Owls Launch Silver Membership

19 hours ago, Russy said:

Really happy with this.

After refusing to spend £90 for one, I will glad renew 2 memberships at the club for £100.

I still don't really get the full benefit of the £5 discount but gladly help supporting the club. 

this

i WANT to support the club. I WANT to help out. But it has to be at a justifiable level.

34 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The club is in business to provide entertainment, and this costs money. The only way it can do this is from the spectators..  

If Leicester really offered £2m for George Hirst and we end up getting a pittance for him, and if our average POTG ticket price is £35inc VAT that's the equivalent of losing almost 3,000 POTG fans per match. Basic competence is another way of raising cash. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst many on here have applauded the Silver Membership. some of the later posters have proved to me something I have long believed about many of our 'supporters'. They complain about prices, they complain about cost of membership, then they complain about the benefits. Unfortunately, there are many on here who, i am convinced, if offered free entrance, would then complain because it didn't include transport from home, or free beer, or that it didn't allow them to bring their pals along free as well.. In other words, you can't satisfy a section of the crowd any time.

The question of Membership doesn't concern me. I'm a Season Ticket Holder, who is grateful for the fact that I am allowed the privilege of reduced admission prices due to my age , and I certainly don't grumble because the club doesn't send a taxi for me when I can't get transport, or my health dictates that I do not attend certain matches. 

The club provides an attraction for me in the same way that a TV set, or a pint of ale, or a packet of fags does. I don't go to the pub and expect free beer, free fags or the like. . There is a much used, often disparaged, word called PROFIT. Were there to be no such word, there would be no wages to spend, in the same way  that, if no-one pays taxes, no-one will be able to attain benefits. The club is in business to provide entertainment, and this costs money. The only way it can do this is from the spectators..  

And you're still the only person out of 30000 Owlstalkers who heard David Hirst say there's no way his son would be signing a contract - long before it became public. And didn't say a word about it at the time.

Funny that....

Not allowed to have an opinion any more????

For the last three & a half years we’ve had nothing but opinions, the vast majority being overidingly negative, even when we were doing ok. 

Not being funny mate, it’s been non stop, 

Ticket prices. Brief respite when demand outstripped supply, then ticket prices again, then Carlos, then Forestieri, then the kits, then Jos, then Chansiri, then membership, always ticket prices (and noticeable how the POTG bit has gone and now its tickets in general when most season ticket holders seem happy with what they pay).

They’re specific examples whereas some don’t seem to need a specific, they just seem to hate everything Wednesday and have done for the last 4 years.

I’m a big believer in free speech & debate & everyone has the right to moan, slag off in the way they see fit, (unless of course our leader on here sees fit to start deleting posts as has been his wont on occasions) but don’t expect not to receive a backlash and please don’t pretend that anyone is not allowed an opinion any more, especially as the negative shades of any argument seem to form the majority opinion. Certainly on here anyway, even if not on the’real world’.

Ps forgot to press quote.

this was in response to Higherstates post to Buxtongent

Edited by bigthinrob

Guest Hillsborough Mole
57 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If Leicester really offered £2m for George Hirst and we end up getting a pittance for him, and if our average POTG ticket price is £35inc VAT that's the equivalent of losing almost 3,000 POTG fans per match. Basic competence is another way of raising cash. 

Oh do bloody shut up with your common sense

I have read this right.  If you get the £50 membership, you get a £45 voucher for the shop.  Isn't that effectively £5 for membership.  That's about the right price imo.  I'd put the POTG prices up another £10 and give a £15 discount to members. 

15 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

For the last three & a half years we’ve had nothing but opinions, the vast majority being overidingly negative, even when we were doing ok. 

Ticket prices. Brief respite when demand outstripped supply, then ticket prices again, then Carlos, then Forestieri, then the kits, then Jos, then Chansiri, then membership, always ticket prices (and noticeable how the POTG bit has gone and now its tickets in general when most season ticket holders seem happy with what they pay).

They’re specific examples whereas some don’t seem to need a specific, they just seem to hate everything Wednesday and have done for the last 4 years.

I’m a big believer in free speech & debate & everyone has the right to moan, slag off in the way they see fit, (unless of course our leader on here sees fit to start deleting posts as has been his wont on occasions) but don’t expect not to receive a backlash and please don’t pretend that anyone is not allowed an opinion any more, especially as the negative shades of any argument seem to form the majority opinion. Certainly on here anyway, even if not on the’real world’.

Embargo

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I've had a season ticket for the last 5 years and lost a job this spring and because of various things we've not been able to get season tickets.  This year has hit us  so things take a back seat.  I've not moaned about much the last three years although the negativity last season was hard to take.

This summer anyone who doesn't have a season ticket has been shafted and you start to think is the product worth it and what else is there to do on a Saturday.  Away tickets are pretty much unattainable.  The usual cheap alternative (radio) has been taken away.  Home ticket prices are stupid. Season tickets on the kop are just £150 less than Man City. I wouldn't even consider buying a shirt at the current prices. 

Silver membership is a start which I may consider.

