[Rubbish thread title]

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

Thing is for me - even if we got embargoed, points deduction and relegated - after that shock and anger of immediate reaction had gone we'd just start the next season, find some new heroes in our team and crack on

So long as there's a club and our fans can be included to go watch em, listen to em if they can't make the match etc we still have a club and we can still enjoy football.

If there was an outright total absolute ban in the world on any discussion of anything other than the 90 minute game of football everyone would be so much happier

Can’t agree more - I watched the relegation against Palace in a FOB in Afghanistan and wanted to kick the place apart, lucky it was quiet that day! I was gutted but still went the next season in League 1 it’s in the blood and whilst we all moan, we need to get behind the lads. We need to leave the negativity behind and we all know what can happen with a total feel good factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apart from when Bert McGee and the early days of Dave Richards were in charge we always seem to have been run on a wing and a prayer. Whoever comes after Chansiri wont be much good either. Wont stop me supporting those blue and white wizards at S6. 

• Like 1

This is the first and maybe last time that  I  really feel the need to make  a comment on here, I have been watching Wednesday for about 55 years, home and away with Thommo and his brother Steph and then for my sins joining the army, and in all these years I have come to realise I know only 2 things, 1  I was born a Wednesdayite  and 2 I will die a Wednesdayite and In between I will have some great times and some bad times, that's my job,  to support the team I love. I have no idea how to run a football club or what's the best tactics for a game, I have my opinion but it's my opinion and I don't feel the need to become a Keyboard Warrior and tell everyone how things should be done. I just turn up and support my team,.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good thread. Gave the OP one of those little cup symbols cos it's the nearest we'll get to one!

But we'll keep going. Roll on Satdy. Already buzzing. The sight of the perfect pitch. The players walking out & then breaking to run to the kop.

Everybody, as one, clapping & giving it the old Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday. UTO.

ps  Rubbish thread title. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Think I am like many others on this thread, been supporting since 1966 and still get as giddy as a kipper for the first home match.  Will be going down early with my grown up daughter, visit the mega-store to buy her a new replica shirt, then a couple of pints in the New Bridge before strolling down to the ground for 2:30 to soak up the atmosphere and anticipation.  Will be a great day as always that only the performance and result can dampen, but will never spoil the day.  Hope for many more seasons in whatever league as long as it is our Wednesday.  WAWAW 

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

A thread born of passion and the simple delight of supporting the club when times are bad, the OP deserves to see a 100 page thread.  Sadly only negative threads seem to get those lately.

To the OP's one of the best threads in a long time, you are one of the many unsung Wednesday legends.

Edited by Watson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Green Howard Owl said:

This is the first and maybe last time that  I  really feel the need to make  a comment on here, I have been watching Wednesday for about 55 years, home and away with Thommo and his brother Steph and then for my sins joining the army, and in all these years I have come to realise I know only 2 things, 1  I was born a Wednesdayite  and 2 I will die a Wednesdayite and In between I will have some great times and some bad times, that's my job,  to support the team I love. I have no idea how to run a football club or what's the best tactics for a game, I have my opinion but it's my opinion and I don't feel the need to become a Keyboard Warrior and tell everyone how things should be done. I just turn up and support my team,.

Wish you’d post more often to be honest. WAWAW

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Excellent post Mr T .

The only recent thread to have no negative reaction.

How did you think of such a brilliant thread title?

lol

Got to agree mate.

I was disillusioned after Monday night but as all others on this OP, the dust has settled and we'll do what we always do and be there on Saturday.

It's in our blood............WAWAW

• Like 1

I would like to tell you my life as a Wednesdayite, it started as a boy living in the south part of Sheffield Gleadless/Greenhill and 

desperately wanting to go a football match. My dad not having any interest in football - my only chance was my grandad in Shiregreen so I can still remember my first game in 1967 - Burnley ( we beat 2 -1) it was the most exciting thing I had,done the buss and nearly knocking my grandads teeth out as I stood up to celebrate, arms waving around. The school yard football, mine was Jordanthorpe, United against Wednesday and if you scored a goal in that little school yard at the annexe in Greenhill you were in your mind scoring a goal in front of the kop at Hillsborough. So, my mum and dad moved to Teeside, when I was in my teens. So I started my new school in Stockton on tees, I did know what hit me! Every one a Boro fan, I stayed true to the cause Sheffield Wednesday, even the time when we got beat 8 - 0 off Jack Charlton’s promotion winning side in the seventies- it was a long afternoon at Ayresome Park and being with my school friends - the banter was cruel that day. I would try to see Wednesday, whenever I could when my parents visited Sheffield to see relations. 

So life moves on, still Wednesday my team - looking at the ups and downs (mostly downs), playing local football and training with my beloved Sheffield Wednesday football strip on (all the others having Boro kits). I then in my twenties moved to Chester, got married, had children, then the wilderness years started, always following my team and as so many this site, I could not afford to travel and go to the match. Then, just over four years ago my wife passed away (cancer) and I had been nursing her for about a year, whilst doing a full time job. I got to such a point, I can always remember my wife saying to me “Why do you want to see them, pointless, waste of time”! But when I got to Hillsborough, it was against Barnsley - Stuart Gray in charge.... last few  minutes Wednesday score 1 - 0! Relegation eased.

