Marco Matias

Why Jos Luhukay may want to consider handing Marco Matias another chance to try and impress.

The Portuguese attacker's time at Hillsborough has been plagued by injuries. But Owls boss Jos Luhukay seemed to be getting something out of him when he took over from Carlos Carvalhal earlier this year?

Should the Dutchman hand the 29-year-old one last chance to try and showcase his true qualities?

Hit the link below for a read.

https://georgesmithfootball.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/comment-why-jos-luhukay-may-want-to-consider-handing-marco-matias-another-chance-to-try-and-impress/

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why Jos Luhukay may want to consider handing Marco Matias another chance to try and impress.

The Portuguese attacker's time at Hillsborough has been plagued by injuries. But Owls boss Jos Luhukay seemed to be getting something out of him when he took over from Carlos Carvalhal earlier this year?

Should the Dutchman hand the 29-year-old one last chance to try and showcase his true qualities?

Hit the link below for a read.

https://georgesmithfootball.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/comment-why-jos-luhukay-may-want-to-consider-handing-marco-matias-another-chance-to-try-and-impress/

Answers on a postage stamp please 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Lets have a look at his recent league form.

Last 3 starts:-

Sent off on 38

Subbed on 45

Sent off on 45

And that’s over the last 48 games.

Im always optimistic, but Marco stretches my resolve.

Kinda sad that you say his "recent" league form and have to go back 15 months to just to get to the earliest of his last three starts... I think therein might lie the problem for Marco...

Never have I been so optimistic about a signing that's turned into such a flop. From tearing up the Portuguese Premier League to apparently being allergic to a football pitch in the space of 12 months. Disaster really

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah

but it was against Leeds so that’s fine by me

Don't get me wrong

I celebrated like we'd won the Champions League

Just now, Bannofan said:

In what is already a quite bizarre season after just one game, I am looking forward to seeing Matias & Abdi drag us towards the play offs after Christmas as they discover form and fitness previously thought beyond them.

It’s a total long shot of course, but it’s those two, plus the likes of Joao, and of course Forestieri, who could keep DC’s dream alive 

Need them fit first, and then the usually cautious coach to give them a go together