Where is Westwood going

All media outlets are saying Westwood leaving but to where?.   Burnley are close to signing Joe Hart and if butland leaving Stoke why did he play yesterday.   If there's no deal lined up then why would you not play one of the best goal keepers in the division on what was going to be a tough opening day fixture.   Jos says in Yorkshire post he has been injured for months, well so has Fletcher but he was on the bench.  I know people will say it's cause he is likely to be leaving but Stoke keep playing butland.   We need leadership and Westwood provides that. Wrong player to sell in my opinion

He’s one of the best keepers in this league but the decision has been made to sell him and we are clearly not prepared to risk him being injured.

We are keeping him in the shop window, you’re unlikely to see him play for us again. Even if he doesn’t go in this window the likelihood is that he has appearance fees and milestones in his contract which we will look to avoid. 

It pretty much sums up everything about us and the way we operate at the moment. We have no foresight, no ability to avoid problems and it would seem no plan.

On the plus side we are giving youth a chance....... lol

Agreed - bad management of the team and club. We couldn’t make it any more obvious that we’re desperate to sell which probably means that we’ll get less for him when a bid eventually comes in. 

Not playing your best keeper is just stupid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Whos going to buy an keeper who was injured last couple of seasons

It will definitely put a few off, he’s played plenty of games here I wouldn’t say his record is horrendous , but it will definitely be a concern for someone looking to pay any kind of decent fee 

He won’t want to go anywhere he isn’t first choice, and I think he will struggle to find a club that could give him that and be in a position to pay his wages 

46 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Looks like he's being forced out, he'll have been told he won't be playing for us this season, probably training with the development team etc etc. This happens in football unfortunately.

His agent will be trying to find him a new club.

He's not training with development team

A full season with wildsmith and Dawson is a worrying thought...yes they will both be excellent keepers in years to come but I’m just not sure that either are quite ready.

wildsmith made an important contribution last season but he also made several mistakes that cost us points. Dawson was at fault for their 3rd on Saturday with a bit of poor keeping. 

As fans we just have to accept that This season is a season of consolidation and let’s hope we sit safe in mid table for most of it.

• Like 1