Owls Launch Silver Membership

1 hour ago, The Claw said:

who's gona slag this off?

Me.

Rise from £30 to £50 was justified by club by double discounts and the ticket priority.

Price is now £50 without the double discount and moving a level down for ticket priority.

Full membership is still £90, almost certainly the most expensive in the country. As a part-timer who lives 200 miles away, the biggest benefit of membership is ticket priority, I’m really not that ar**d about the £5 discount. Charge me £30 with no discount and I will take 3 of them out now, once multiple levels of priority are introduced into membership, it becomes a slippery slope.

Next year there will be a platinum membership and the benefits of the lower tiers will be reduced. You can see it coming a mile off.

I’m still not paying it despite being a member for many years. I will give some credit to DC for changing it but as we’ve almost certainly sold f**k all memberships, it’s hardly a surprise. I feel a bit like I’m expected to be eternally grateful to the woman at the till for giving me the extra tenner back when she short changed me in the first place.

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Me.

Rise from £30 to £50 was justified by club by double discounts and the ticket priority.

Price is now £50 without the double discount and moving a level down for ticket priority.

Full membership is still £90, almost certainly the most expensive in the country. As a part-timer who lives 200 miles away, the biggest benefit of membership is ticket priority, I’m really not that ar**d about the £5 discount. Charge me £30 with no discount and I will take 3 of them out now, once multiple levels of priority are introduced into membership, it becomes a slippery slope.

Next year there will be a platinum membership and the benefits of the lower tiers will be reduced. You can see it coming a mile off.

I’m still not paying it despite being a member for many years. I will give some credit to DC for changing it but as we’ve almost certainly sold f**k all memberships, it’s hardly a surprise. I feel a bit like I’m expected to be eternally grateful to the woman at the till for giving me the extra tenner back when she short changed me in the first place.

To quote myself, the priority is confusing. I read it that the £90 membership has ticket priority over the £50 membership. If I’m wrong, I will take back what I have said. Has anyone confirmed this with the club yet?

42 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

If you’re likely to attend the Preston game it may still be worth going for the gold option 

Great to give people the choice though and well done to the ticket office for managing to implement it so quickly 

Is that correct? Just going to buy the “silver” one for me and daughter but will probably make the Preston game and you’ve got me doubting myself!

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

Well done DC for listening to the fans feedback on Monday.  Obviously got it wrong to start with, but nice to see he's listened and responded in the right manner.

Absolutely, DC explained his rationale for the new membership  pricing, but has listened to feedback and acted quickly to provide an option for those who requested an alternative  membership package.

Pleased with this,  well done

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Do you know what would really sell some of the 90 quid memberships.... if the store discount included the new shirts, because I would have bought one and used it to buy a new shirt as well... win win for the club really. I'm sure many other fans would have followed suit also.

Also all season ticket holders get 50% off home, away or training tops as a one off. 

Good news the fact he tried to charge a ridiculous price to start with and then because its pointed out and people object he changes his mind !!! 

Its a joke he tried this on in the first place he is taking the Mick out of the fans 

And  fans can't see this !!! 

• Like 1

Congratulations to DC and his team and to those fans who raised this issue at the forum on Monday on behalf of supporters like me. I have just got back in from work and immediately logged on to renew my membership for this season and purchased my Hull ticket for the weekend 96 quid straight into the clubs pocket. 

I would suggest that when DC said the number of memberships sold was "down" they were far lower than even he had anticipated, we have asked and he has listened on this once again well done to all involved and thank you to those on here who went to the forum on Monday and raised the issue to the board. 

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, torres said:

Just a quite note to the less furnished in the brains department (we have a fair few on here)

These are questions - simple questions. 

Maybe if you didn’t accuse the club and OT members of being thick then you wouldn’t get the negs.

Ironic though considering your grasp of English