Let’s try Mr Chansiri’s way

Guest wilyfox

Fans will always respond in kind to the performance on the pitch, positively or negatively. If he thinks fans will encourage every time we misplace a pass, fail to mark opposing players, and repeatedly lose second balls, then he doesn't understand the basic notion that players must inspire the fans - not the other way around. 

The Mr Chansiri way?

I've just bought a house I can't afford, furnished it with luxuries that will significantly drop in value which I also can't afford, a top end super car I can't afford, and maxed out the credit cards with a bunch of other stuff, and I plan on paying for it by winning the Lottery even though I rarely play it. I did this all because some people on the Internet asked me to, it's not my fault.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

He’s playing with the clubs future. He admitted last night there’s huge issues for next season if we don’t go up and yet he’s risking it all again for this season!

Id rather see us sell the likes of Bannan and Forestieri and anyone else if it means we aren’t going to end up in a serious situation like we was in 2011. 

Lost a lot of respect for him last night blaming fans for abuse... I personally have never seen any or heard any and I genuinely think he doesn’t understand constructive criticism... yet every one of his family were more than happy to walk around owls in the park and meet these fans that have all been abusing them. 

Saying we bought Rhodes and we sold Hunt is the most embarrassing thing he said.

DC is doing his best IMO, there have been errors but he is trying to do the right things, give him a break. If we had been promoted there wouldn't be all this going on, we came close but not close enough. Moaning at him and other fans won't solve our problems!

2 hours ago, Kameron said:

Th problem is he doesn’t have a way, no amount of positivity is going to prevent what’s coming.  Unless he finds a serious injection of cash to reduce the clubs debts we’re f o o ked.  My bigger fear is that he doesn’t have the cash after this season to pay for the day to day running of the club, I personally think he’s blown almost all of his money and that explains the desperation that came across last night.  

It's not about his cash, its about the clubs economic situation. He can't just put the cash in to fix the problem we have to not waste(for want of a better word), it. 

I have no doubt at the moment Chansiri has lost millions being owner of Sheffield Wednesday.

I don't have any sympathy for him though, sure he wont be going into Asda 10 mins before if closes for a cheap loaf of bread anytime soon.

It was gamble he took, if we had won that play off game v Hull he would have doubles or tripled his money over night. That was the risk he took.

3 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

He wants more positivity around the club and especially players. Due to them being scared last year.  To some extent I can understand this. The players do although get paid handsomely for their job.  If I was scared at work I’d get the sack.

So let’s try and be positive around the club and players. If we do that and we fail then what excuse does Mr Chansiri have then? The atmosphere at Hillsborough can be toxic and like a library at times too. Let’s make a good atmosphere.

I remember all of us staying behind at Wembley after the playoff final. We were proud of the team, they were in awe of our support.

I certainly don’t agree with everything he said last night. From what I’ve read if you have any problems with the cost speak to Alistair. For the more rounded guy, like me, that might want a shirt speak with Alistair.

This is our great club. Let’s make going to Hillsborough a positive thing. I know I’ll get lots of negs for this but never mind

Can anyone confirm whether Alistair has called in ill today?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The Mr Chansiri way?

I've just bought a house I can't afford, furnished it with luxuries that will significantly drop in value which I also can't afford, a top end super car I can't afford, and maxed out the credit cards with a bunch of other stuff, and I plan on paying for it by winning the Lottery even though I rarely play it. I did this all because some people on the Internet asked me to, it's not my fault.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

That's all nonsense apart from the Lottery bit and possibly the bit about someone on the Internet unless it was you who did that?

1 minute ago, pioowl said:

That's all nonsense apart from the Lottery bit and possibly the bit about someone on the Internet unless it was you who did that?

Mr Chansiri has bought a football club and needs to charge obscene prices for tickets, exec boxes, sponsorship, merchandise, etc. to run it - his words, he "can't do it on his own".

Mr Chansiri has bought in a lot of players on big contracts - a lot of whom we'll not see a return on.

Mr Chansiri spent money on Jordan Rhodes that we could not afford - he's since been shipped out on loan to Norwich.

Rhodes' signing, along with others I'm sure, means we can't invest in the squad this season and are left with gaping holes in the squad.

Mr Chansiri said last night that promotion is a must last night, otherwise it's bad news - so the reports of that meeting last night say anyway (apologies if this is misinformation).

Mr Chansiri said he bought Rhodes because the fans wanted him to - I assume this was via social media as surely 100's/1,000's of fans didn't go up to him at games and ask for Rhodes? Again, this was as reported last night, apologies if it's misinformation.

So, which part is utter nonsense?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

I remember all of us staying behind at Wembley after the playoff final. We were proud of the team, they were in awe of our support.

The annoying thing here it that most of the team last season - who were apparently scared to play - were involved at Wembley that day. So, they know exactly what support they'll get from our fans.

4 hours ago, Kameron said:

Th problem is he doesn’t have a way, no amount of positivity is going to prevent what’s coming.  Unless he finds a serious injection of cash to reduce the clubs debts we’re f o o ked.  My bigger fear is that he doesn’t have the cash after this season to pay for the day to day running of the club, I personally think he’s blown almost all of his money and that explains the desperation that came across last night.  

Its nothing to do with debts. Its ffp. He has put in the amount he is allowed so now its down to us not spending more than 39m over the amount we bring in after he has put in money. We dont have a massive amount coming in from retail and ticket sales to counter the massive wages he has saddled us with. So due to the losses growing year on year with those wages we are not going to make ffp by more and more each year. We are not actually in financial trouble we are just not making the ffp regulations as his cash injections wont count towards what we are being measured by. So we will be stopped from making transfers and renewing contracts and be forced to rely on youth. Which thankfully is the only part of the whole club looking in good shape at the moment. Unfortunately very few good young players fulfill their early potential, we just need to hope ours do. 

5 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

He wants more positivity around the club and especially players. Due to them being scared last year.  To some extent I can understand this. The players do although get paid handsomely for their job.  If I was scared at work I’d get the sack.

So let’s try and be positive around the club and players. If we do that and we fail then what excuse does Mr Chansiri have then? The atmosphere at Hillsborough can be toxic and like a library at times too. Let’s make a good atmosphere.

I certainly don’t agree with everything he said last night. From what I’ve read if you have any problems with the cost speak to Alistair. For the more rounded guy, like me, that might want a shirt speak with Alistair.

This is our great club. Let’s make going to Hillsborough a positive thing. I know I’ll get lots of negs for this but never mind

Is it not up to the team to gee up the fans to improve the atmosphere.

A very simple way that costs no money, the fans will appreciate and it may even breed better thinGs

PLAY POSITIVE FOOTBALL NOT ALL OUT DEFENSE THAT SEEMS TO BE JOS WAY

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Its nothing to do with debts. Its ffp. He has put in the amount he is allowed so now its down to us not spending more than 39m over the amount we bring in after he has put in money. We dont have a massive amount coming in from retail and ticket sales to counter the massive wages he has saddled us with. So due to the losses growing year on year with those wages we are not going to make ffp by more and more each year. We are not actually in financial trouble we are just not making the ffp regulations as his cash injections wont count towards what we are being measured by. So we will be stopped from making transfers and renewing contracts and be forced to rely on youth. Which thankfully is the only part of the whole club looking in good shape at the moment. Unfortunately very few good young players fulfill their early potential, we just need to hope ours do. 

We're losing 20 odd million per season, I'd call that financial trouble.