I'm not here for sympathy, i'm just aware that season ticket holders are dismissive about things that don't really affect them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

That is simply not true. Ask Kivo. Shouted down every time he made a point. The tide has turned a bit this week, rightly so but the rearguard action has kicked in and things will be back to normal soon. 

Complaints and opposition to the POTG prices is the same as ever.  The guy isn't for changing them so they disappear during the season because there's no point raising the issue. But you aren't telling me nobody piped up on here when the Hull prices were announced. Anyway make your mind up as to what you want. Somebody makes the same complaint about the same problem time and again - they're accused of being like a broken record.  Don't make the complaint and you're slagging them off for not making the complaint. 

I'll give your man credit for one thing. He's normalised having the highest prices in the division - which I guess was always part of his strategy.  £50 membership  - criticised as expensive last year - looks reasonable because £90 is ludicrous. I suppose it's a feather in the cap having the two most expensive schemes in the country not just the most expensive. Relatively expensive season tickets compared with our peers look cheap because of ludicrous POTG prices.  

He even plays the victim card saying his family and the players are scared of the fans and puts us in an embargo situation so we can't strengthen the team and it's all somebody else's fault - the Premier League, the other Championship clubs, the EFL, his advisors, Doyen, the fans, Carlos, Milan. 

Roll on tomorrow for the actual football and a famous victory. Might even get a D-Taxi so I can have a celebratory drink.  Mind you I thought that last Saturday too. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That is simply not true. Ask Kivo. Shouted down every time he made a point.

I think thats been the most sinister thing about the club in recent years.

Dave Allen used solicitors to silence criticism.

Currently there is a select band of attack dogs within our own fanbase to do the same. Quite relentless too. Saw it last night when handworth made the mistake of saying something negative - 2 pages of attacks on him within 10 minutes.

Its really not worth raising a point that people perceive as negative.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I think thats been the most sinister thing about the club in recent years.

Dave Allen used solicitors to silence criticism.

Currently there is a select band of attack dogs within our own fanbase to do the same. Quite relentless too. Saw it last night when handworth made the mistake of saying something negative - 2 pages of attacks on him within 10 minutes.

Its really not worth raising a point that people perceive as negative.

It's quite funny. I had one chap going back to last year and negging posts I made about chicken curry.  Oh the hurt.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I've had a season ticket for the last 5 years and lost a job this spring and because of various things we've not been able to get season tickets.  This year has hit us  so things take a back seat.  I've not moaned about much the last three years although the negativity last season was hard to take.

This summer anyone who doesn't have a season ticket has been shafted and you start to think is the product worth it and what else is there to do on a Saturday.  Away tickets are pretty much unattainable.  The usual cheap alternative (radio) has been taken away.  Home ticket prices are stupid. Season tickets on the kop are just £150 less than Man City. I wouldn't even consider buying a shirt at the current prices. 

Silver membership is a start which I may consider.

I'm not here for sympathy, i'm just aware that season ticket holders are dismissive about things that don't really affect them. 

For once I wasn't having a pop, I was purely answering the issue about dissent not being tolerated on here.

I also DO have sympathy for anyone who genuinely loses their job or who is struggling, I've been there & I had to knock it off for a while and I was like a drug addict going cold turkey. Come the time I'd normally be leaving for the match, it was like having panic attacks.  This is why i've no sympathy for pre meditated staying away, like boycott's & things. 

I hope you can / do go for the membership and get to games mate, I really do & I hope the product on offer week on week does us all justice, certainly within the constraints we're working under.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You were moaning about the bloody price of that!!!!

:Chansiri:

Quality mainly. It was half full and watery. Maybe that's how he likes his curry and that's why he negged me. 

Vesta would have been better. 

Edited by rickygoo

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

For once I wasn't having a pop, I was purely answering the issue about dissent not being tolerated on here.

I also DO have sympathy for anyone who genuinely loses their job or who is struggling, I've been there & I had to knock it off for a while and I was like a drug addict going cold turkey. Come the time I'd normally be leaving for the match, it was like having panic attacks.  This is why i've no sympathy for pre meditated staying away, like boycott's & things. 

I hope you can / do go for the membership and get to games mate, I really do & I hope the product on offer week on week does us all justice, certainly within the constraints we're working under.

Funny you say that..I was just thinking it's like weaning myself off it...when it's become a habit..Might not go on Saturday and i'm going to be suffering badly with FOMO ;)

16 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

This is why i've no sympathy for pre meditated staying away.

I didn't like people staying away last season purely on the fact that we wern't playing well and they disagreed with the teams that CC was picking.  Going to matches like that is purely part of being a fan and theres plenty of people that would have loved to be there and couldn't be.

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I didn't like people staying away last season purely on the fact that we wern't playing well and they disagreed with the teams that CC was picking.  Going to matches like that is purely part of being a fan and theres plenty of people that would have loved to be there and couldn't be.

I can never understand people with season tickets who don't turn up.

Of course the odd one might have something turn up at last minute or people work and live outside Sheffield so mid week games are difficult to get to but when its about 3-4,000 I find it strange.

But do understand people who potg not turning up if not playing well.