[Rubbish thread title]

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Don’t care about views, so I’ve not bothered making it sound interesting.

Don’t care about downvotes ‘cos I’m only really going to be listening to people who are still happy to be Wednesdayites, in whatever capacity, in this thread. If that’s nobody, so be it. I’ll sit on my own.

Not a clapper - I criticise from the stands, chuck toys out the pram when the boardroom drops a clanger, bury my head in my hands when we seem to be run by a comedy flashmob (over and over), and wallow in genuine misery when we lose key games. I’m just someone who goes to see the Owls for the love of the whole insane drama. Not to mention the longstanding family ties, and the heritage, and the fact that we’re midway through a story that will always be ‘unputdownable’ for me, no matter whether we’re in a good chapter or a crap one.

Far away from home at the minute but I’m excited to get back soon, take my seat on the Kop and see what this (probably completely weird and very mixed) season brings. Then next season, and next season, and so on.

Is ANYONE actually doing this ‘cos they love it, or did I miss a meeting where you only like taking part in the bonkers plot when it’s on an upswing? Feels sad as heck around here at the moment and I’d enjoy some genuine perspective from those who feel similarly.

Cue the pitchfork mob, whatever.

Well said mate, ill be there because i support the team like i have for over 40years. Will meet the mates at 11.00am in the local have a drink and a catch up before heading down to hillsborough, where i still get that same buzz i got when i was a kid. There's nothing more that can be said on the negative side that hasn't been said on numerous occasions and done to death. 

Its time to move on even if you think things are bad at the monent. Support the team on Saturday and be what we all should be, SWFC supporters first. 

As the OP has said no pitchforks

Owls fans in my family as far back as around (at least) 1911...  I have been riding the crazy train since the late 60's...   Went through the "Save our Owls" in early 70's... Saw the game that put is into Division 3 for the first time...
Glued myself to the radio/internet for the past 10-15 years and finally got my wish with the advent of iFollow which now means I can watch the games  YAY...

I am never ever surprised at the goings on at Hillsborough...  We have been through more downs than ups in my lifetime... I cherish the highs.. and carry on through the lows because I love the club... Not even 3,000 or so miles stop me from following the Owls!!

As for this season - I am not totally optimistic that we can go up (but we could)... I do, however, believe we are better than at least 3 other teams... A decent run of games plus a few surprise youngsters coming up through the ranks... could happen...right??  

• Like 4

I pointed out long ago the issues within the club, i was called a blade and negged at every point. The funny thing is, on Sunday i was at the Community Shield, i went with my sister and nephew (who has been taking an interest in Chelsea as his team to support). The atmosphere in the Chelsea was awful, fans turning up to take their seats 35 minutes after kick off. It screamed tin pot fans. 

On Thursday, i'd bought 4 tickets for this Saturday's home game against Hull. It's cost me £168. I massively disagree with the way DC is running the club, i've invested thousands over the years and yet despite the lies and deceit coming from the sharks at the club, i'll still be forking out this season to support the team that all my family do. I do get excited, i do get annoyed when we lose, i love the roller coaster, but i also just want a fair ride. My investment now comes at a cost. More fans need to start applying some logic and critical thinking when it comes to the club. 

• Like 3

58 years an OWL,some on here think things are bad,this is nothing to what we've had in the past.As above still get the buzz when entering Hillsborough.Supporting Wednesday or any other club is unconditional,you either do it or aren't really into it.

Looking in from a far,I see people with thousands of post whingeing and moaning about everything and anything ,try getting out more.

Whilst giving Mr Chansiri a good kicking on here maybe those who always know better should scan down the list of those queuing to take on our famous club.

We have some excellent players here and they will play there hearts out,footballers don't go out to play badly,but not everyone plays well every game,those who have played the game know that.

3 points Saturday and we're on our way.

• Like 2

I go because I enjoy watching football in general and Wednesday in particular.  I don't think I could stop now even if I wanted to.  I'm hooked on it and have been for 40 odd years.  So is my son now.  We go together and have done for the last 14 years,  for that reason alone it's money well spent. 

I don't take it for granted. I appreciate it's relatively expensive now to go and that I  am blessed enough to afford it. I always  try to enjoy the game although I carp and moan.  I hate the swearing but love the banter.  SWFC is in me I suppose and it won't go away.  So in answer to the OP.  I love it! If I didn't I wouldn't bother.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 4

Born and brought up on Leppings Lane , spent my formative years in The Gate and still get the buzz. It’s in my DNA!

