Owls Launch Silver Membership

44 minutes ago, londonowl said:

My last line on the subject because I'm not trying to be a moa we for the sake of moaning and everybody else seems to be happy enough.

I don't need it to be cheaper, I can afford it however I have choice and on this occasion, I have drawn my line in the sand. I think the whole affair has been an absolute car crash and shows an utter lack of everything I would want from an owner. I'm not renewing.

Just expressing my own personal view, I'm not looking for agreement or to whip up a frenzy.

We all have our opinions which is great, personally membership not an issue for me as S/T holders. Was more about recognising a positive reaction from.the club. Although some could say it is a cheap win, never the less it showed some humility.

Just want to move on and get back to watching the football each week, as zero we can do about the finance. 

2 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Wednesday have only relented and brought out a silver membership because nobody was buying the £90 ones. I'm pretty certain it has little to do with Monday's forum.

Were you at the fans forum?

The discussion going on was very clear

Fair play to the club. It will have been dictated by sales figures blended with a heated debate at the forum but either way who cares?

Let's just have it this season

UTO

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, addedtime said:

Silver gives you priority on tickets over silver membership????? Anyone else spot that?

I saw that too. Presumably it was cut-and-pasted from the Gold Membership info and they didn't check it.  I assume it means Gold membership gets priority over Silver, then Silver gets priority before general sale.

11 hours ago, Handball_!! said:

But what if they release a bronze one next week, will I have to waste my time 'visiting the megastore' twice or will I be able to go directly from gold to bronze all in one visit.

Perpetual whingers can do what they want 

Whilst many on here have applauded the Silver Membership. some of the later posters have proved to me something I have long believed about many of our 'supporters'. They complain about prices, they complain about cost of membership, then they complain about the benefits. Unfortunately, there are many on here who, i am convinced, if offered free entrance, would then complain because it didn't include transport from home, or free beer, or that it didn't allow them to bring their pals along free as well.. In other words, you can't satisfy a section of the crowd any time.

The question of Membership doesn't concern me. I'm a Season Ticket Holder, who is grateful for the fact that I am allowed the privilege of reduced admission prices due to my age , and I certainly don't grumble because the club doesn't send a taxi for me when I can't get transport, or my health dictates that I do not attend certain matches. 

The club provides an attraction for me in the same way that a TV set, or a pint of ale, or a packet of fags does. I don't go to the pub and expect free beer, free fags or the like. . There is a much used, often disparaged, word called PROFIT. Were there to be no such word, there would be no wages to spend, in the same way  that, if no-one pays taxes, no-one will be able to attain benefits. The club is in business to provide entertainment, and this costs money. The only way it can do this is from the spectators..  

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Got season ticket, going to get another, also a couple of Gold memberships, a couple of silver memberships, 20 shirts, and a corporate box and also i'll POTG.

All to strengthen my arguing stance with Rickygoo re pricing & subsequent take up.

:laugh:

The bank will put you in an embargo like your hero.

lol

7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst many on here have applauded the Silver Membership. some of the later posters have proved to me something I have long believed about many of our 'supporters'. They complain about prices, they complain about cost of membership, then they complain about the benefits. Unfortunately, there are many on here who, i am convinced, if offered free entrance, would then complain because it didn't include transport from home, or free beer, or that it didn't allow them to bring their pals along free as well.. In other words, you can't satisfy a section of the crowd any time.

The question of Membership doesn't concern me. I'm a Season Ticket Holder, who is grateful for the fact that I am allowed the privilege of reduced admission prices due to my age , and I certainly don't grumble because the club doesn't send a taxi for me when I can't get transport, or my health dictates that I do not attend certain matches. 

The club provides an attraction for me in the same way that a TV set, or a pint of ale, or a packet of fags does. I don't go to the pub and expect free beer, free fags or the like. . There is a much used, often disparaged, word called PROFIT. Were there to be no such word, there would be no wages to spend, in the same way  that, if no-one pays taxes, no-one will be able to attain benefits. The club is in business to provide entertainment, and this costs money. The only way it can do this is from the spectators..  

Sheffield Wednesday are most expensive club to watch in the Championship, we have the most expensive replica kit, the club is under a transfer embargo and may have to sell its best players. Think you are pi ss ing in the wind if you expect some people not to be unhappy about that.
Also if wasn't for people criticising the club membership would still be £90. People making there feeling known about it should be thanked for getting the price down and allowing more people to support the club.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Reality is most people will suffer a drop in finances at some point in there lives. Thats just how it is.

But f em right, they're not allowed an opinion any more..

Sure you'd have an opinion if they took off the concession prices regarding age.

15 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The club is in business to provide entertainment, and this costs money. The only way it can do this is from the spectators..  

Don't want to get pulled into a really negative argument when things are so positive but just wanted to pick you up on this

You're incorrect on the last part

There are companies and brands out there we can land for advertising, sponsorship, stadium naming, perimeter advertising, player sponsorship, programme advertising, scoreboard advertising etc etc etc

Under no circumstances should it ever be totally down to spectators to fund a football club of this size

Anyway that's my say for the day

Let's beat Hull

UTO

Owlstalk Shop