Starts to seasons

After 7 games in 15/16 we had only 6 points - Play off final

after 5 games in 16/17 we had only 5 points - Play off semi final

after 5 games in 17/18 we had only 6 points - 15th

1 game does not make a season guys and does not clearly show where we are going to finish. 5,6,7 games don't either.

This team has a strong spine Lees, Bannan and Fessi. Lets not panic after 1 defeat. We have a long season ahead and we are playing in stripes.

Off the pitch might be a mess but on the pitch could still be a good season. I for one can't wait to get to Hillsborough with my season card and watch us destroy Hull on Saturday. Proper football is back. WAWAW.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't think people are as concerned about us not beating Wigan. Its more off the field thats the current concern. Its too early to tell how we'll be affected by things. 

Seen some saying we look miles behind rest of the division, that we are going to struggle because of Wigan game, long hard season ahead etc etc.

Just trying to add balance that the season could very much be awesome too. Getting only doom and gloom when i haven't had a chance to step in Hillsborough yet.

When things are bad off the pitch it generally transfers to what happens on the pitch. And when you don't freshen up a squad with new additions, things generally go a bit stale. 

We need to play more attacking football and we need the chairman to come out and show some honesty/transparency, accept he's made mistakes and then we can all start pulling in the right direction. Hopefully he does that tonight.

There's a general air of gloom around the club.  

Rip off poor quality merchandise. 

Two years in Ipswich kit 

Empty executive boxes. 

Ridiculously overpriced membership fees 

Laughable POTG charges. 

150 year celebrations (non event)

Most of the clubs problems are self inflicted.  The actual team could yet finish top half but it may not lift the gloom. 

19 minutes ago, deano said:

Things arent looking positive, however that would soon change if Jos would play attacking football and had a real go at teams. 

The game before Wigan we won 5-1. I think he will play 3 up top against Hull.

Unfortunately we always seem to start the season slowly and end up well behind the pace after only a few games.

Since we won 4 on the bounce to top the Premier League at the start of 96-97, the only good starts we've had were both in League One, 3 wins from 4 (after losing 0-3 at home to Colchester on the opening day) in 2004 when we went on to scrape into the playoffs after faltering badly and needing Sturrock to come in and turn things around, and oddly enough 3 from 4 in 2010 under Irvine after which we plummeted and ended up having the second worst season in our league history.

25 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

There's a general air of gloom around the club.  

Rip off poor quality merchandise. 

Two years in Ipswich kit 

Empty executive boxes. 

Ridiculously overpriced membership fees 

Laughable POTG charges. 

150 year celebrations (non event)

Most of the clubs problems are self inflicted.  The actual team could yet finish top half but it may not lift the gloom. 

I agree with all the issues you state above. But i think people are letting those issues cloud their judgement of the team and the on field performance. off the field needs sorting, on the field could yet be very interesting in my eyes.

At least we have stripes now, If we just let a proper company make the merch and bring ticket prices down then it would solve so many issues. But i think i might as well say that to the wall.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:
Unfortunately we always seem to start the season slowly and end up well behind the pace after only a few games.

Since we won 4 on the bounce to top the Premier League at the start of 96-97, the only good starts we've had were both in League One, 3 wins from 4 (after losing 0-3 at home to Colchester on the opening day) in 2004 when we went on to scrape into the playoffs after faltering badly and needing Sturrock to come in and turn things around, and oddly enough 3 from 4 in 2010 under Irvine after which we plummeted and ended up having the second worst season in our league history.

Exactly. I we lose 6 straight then i grant you that would be worrying. But eveyone laughed at Palace last season in the PL after a awful start and ended up mid table. Fulham drew their first 3 games last year and got promoted. You can see why managers don't look at the table until later in the year.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Exactly. I we lose 6 straight then i grant you that would be worrying. But eveyone laughed at Palace last season in the PL after a awful start and ended up mid table. Fulham drew their first 3 games last year and got promoted. You can see why managers don't look at the table until later in the year.

I didn't really post those stats as a source of comfort! It's actually very worrying and frustrating that we never start well, points dropped at the start of the season are every bit as important as those dropped during the run-in. Poor starts just add more pressure and, when automatic promotion is the realistic target as it has been for the last couple of years, you're virtually writing it off after a month of the season because the gap is too big to make up.

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I didn't really post those stats as a source of comfort! It's actually very worrying and frustrating that we never start well, points dropped at the start of the season are every bit as important as those dropped during the run-in. Poor starts just add more pressure and, when automatic promotion is the realistic target as it has been for the last couple of years, you're virtually writing it off after a month of the season because the gap is too big to make up.

Even a good start to the season can end in disaster, plus if we beat Hull then it will not be that bad a start. It's a very Wednesday trait a bad start to the season, Not expecting top 2 but a loss at Wigan does not rule it out. Bring on Saturday, hopefully will lift the mood.

It was not easy opener away to Champions of League 1. They have excellent manager who managed to beat Manchester City last year some folks need to realise it was tricky opener.

Unfortunately web site has alot of individuals who have an axe to grind for some reason or another and lots who never attend a game or very few and are very active. think site is now for all things sceptical rather than trying to be uplifting. You get someone asking why moderate fans do not come on here you just have to read posts. It gets more and more unrepresentative of fan base evert day.

This is not to say everything is rost it is not but no or lowpriority is given to any good news.

The constant negativity does not help anyone least of all the club.

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't think people are as concerned about us not beating Wigan. Its more off the field thats the current concern. Its too early to tell how we'll be affected by things. 

I can honestly say I barely give a thought to off-field.

Whereas I don’t go a day without thinking about on-field.

(In truth I don’t pass an hour without thinking about on-field but if I admit it I sound like a complete sad wenkar)