Sheffield Wednesday Fans Forum - Overview

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The only faintly optimistic thing I can think of is that by ‘trouble’ he means some big sales and inability to renew some big contracts next summer. So it would ‘solve’ the situation but leave the squad in a very different state.

You've got to think if promotion is our saving grace (No matter how delusional it is) that we are going have to retain some of the big hitters and hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You've got to think if promotion is our saving grace (No matter how delusional it is) that we are going have to retain some of the big hitters and hope for the best. 

Yeah totally, if that’s what the ‘plan’ is then we absolutely need those players. I meant in January (if it’s not going to ‘plan’) or the summer. He’s fond of holding onto players so losing them might be the trouble he refers to.

To be honest I’ve no confidence in this being the case but without knowing the financial details that were shared this would be at least one possible interpretation.

Was external investment mentioned? Because from where I’m sitting the plan to get us out of this mess is effectively a watered down version of what got us here in the first place. 

I’m all for miracles but I fail to see how an aging squad with no new investment will do better than what they’ve done in the last 3 years. 

We are effectively hoping for a miracle. 

2 minutes ago, holyrollernovocaine said:

Can we get a Chansiri in/out poll?

It's not even an option. It is not like sacking a manager and getting another. We are well up s h i t creek without a paddle right now. If he were to go, that s h i t would just get deeper and thicker. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The Chairman can't just leave.

He'd have to sell the club to another chairman

Exactly - therefore whether he stays or goes is not an option for the foreseeable future and would create a far worse situation if he did. Hence there is no justification or rationale for such a poll.

I’m firmly in the camp of selling the crown jewels, clearing the decks and starting again. If that involves relegation, so be it. The likes of Leeds, Wolves, Southampton have done, and so can we. 

After all, these crown jewels have got finishing 14th last season, and a thrashing at Wigan. 

The whole club needs a financial re-set. 

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No comment mate - simply for the reason that if it's the fans fault and social media's fault that we're in this mess then I'm bowing out and not commenting any longer. I'm just going to be a silent moderator now

Hope I'm wrong Neil but you seem very spooked after last night's meeting and I can't help feeling that Owlstalk is intensely scrutinised by the club, more so than ever ? 

If the chairman keeps on referring to the abuse on online sites/messages etc.... How the hell are you going to moderate the site in regards to this ?

Especially if things take an even worse turn from here on in, on and off the pitch ? Did Mr C ask you for help when you spoke with him in this regard ? If you can't say anything that's fair enough mate.

Thanks for the summary.

Unfortunately it makes me even more concerned than the snippets I gleaned last night.

So many inconsistencies in what the chairman said. Full marks to him for fronting up but being open doesnt excuse what is being stated.  

The "why didnt you criticise Carlos when he was here" bit is staggering. Apparently he hears us when we want to sign players, and get rid of them (did the Hunt comment actually happen?) but has selective deafness at other times.

Its a shame that people brand other fans who don't accept what is happening to our club (yes I know he owns it) as negative morons, and think that sweeping all the mistakes under the carpet and "getting behind" (whatever that means), the chairman is our way out of a mess that he needs to take full responsibility for.

Will he walk away? TBH I hope he does and will take whatever comes afterwards in the hope that it starts to connect with the fans again.

My season ticket arrived today, I will be there on Saturday, and I will be fully behind these highly paid players who are wearing our shirts from start to finish.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

His team, advisors, he still uses the same one he used in the first season apart from the coach. It hasn’t changed. Roeder & the committee didn’t do anything re recruitment.

First year Carlos knew nothing about English football so advisers provided options. Second year 100% Carlos signing players.

This is the salient part as far as I'm concerned.

If this be true, it's Carlito who's responsible for the signings which represent poor value.

DC blaming everyone and anyone for his own failing.

The phrase a 'fool and his money' come to mind when I think of him.

We have no plan to sort the issues we are still in the never never land that promotions will sort everything.

The difference is we have gone backwards over the last 18 months, team invest millions in players just to stand still, we have invested nothing only wasted money on players we don't play. We must have the biggest wage bill of players that don't actually play any games of any team in this league. 

From last night I got one answer to the question I wanted to know does DC have a plan to correct the issues and the answer is simple no - Its all the fans fault because we don't waste thousands and thousands on players such as Abdi, Matias, Fletcher and Jones.

We need to offload the dross but instead our plan is wait until they are out of contract and we have lost another £20m.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m firmly in the camp of selling the crown jewels, clearing the decks and starting again. If that involves relegation, so be it. The likes of Leeds, Wolves, Southampton have done, and so can we. 

After all, these crown jewels have got finishing 14th last season, and a thrashing at Wigan. 

The whole club needs a financial re-set. 

He should just have the gonads to make the decisions that are right for the club. If that means selling off some of the fans' favourites, regardless of how unpalatable it is, he needs to do it.

1 minute ago, Mr Mercury said:

Hope I'm wrong Neil but you seem very spooked after last night's meeting and I can't help feeling that Owlstalk is intensely scrutinised by the club, more so than ever ? 

If the chairman keeps on referring to the abuse on online sites/messages etc.... How the hell are you going to moderate the site in regards to this ?

Especially if things take an even worse turn from here on in, on and off the pitch ? Did Mr C ask you for help when you spoke with him in this regard ? If you can't say anything that's fair enough mate.

The site's not being scrutinised more than any other time mate - just that the chairman is currently extremely sensitive to criticism. 

Re moderation - the chairman's asked for criticism to be fair and constructive. I agree with that sentiment. Obviously we can only do what we can do on this site and we will try to ensure this is the case. I ask for all members cooperation with that and that includes the fans that come on just to mock and goad other posters who are questioning/being critical of the chairman.

We have a tough job as it's a bit like trying to moderate Twitter.

For me the whole fan criticism thing comes secondary to what's happening at the football club which looks like being serious, but I will still be working on Owlstalk to make it a more constructive place as we all want that anyway.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

I hate all these clubs being sponsored by betting, pay day loans etc. I don’t want our club to promote ways for people to get into debt.

Have you see the clubs offer of how to pay for your season ticket over a longer period if you are unable to afford your season ticket, buy signing up to an agreement where you get into debt getting something that you clearly cannot afford, pray tell how does this differ.

• Thanks 1

Seen a few times that Chansiri has asked fans to trust him. Just speaking for myself I don't trust him.

I don't think he is a crook or anything like problems some clubs have had but I don't trust him to be chairman and owner of a club like Wednesday.

Comes across as close to being s*** or bust this season. Not the way to run a football club.

Also talks like money is the answer to every problem in football. Yes money goes a long way but you have to know how to use it properly as well which in my opinion he isn't.