Owls Launch Silver Membership

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Interesting if it was prompted by the backlash or by selling next to none at £90.

Who cares anyway, its been done

Exactly what I was thinking.

Call me cynical but I dont believe it's had anything to do with the backlash. 

More likely that there were very few takers. Hopefully this is more in line with people's budgets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Glad that sense has been seen here but all the back slapping and congratulating should be going not to DC, but to those fans who have stood up for themselves and made clear they will not be ripped off

And credit to DC for taking it on board. 

• Like 1

Has anyone who's already bought this membership asked the club about the possibility of claiming the discount off already-purchased tickets for the Hull City game?

I'd have had mine and my parents' memberships sorted well in advance if it weren't for the ridiculous £90 'offer'. To miss out on the discount due to the club fecking about feels a bit wrong, to be honest.

I still think there should be more exclusive bonuses involved. Whatever happened to the little pin badge? Perhaps a nice book, something along the lines of "Candid Shots from the Changing Room" Just so we can get to know the players more intimately. Maybe a feature each month on a different player asking interesting questions like "what is your favourite smell?" Or "if you were a serial killer, what trophy would you take?" 

37 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Call me cynical but I dont believe it's had anything to do with the backlash. 

More likely that there were very few takers. Hopefully this is more in line with people's budgets.

It was talked about at length at the forum. He wanted fans ideas and the general consensus in the room was a reduced level of membership with less add ons at last seasons price of £50. It was directly from the discussion. You are being cynical. He even agreed to do it there and then so I knew it was coming. 

Hence the reason we now have Gold and Silver.

• Like 1

Guest Ash76
33 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Has anyone who's already bought this membership asked the club about the possibility of claiming the discount off already-purchased tickets for the Hull City game?

I'd have had mine and my parents' memberships sorted well in advance if it weren't for the ridiculous £90 'offer'. To miss out on the discount due to the club fecking about feels a bit wrong, to be honest.

I'm 99.9% certain they'll do that. 

If not there's nothing to stop you refunding the match tickets and repurchasing using membership cards

Everybody kicked off with this years pricing on membership ( rightly so ) we complained, they listened, they acted. This is a fair and good deal

we should all be satisfied on this outcome with matter.

I’ll sign up to this even if I can only make a few games and don’t get the full benefits 

6 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Part of me says fair enough, well done DC for listening to fans, another part of me says f it.....can't believe you treated a section of your fanbase in this manner to start with.

He offered a product into the marketplace. 

It wasn't pitched right, there was a predictable outcry, it was rammed home at the Forum & he addressed it accordingly.

Great that they've listened to the fans ... although it's not as good in relation to the benefits (should have just dropped the original one down to 50 and allowed discount spend on kit and sale stuff), it's a step in the right direction at least

Still a long way to go though ...

41 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does one membership mean one discount per game, or can one membership buy multiple tickets for one game with a fiver off?

One membership per game I believe especially on the discounts 

You may remember that, when the original membership was announced that I did some calculating and worked out that membership was only worth it if you attended between 14 and 16 games in the season AND had to sit on the Kop AND had to attend all the extra discount games. Any less and you lost money. Any more and you were better off with a season ticket.

I think it is only fair if I did this again for the new membership. Once again this is based on the average category for last season and is based upon a discounted price of £28 sitting on the Kop.

It is worth getting the silver membership if you attend 10 games minimum. This will cost you the same amount of money as buying without any membership. But with the added benefit of ticket priority, it can be said that you are better off with membership.

The maximum number of of games it is worth attending is now 17. 17 games at £28 is £476. Plus the £50 for membership is £526. The cost for a season ticket on the Kop is £530.

So the membership is worth it if you are going to attend between 10 and 17 games. This is a much better range of options than the £90 membership.

I hope this helps people in making their decision about membership. But as always, these are based on last year's averages so I can't guarantee it will work out like this.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Simon78 said:

If memberships were free would that still be too much? FFS

Well said.

The club listened and came up with an option gold, silver. 

Think some people on here would actually like us to fail just so they could say see told you so.