This changed me, the old feelings came back, my wife had now passed away - and coming to Hillsborough on a more frequent basis I was loving it! The people of Sheffield are something else, they didn’t know what had happened to me, but when I sat next to someone, I always talked to them and they to me and had great banter and chat. So, the play off season came, that Sunday before the playoff final, I thought, I’ll try for a ticket - to my biggest surprise I got a ticket for Wembley- going to Wembley with Wednesday, dream come true! We all know the rest. I was enjoying my football so much at Wednesday I got a season ticket, sitting next to a great bloke last season and a friendship has been form

My dad passed away in May this year, yet again cancer and working full time and travelling from Chester to Teeside for hospital appointments, he knew what a difference Sheffield Wednesday had made in my life since my wife had died, he said for what I had done he wanted to buy me a season ticket, for what I had done to try and get him better - so yes,I am thankful him for buying me this seasons, season ticket and this will be my dads season for whatever it brings us.

I know football means different things to different people and we all have own opinions,thoughts,angers,joys but, a few weeks ago I got to see our lads at Carden Park Chester - They were great! - I was like a rabbit in headlights, yes I am 61, but my partner just took hold of the situation and I had photos with a lot of the 1st team squad.

I wrote this tread, due to previous comments and what Sheffield Wednesday has mean’t to me over the years - yes things are tough to which direction/policy we will follow in the coming season, but as fan,supporter, I just wanted to tell you what the owls have mean’t to me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cestrian Owl said:

I would like to tell you my life as a Wednesdayite, it started as a boy living in the south part of Sheffield Gleadless/Greenhill and 

desperately wanting to go a football match. My dad not having any interest in football - my only chance was my grandad in Shiregreen so I can still remember my first game in 1967 - Burnley ( we beat 2 -1) it was the most exciting thing I had,done the buss and nearly knocking my grandads teeth out as I stood up to celebrate, arms waving around. The school yard football, mine was Jordanthorpe, United against Wednesday and if you scored a goal in that little school yard at the annexe in Greenhill you were in your mind scoring a goal in front of the kop at Hillsborough. So, my mum and dad moved to Teeside, when I was in my teens. So I started my new school in Stockton on tees, I did know what hit me! Every one a Boro fan, I stayed true to the cause Sheffield Wednesday, even the time when we got beat 8 - 0 off Jack Charlton’s promotion winning side in the seventies- it was a long afternoon at Ayresome Park and being with my school friends - the banter was cruel that day. I would try to see Wednesday, whenever I could when my parents visited Sheffield to see relations. 

So life moves on, still Wednesday my team - looking at the ups and downs (mostly downs), playing local football and training with my beloved Sheffield Wednesday football strip on (all the others having Boro kits). I then in my twenties moved to Chester, got married, had children, then the wilderness years started, always following my team and as so many this site, I could not afford to travel and go to the match. Then, just over four years ago my wife passed away (cancer) and I had been nursing her for about a year, whilst doing a full time job. I got to such a point, I can always remember my wife saying to me “Why do you want to see them, pointless, waste of time”! But when I got to Hillsborough, it was against Barnsley - Stuart Gray in charge.... last few  minutes Wednesday score 1 - 0! Relegation eased.

This changed me, the old feelings came back, my wife had now passed away - and coming to Hillsborough on a more frequent basis I was loving it! The people of Sheffield are something else, they didn’t know what had happened to me, but when I sat next to someone, I always talked to them and they to me and had great banter and chat. So, the play off season came, that Sunday before the playoff final, I thought, I’ll try for a ticket - to my biggest surprise I got a ticket for Wembley- going to Wembley with Wednesday, dream come true! We all know the rest. I was enjoying my football so much at Wednesday I got a season ticket, sitting next to a great bloke last season and a friendship has been form

My dad passed away in May this year, yet again cancer and working full time and travelling from Chester to Teeside for hospital appointments, he knew what a difference Sheffield Wednesday had made in my life since my wife had died, he said for what I had done he wanted to buy me a season ticket, for what I had done to try and get him better - so yes,I am thankful him for buying me this seasons, season ticket and this will be my dads season for whatever it brings us.

I know football means different things to different people and we all have own opinions,thoughts,angers,joys but, a few weeks ago I got to see our lads at Carden Park Chester - They were great! - I was like a rabbit in headlights, yes I am 61, but my partner just took hold of the situation and I had photos with a lot of the 1st team squad.

I wrote this tread, due to previous comments and what Sheffield Wednesday has mean’t to me over the years - yes things are tough to which direction/policy we will follow in the coming season, but as fan,supporter, I just wanted to tell you what the owls have mean’t to me.

what a lovely read, cheers mate

Hi Cestrian owl I was at that game at Boro with some lads from Killamarsh one of the lads we called big Steve as he looked like Henry the 8th when Boro scored the 1st goal Steve said he would kick a Boro fan every time they scored he gave up as his foot was in too much pain ! crap game but never stopped singing and laughing back home for a beer and re grouped ready for next game. it's what supporting Wednesday is all about, we all laugh together and cry together the clue is in the word " support " that's what we do for the club and each other.

• Like 1

It was a long afternoon - got fed up everyone jumping up out of their seats! 8 times and they won the old second division that day - I can always remember there captain Stuart Boam a beast of a central defender. Were you in the Green Howard Regiment based in Richmond/Catterick? My grandad who I mentioned in my thread was ex Green Howard - 1st world war time,but stationed in India.

Don’t think I’ve ever supported the club more because we had better players or were in a better league, nor inversely less with worse players or in a worse league. After many years practice I’ve learnt to lose more graciously and feel a bit unsure of a new breed of entitlement that has crept in. 

Im glad to read the testimonials of you guys who show we have still got great ‘supporters’ and not just fickle fans. 

It’s not always easy supporting Wednesday but I wouldn’t swap it for anything in the world! 

I was at Catterick  finished my service there, missed the boxing day massacre was in the Ardoyne and Falls Road in Belfast, have got a photo somewhere of a wall at the bottom of the falls road it has IRA, INLA, Provos sprayed on it and underneath SWFC,

still don't think they have worked out what terrorist group SWFC stands for,