It’s personal for me and many thousands more and when our club is vilified by poisonous, twisted, bile filled non fans we close ranks and come out fighting....... I’m in!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Don’t care about downvotes ‘cos I’m only really going to be listening to people who are still happy to be Wednesdayites, in whatever capacity, in this thread. If that’s nobody, so be it. I’ll sit on my own.

Not a clapper - I criticise from the stands, chuck toys out the pram when the boardroom drops a clanger, bury my head in my hands when we seem to be run by a comedy flashmob (over and over), and wallow in genuine misery when we lose key games. I’m just someone who goes to see the Owls for the love of the whole insane drama. Not to mention the longstanding family ties, and the heritage, and the fact that we’re midway through a story that will always be ‘unputdownable’ for me, no matter whether we’re in a good chapter or a crap one.

Far away from home at the minute but I’m excited to get back soon, take my seat on the Kop and see what this (probably completely weird and very mixed) season brings. Then next season, and next season, and so on.

Is ANYONE actually doing this ‘cos they love it, or did I miss a meeting where you only like taking part in the bonkers plot when it’s on an upswing? Feels sad as heck around here at the moment and I’d enjoy some genuine perspective from those who feel similarly.

I think this is a very relevant post mate - well said

No matter what league or division we are in, so long as there is a Sheffield Wednesday and fans are able to afford to go to the games and be involved then ultimately we will (whether you think so or not) as a fanbase be perfectly happy. 

It's all about the football.

Players come and go and we can create heroes no matter what league we are in

UP THE OWLS

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I feel exactly like that but couldn't have put it half as eloquently.

• Like 2

If our support was based on great football and winning trophies there would only be a few supporters...but it isn't it's forged in despair and defeat and this makes the good times all that sweeter. It also reminds some of us that we are in a far better place than we've been previously...LIKE IT OR LUMP IT

• Like 4

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

If our support was based on great football and winning trophies there would only be a few supporters...but it isn't it's forged in despair and defeat and this makes the good times all that sweeter. It also reminds some of us that we are in a far better place than we've been previously...LIKE IT OR LUMP IT

Agreed

Thing is for me - even if we got embargoed, points deduction and relegated - after that shock and anger of immediate reaction had gone we'd just start the next season, find some new heroes in our team and crack on

So long as there's a club and our fans can be included to go watch em, listen to em if they can't make the match etc we still have a club and we can still enjoy football.

If there was an outright total absolute ban in the world on any discussion of anything other than the 90 minute game of football everyone would be so much happier

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

Thing is for me - even if we got embargoed, points deduction and relegated - after that shock and anger of immediate reaction had gone we'd just start the next season, find some new heroes in our team and crack on

So long as there's a club and our fans can be included to go watch em, listen to em if they can't make the match etc we still have a club and we can still enjoy football.

If there was an outright total absolute ban in the world on any discussion of anything other than the 90 minute game of football everyone would be so much happier

We'd still be talking bolax but in the pub lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To paraphrase the groundsmans notice  "optimism grows by the inch and is destroyed by the foot" anyone who went to Preston last year will know exactly how that felt .  Even standing behind the goal at Wigan aint got me in the mental state as I was coming out of Deepdale:rolleyes:

• Like 1

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
It matters that you don't just give up.”

Stephen Hawking

Excellent OP.

The Chairman showed immense moral courage to stand up and face what he felt might have been a hostile mob on Monday. Those who are very willing to give him and his family ridiculous levels of abuse could really learn from that. But, you know, I really think those people are a tiny minority of our fan base and they are given a platform from which to shout by Owlstalk and other social media. 

By the way I never expected the Wigan game to be anything but tough, one of the very toughest games of the season. I felt at times we defended well and at other times poorly. But I was really encouraged by some of our attacking play and the way we never gave up. 

• Like 1

Feel pretty priced out after having a season ticket for 5 years.

Might begrudgingly pay on the gate Saturday and just suck it up.

Can't listen on the radio, can't get away tickets.  Will have to explore other options

If I decide to go Saturday, once i've made the decision I wont moan about it.

Football 'could' be good and we might win a few matches. Whether we agree or not we still have a good squad, for the moment.

• Like 1