Marco Matias

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Abdi takes that accolade for me. Was genuinely excited (albeit aware that it might mean shifting Bannan or Lee in the formation) when he arrived.

God!  Remember those days, thread after thread about how we would fit him in and who would make way and the implications of moving either Bannan or Lee out wide.

Little did I know when I was bored shitless at the time that I was in a period of relative serenity.

• Haha 1

Well, I may be in the minority but when he is fit I like the way he plays.  He offers a bit of aggression (which we sorely lack), pace and willingness to make something happen.  If the rumours are true and FF is off to warm the bench at Cardiff then Matias may well be the only way we can inject some invention into the side.  when he played the few games in January and February, I think in partnership with Joao up front, he looked quite dangerous.  Think they were mainly cup games though so against lower league opposition.

Personally, I'd like to see him get a run out with Joao and maybe Fletcher in a 3 up front on Saturday.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Did he fall over then get up and smack the bloke stacking the crsps aisle?

I texted my brother to tell him and got this reply

‘Bellerin has turned vegan to try and rid himself of injuries. Matias who is made of biscuits eats chicken dippers!’

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I texted my brother to tell him and got this reply

‘Bellerin has turned vegan to try and rid himself of injuries. Matias who is made of biscuits eats chicken dippers!’

He probably pretends that he's dribbling with 'em using a cherry tomato for the ball.

58 minutes ago, Lestahowl said:

Well, I may be in the minority but when he is fit I like the way he plays.  He offers a bit of aggression (which we sorely lack), pace and willingness to make something happen.  If the rumours are true and FF is off to warm the bench at Cardiff then Matias may well be the only way we can inject some invention into the side.  when he played the few games in January and February, I think in partnership with Joao up front, he looked quite dangerous.  Think they were mainly cup games though so against lower league opposition.

Personally, I'd like to see him get a run out with Joao and maybe Fletcher in a 3 up front on Saturday.

So FF only fancies one season in the Prem playing for a nut job who'll get the sack by Xmas.

lol

Don't worry Colin, Talksport will have you back.

Depends how we play him 

If we lump the ball upto him - then he'll be useless

He'll beat many defenders for pace in this division if we can play him off shoulder, think his final ball is pants though and nothing to show for his finishing apart from Leeds game