Marco Matias

If Matias could stay fit it'd be quite exciting having a team of both him and FF attacking in it. I think it could win quite a lot of good will from the fans and at the very least provide a bit of flair to a team that's been lacking in it for so long. Just can't imagine a world that Marco Matias can stay fit in. Please prove me wrong, please...

He's under a cloud at S6 . From being a 'crowd pleaser' he's gone quickly to a 'crowd target' who can do nothing right for the Owls crowd. he might as well pack up, because he is now one of the hate -figures , in whom the crowd will see no good whatsoever.

Then we wonder why players do not want to come to Hillsborough.

Needs to really buck up his ideas if and when he does start again for us. Injured or sent off seem to be his specialty. If there was any chance we could sell him we should! Let’s be honest he’s probably only done 1 great thing for us and that was the goal against Leeds. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

12 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Owlstalk has regular cried out for us to go with more pace.  So why not go with a front three of Matias - Joao - Forestieri?

The paceyist we can field and they can all interchange as well.  Better than boring square pegs football for sure.

Man, I’m making you right Let’s entertain

5 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Who would he replace to start? Joao ? No

fletch No

FF no

Nuihu no 

Dawson

RB        CB              CB          LB

Pelupessy    Bannan

Matias            FF               Reach

Nuhiu

Just my two pence...

EDIT: Not how I'd start against Hull though... just more a Marco Matias shaped option

Edited by StudentOwl

29 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

He's under a cloud at S6 . From being a 'crowd pleaser' he's gone quickly to a 'crowd target' who can do nothing right for the Owls crowd. he might as well pack up, because he is now one of the hate -figures , in whom the crowd will see no good whatsoever.

Then we wonder why players do not want to come to Hillsborough.

He's been a passenger for 2 seasons same as abdi, I don't hate him, I just think he like so many others is nothing more than a disappointment and drain on valuable ffp resources. If you've got parachute payments to subsidise disastrous signings like those two your OK, but in our predicament you need players that are fit, healthy, play regularly and contribute to winning matches, yet him and others give us next to nothing. 

Had a look at fletchers record the other day as I was curious and while he's always scored quite regularly for previous teams even going back to being young in Scotland up to us and Sunderland he's always missed at least a third of the season in almost every season he's been playing, says it all really. 

He shows flashes ala Leeds, but consistency?

If he fired regularly, it would be like having a new player, same with abdi, but its like clinging to a forlorn hope.

When we had Lopez the other year and Venancio last year, you could see the progresson, i can't quite see it with marco

Why Jos was playing Hutchinson, a hard tackling defensive player, in an advanced midfield role baffled me the last two Saturdays. Matias is much more suited to the position and could at least be given another chance there.

He played really well against Reading in the cup last year and I thought, this is it, injury problems behind him but then he's out again for another month. I'd love to see him fit and playing but it's not going to happen is it.

Would love to see us play 433 or 4231 with matias, joao and ff in side but hes not capable of playing 46+ games.

Best thing is probably to bring him on as our super sub most games after 45-65min to either go for a win or salvage a draw.

At least he may be available most of season then.