An Interesting Week Ahead

It's going to be an interesting week one way or another. Things get underway at tonight's fan's forum, who knows what may be revealed and how that determines what else happens this week.

On Thursday its deadline day so we will know before the weekend whether any contracted players are leaving, who they are and the implications for the season ahead. 

We will know the squad for Saturdays game at home to Hull City and after that match we will have some idea of how we might perform this season. We already know that Adthe won't be in the squad because he is suspended and we all pretty much assume Westwood will be moving on.

Sit back and enjoy the ride and try not to lose your marbles and keep some sense of perspective.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So the new deadline is a waste of time then. Sounds about right. I thought the whole point was so that people would have a set squad for the first game. We've played a game and sounds like we'll have played 3 or 4 before everything settles. What an obvious loophole they have left if true.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So the new deadline is a waste of time then. Sounds about right. I thought the whole point was so that people would have a set squad for the first game. We've played a game and sounds like we'll have played 3 or 4 before everything settles. What an obvious loophole they have left if true.

For EPL clubs, that is the deadline. EFL clubs are those that benefit from the loan extension.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks for pointing this out, it may be used. However I rather suspect that if we have outgoings we will want the money in sharpish and not have to wait until January. It's unlikely that any of our major players would be let go on such terms. It might fit for someone like Winnall but as he's still injured it would be a risk for the buying club.

Given there are no AGMs like in the "bad old days', it would be good for this occasion to be used for supporters to be told about the club's finances ( and whether there is a Bob Grierson to give us the warnings to go with the figures). And whether the modern Bob had warned the execs about the trouble to come if they made all those daft signings.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If interesting also means crap i agree it will be an interesting week

This could work. It would make Owlstalk a less polarised place on a match day.

Jos picked an interesting line-up and we played interestingly. One or two players had really interesting days, especially JVA who was so interesting he got subbed on the hour. 

• Haha 3