Let’s try Mr Chansiri’s way

He wants more positivity around the club and especially players. Due to them being scared last year.  To some extent I can understand this. The players do although get paid handsomely for their job.  If I was scared at work I’d get the sack.

So let’s try and be positive around the club and players. If we do that and we fail then what excuse does Mr Chansiri have then? The atmosphere at Hillsborough can be toxic and like a library at times too. Let’s make a good atmosphere.

I remember all of us staying behind at Wembley after the playoff final. We were proud of the team, they were in awe of our support.

I certainly don’t agree with everything he said last night. From what I’ve read if you have any problems with the cost speak to Alistair. For the more rounded guy, like me, that might want a shirt speak with Alistair.

This is our great club. Let’s make going to Hillsborough a positive thing. I know I’ll get lots of negs for this but never mind

W

2 minutes ago, Northanstonowl said:

He wants more positivity around the club and especially players. Due to them being scared last year.  To some extent I can understand this. The players do although get paid handsomely for their job.  If I was scared at work I’d get the sack. 

So let’s try and be positive around the club and players. If we do that and we fail then what excuse does Mr Chansiri have then? The atmosphere at Hillsborough can be toxic and like a library at times too. Let’s make a good atmosphere.

I remember all of us staying behind at Wembley after the playoff final. We were proud of the team, they were in awe of our support.

I certainly don’t agree with everything he said last night. From what I’ve read if you have any problems with the cost speak to Alistair. For the more rounded guy, like me, that might want a shirt speak with Alistair.

This is our great club. Let’s make going to Hillsborough a positive thing. I know I’ll get lots of negs for this but never mind

Who was scared, three quarters of the team were in the treatment room.

• Haha 6

most people are, and will.  Sadly the voices of those calling for the chairmans head will be loudest....and will get louder.  

Players get paid ridiculously well, that wont change at any club, if people cant get past that fact then its their problem.

He has to make us financially sound and his words come across as its our fault which people just cant stomach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northanstonowl said:

Wembley proved winning has nothing to do with the backing you get. 

If that backing wasn’t enough then there’s no hope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Guest Kameron

Th problem is he doesn’t have a way, no amount of positivity is going to prevent what’s coming.  Unless he finds a serious injection of cash to reduce the clubs debts we’re f o o ked.  My bigger fear is that he doesn’t have the cash after this season to pay for the day to day running of the club, I personally think he’s blown almost all of his money and that explains the desperation that came across last night.  

Edited by Kameron

I agree, I've been critical but understand we are in a position where the EFL are flipping us over with a stupid arbitrary limit on spending.

OK So some signings haven't worked but  most on paper should have been good enough .

It's easy to forget the previous 10-15 years when we shopped on the bargain basement. This situation is far from ideal but is as a result on unprecedented investment.

We have long been a loss making business to the extent we were close to being wound up and sense the genuine frustration of DC being limited on how much he can invest. It's not entirely DC's fault we make a loss, this is a given for every EFL club unless they sell their best players, fortunately we have an owner willing to cover those losses but restricted by EFL. 

I think DC would like to keep more of those out of contract next season, whereas the fans would agree most should be released, therefore no bad thing to help FFP going  forward.

It is what it is, external pressure and restrictions from the EFL will kill this season (and probably next), it's not fair in the slightest but have had my whinge and a moan at the club and will approach this season with a more positive attitude to make sure we stay in the league.

We've done it his way since he got here (ignoring everyone's advice in spite of admitting he knows nothing about football).

He's learn't nothing in his tenure and shows no sign of doing so. Now we're up the proverbial creek with families that have gone for generations now priced out of going and also listening on the radio.

I would never abuse him or his family but I'd like him to leave.

The same thing was said before Megson came in, the players are scared of Hillsborough. This is by no means a cult of Megson post but he did something right in erradicating that. He built a team that would put 100% effort in for 90 minutes. If we see 100% effort at Hillsborough then the majority of us dont give the players a hard time if they miss the odd shot or make a stray pass. 

• Like 1

Some players may have been scared last season, maybe quite a few of them.

But some players just genuinely underperformed, despite collecting big wages whilst we pay £40 a ticket.

He doesn't help himself by making such sweeping statements which ultimately blame us for last season's poo show.

1 minute ago, Shipley Owl said:

He doesn't help himself by making such sweeping statements which ultimately blame us for last season's poo show

Mightily impressed by the Owlstalk profanity checker by the way. Good work at tidying up my unsavoury language.

:stuwinky:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Northanstonowl said:

Not a neg but what DC said last night about we get promoted this season or we are in the s*!t surely that's not positive for the players or the fans .Instant pressure

1 hour ago, clud17 said:

The same thing was said before Megson came in, the players are scared of Hillsborough. This is by no means a cult of Megson post but he did something right in erradicating that. He built a team that would put 100% effort in for 90 minutes. If we see 100% effort at Hillsborough then the majority of us dont give the players a hard time if they miss the odd shot or make a stray pass. 

Exactly. That’s why the team were booed off at half time on Saturday but not at full time. At 3-1 down they put a shift in and got a lot more cheers than boos at the end. Scared my backside. 

Guest wilyfox
49 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Lost all credibility I am afraid.

Lots of bridge building to do and I honestly think it may be beyond repair.

I agree. The megathread has destroyed you .

1 hour ago, clud17 said:

If we see 100% effort at Hillsborough then the majority of us dont give the players a hard time if they miss the odd shot or make a stray pass. 

I know the majority of fans at Hillsborough don't give the players a hard time, but it doesn't remove the fact that most misplaced passes sound like we've just conceded.  

And lets be fair now...we've not got any Jay Bothroyd's anymore, our players do run their socks off.  You have to give them that...