When is membership worth it? LLP investigates.

You may remember that, when the original membership was announced that I did some calculating and worked out that membership was only worth it if you attended between 14 and 16 games in the season AND had to sit on the Kop AND had to attend all the extra discount games. Any less and you lost money. Any more and you were better off with a season ticket.

I think it is only fair if I did this again for the new membership. Once again this is based on the average category for last season and is based upon a discounted price of £28 sitting on the Kop.

It is worth getting the silver membership if you attend 10 games minimum. This will cost you the same amount of money as buying without any membership. But with the added benefit of ticket priority, it can be said that you are better off with membership.

The maximum number of of games it is worth attending is now 17. 17 games at £28 is £476. Plus the £50 for membership is £526. The cost for a season ticket on the Kop is £530.

So the membership is worth it if you are going to attend between 10 and 17 games. This is a much better range of options than the £90 membership.

I hope this helps people in making their decision about membership. But as always, these are based on last year's averages so I can't guarantee it will work out like this.

• Thanks 3

For me I have commitments on a Saturday so can’t get to too many games. Make between 6 - 10 a season so membership is the best option.

its not about the £5 off every game, although it’s nice! It’s really hoping that we might get into the playoffs or a final possibly and that bump up the priority list.

i bulked at the ‘Gold’ membership increase because it would still be costing me £50ish quid, but I’ll be having a silver and the £20-£30 it costs me after match savings is fine.

43 minutes ago, Bexy1977 said:

For me I have commitments on a Saturday so can’t get to too many games. Make between 6 - 10 a season so membership is the best option.

its not about the £5 off every game, although it’s nice! It’s really hoping that we might get into the playoffs or a final possibly and that bump up the priority list.

i bulked at the ‘Gold’ membership increase because it would still be costing me £50ish quid, but I’ll be having a silver and the £20-£30 it costs me after match savings is fine.

I can certainly understand the argument that the membership may be worth it if you fall just short of the 10 game target, considering the added priority.