Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
@owlstalk

Marco Matias

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Under an embargo, he will surely have an important role to play That searing pace can unhinge the best defences

Is he allowed to use searing pace? Won't his legs fall off :goalie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say he is another crock drawing good wages,bleeding the club dry while offering very little.

I would love to see him playing every week but doubt it will happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Who would he replace to start? Joao ? No - Not a natural winger can do a job at best there so might be a better option

fletch No - Injured

FF no - Probably getting sold on Thursday

Nuihu no - Suspended 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's played so little over the last few years, I honestly forget he exists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw him in Morrisons one night last week. He was buying frozen chicken dippers. True

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nuhiuprime said:

Ink? it's a blog mate, no need to print it.

I know but didn't know what the equivalent would be, font?

:goalie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

 

Abdi takes that accolade for me. Was genuinely excited (albeit aware that it might mean shifting Bannan or Lee in the formation) when he arrived.

 

God!  Remember those days, thread after thread about how we would fit him in and who would make way and the implications of moving either Bannan or Lee out wide.

 

Little did I know when I was bored shitless at the time that I was in a period of relative serenity.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I saw him in Morrisons one night last week. He was buying frozen chicken dippers. True

 

Did he fall over then get up and smack the bloke stacking the crsps aisle?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Brommers said:

I know but didn't know what the equivalent would be, font?

:goalie:

 

Pixels.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under the current embargo, we have no choice but to utilise all our players.

 

Matias offers a bit of pace, is direct, and can finish. Just concerns me he always looks fit in pre-season, then come September he's disappeared until April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trev said:

Come on Marco...its your year!!

 

Month maybe, week more than likely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

He's played so little over the last few years, I honestly forget he exists.

 

 

Who's this were talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trev said:

Come on Marco...its your year!!

Why... Is his contract up at the end of the year?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I may be in the minority but when he is fit I like the way he plays.  He offers a bit of aggression (which we sorely lack), pace and willingness to make something happen.  If the rumours are true and FF is off to warm the bench at Cardiff then Matias may well be the only way we can inject some invention into the side.  when he played the few games in January and February, I think in partnership with Joao up front, he looked quite dangerous.  Think they were mainly cup games though so against lower league opposition.

 

Personally, I'd like to see him get a run out with Joao and maybe Fletcher in a 3 up front on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

Did he fall over then get up and smack the bloke stacking the crsps aisle?

I texted my brother to tell him and got this reply

 

‘Bellerin has turned vegan to try and rid himself of injuries. Matias who is made of biscuits eats chicken dippers!’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I texted my brother to tell him and got this reply

 

‘Bellerin has turned vegan to try and rid himself of injuries. Matias who is made of biscuits eats chicken dippers!’

 

He probably pretends that he's dribbling with 'em using a cherry tomato for the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nuhiuprime said:

Ink? it's a blog mate, no need to print it.

Server space? Pixels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lestahowl said:

Well, I may be in the minority but when he is fit I like the way he plays.  He offers a bit of aggression (which we sorely lack), pace and willingness to make something happen.  If the rumours are true and FF is off to warm the bench at Cardiff then Matias may well be the only way we can inject some invention into the side.  when he played the few games in January and February, I think in partnership with Joao up front, he looked quite dangerous.  Think they were mainly cup games though so against lower league opposition.

 

Personally, I'd like to see him get a run out with Joao and maybe Fletcher in a 3 up front on Saturday.

 

So FF only fancies one season in the Prem playing for a nut job who'll get the sack by Xmas.

 

lol

 

Don't worry Colin, Talksport will have you back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Under an embargo, he will surely have an important role to play That searing pace can unhinge the best defences

Just done a dribble of wee reading and laughing at this. Pace yes, he is no slug, but searing....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how we play him 

 

If we lump the ball upto him - then he'll be useless

 

He'll beat many defenders for pace in this division if we can play him off shoulder, think his final ball is pants though and nothing to show for his finishing apart from Leeds game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...