#SWFC News | Sheffield Wednesday: Owls confirm they are under transfer embargo

1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Is this the update that was supposed to remain within the confines of last night's meeting?

BBC Radio Sheffield's revenge?

Get over yourself.

It was leaked last night anyway so it's in the public domain.  No point suppressing it.

Revenge?

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Don't take EVERYTHING I post so literally

I've actually just seen the Star article that predated the BBC 'bulletin' by about three hours

It's hard to pick up anything bar the literal meaning from your post! Soz. 

:duntmatter:

So it’s now August. We’ve been on an embargo at least four months and still no communication from the club unless you were there last night. Starting to get really pissed off with the lack of clarity from the club.  I’ve wasted most of my summer waiting for news that was never going to come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So it’s now August. We’ve been on an embargo at least four months and still no communication from the club unless you were there last night. Starting to get really pissed off with the lack of clarity from the club.  I’ve wasted most of my summer waiting for news that was never going to come. 

From reports it sounds like it was kept quiet at the request of EFL while negotiations were/are ongoing.

Not sure if that is wholly the case but that's how it seems to me.

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Would've saved a lot of time and effort spent reading the 'summer mega transfer thread'  lollollol

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Me too. Wading through 250 pages of the transfer rumours thread for nowt. :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

You see thats whats annoyed me.

DC knew about the embargo but came out with the survey on keeping prices high so we can afford top players coming in to sell season tickets 

When all along DC knew that we couldn't get anyone in at all.thats never fair is it...

Thing is about Top Players, Top Players are seldom Top Players !

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

DC knew about the embargo but came out with the survey on keeping prices high so we can afford top players coming in to sell season tickets 

When all along DC knew that we couldn't get anyone in at all.thats never fair is it...

The survey didn't mention bringing more top players in; it mentioned continued investment at a similar level.

Given that we were already straining at the limits of what's allowed under P&S, keeping the vast majority of our best players whilst trying to get ourselves out of the embargo would seem to constitute continued investment at a similar level, to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The survey didn't mention bringing more top players in; it mentioned continued investment at a similar level.

Given that we were already straining at the limits of what's allowed under P&S, keeping the vast majority of our best players whilst trying to get ourselves out of the embargo would seem to constitute continued investment at a similar level, to be fair.

It sounds like downsizing to get under P&S limits to me.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

The survey was at the beginning of February. 

The embargo was in effect from April.