@owlstalk

Sheffield Wednesday Fans Forum - Overview

Good read.

feel happier from reading that, than some of the hysteria.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

I was enjoying reading the full thread before it got pulled...but thanks for the summary.   

So what now?

14 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Good read.

feel happier from reading that, than some of the hysteria.

Going on my experience of working in Asia, there's a risk of things being lost in translation or come across differently (more blunt) than what was intended.  However, I wasn't there, so I'll be eager to listen to others on their opinions, 

I don’t understand this bit,  the ticket prices do t even cover the back room staff!!!  We need more people to buy tickets that’s our main revenue ? 

Hes admitting it doesn’t make a dent then saying this is what we need to do.  You see this is why I’m scaref to death for the future of our club, we really do t have any sort of plan what so ever by the sound s of it. 

Get sales people in who know about corporate sponsorship, do t make it silly as he rightly says people have perceptions of outside premier league tea ms treat that as it is and maximise what you can ffs. 

Its all well well and good saying trust me but I just don’t see anything their to trust and I don’t mean his intentions to try his best, Ofc he doesn’t want to lose money, im not stupid no one does but for me from mi ute one of walking I to our club the only thought was premier league and premier league money.  What was the plan if it didn’t happen? What is the plan now apart from us carrying on trusting something that has no foundations and is built on sand ? 

The wreckless throwing money around has damaged us short term, the wreckless disregard for pricing across the board at the club has and is damaging the club for many years possibly decades to come with future fans and revenue. 

Sorry but cutti g through all of this meeting what is the plan now apart from appease the ffp and maybe sell players and hope for the best with what we have? Is it really just trust me I’m doing my best? 

Im not trying to be deliberately harsh it’s just hard not to be.  What are the plans to stop future fan loss now we are cutting our cloth on finances but still charging pricing?

what are we doing to keep this a family club that we keep getting told it is? Because for me and many others with families it isn’t affordable to bring our family.  

Im just a bit lost as to how trust me it’s my second home and I’m doing my best is goi g to cut it. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 6

Why did the previous thread get pulled ? 

The key bit is the bit that isn’t reported. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The key bit is the bit that isn’t reported. 

Strange how the Football league apparently says we can’t talk about it. Why would they not want us talking about it?

Why would they care if we’re talking about being under an embargo or not?

• Agree 1

His team, advisors, he still uses the same one he used in the first season apart from the coach. It hasn’t changed. Roeder & the committee didn’t do anything re recruitment.

First year Carlos knew nothing about English football so advisers provided options. Second year 100% Carlos signing players.

This is the salient part as far as I'm concerned.

If this be true, it's Carlito who's responsible for the signings which represent poor value.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Strange how the Football league apparently says we can’t talk about it. Why would they not want us talking about it?

Why would they care if we’re talking about being under an embargo or not?

Not sure. I don’t understand it either, but it’s dissapointing that we’ve allowed ourselves to make what seems an unavoidable problem with it  

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

His team, advisors, he still uses the same one he used in the first season apart from the coach. It hasn’t changed. Roeder & the committee didn’t do anything re recruitment.

First year Carlos knew nothing about English football so advisers provided options. Second year 100% Carlos signing players.

This is the salient part as far as I'm concerned.

If this be true, it's Carlito who's responsible for the signings which represent poor value.

well seen as it was said by chansiri that he signed Rhodes coz the fans wanted him then that doesn't add up that he was a carlos signing …...

Why can’t we have a shirt sponsor as well as Chansiri? A main sponsor on the front, Chansiri on back or sleeves - he puts in the same amount as now but we get an extra few million from some online bookies?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2