for cm. however our lack

if midfield options if Hutch is at CB is making it unlikely to be tried.