It pains me to say this but....

56 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's unlikely Leeds will be able to keep that up all season, any more than they did under Monk.

Just read on the BBC that new manager has them at the training ground from 9 am until seven or eight at night. They have dormitories for resting between sessions. Don't know if it's true but we should do that. We looked fitter at Wigan than at PNE last year but, crucially, still not as fit as our opponents. There is NO EXCUSE for this. I know it's an old chestnut but they are all hugely privileged young men, paid huge amounts to get fit.

17 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

To be fair, DC has definitely tried to actually create legitimate business out of both Elev8 and D Taxis. They just haven't materialised yet due to a few teething troubles.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

Not sure about BK Latex- isn't that some sort of balloon company?

Yes I think it is mate.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

Thats fine if we want to be relegated

But Leeds didn’t get relegated? They appear to keep selling best players and carrying on. We’re championing them in thread, aren’t we? 

11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Leeds are like the Blades, in that they have a good youth policy.

They must have raked in tens of millions over the years in player sales.

It's only just over a year since they flogged Wood for £15 mil.

Well if they had been unable to offload Woods, ditto pigs and Brooks they'd be up the creek without a paddle. Leeds have spent this summer, they will have to pay for it at some point 

43 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

But they could still buy another season ticket if they took advantage of it :ph34r:

Haha yes but it was a pre-advertised refund based on performance and could have been 50% if it wasn't for a condition for that amount not being met.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

But Leeds didn’t get relegated? They appear to keep selling best players and carrying on. We’re championing them in thread, aren’t we? 

But we aren't Leeds - we have an ageing injury prone squad with a few quality players - and one game changer - Leeds had a team of young energetic players and it seems could absorb the loss of the players they sold - not sure we can at this stage

1 minute ago, Jamie_W said:

To be fair, Leeds have been crawling up from the gutter over a long period, they’ve built, we thought we could do it overnight, look where it’s got us.

Leeds are a big club..in the biggest one club city in Europe..right next to the biggest city in England without a football team..it would be a surprise to nobody if they get back to the pl b4 us..we had a go and failed..now it’s the turn of other clubs

1 minute ago, leicesterowl said:

But we aren't Leeds - we have an ageing injury prone squad with a few quality players - and one game changer - Leeds had a team of young energetic players and it seems could absorb the loss of the players they sold - not sure we can at this stage

Probably shouldn’t be wishing to copy them then.... kind of my point but lost clearly. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_W said:

To be fair, Leeds have been crawling up from the gutter over a long period, they’ve built, we thought we could do it overnight, look where it’s got us.

That's part of the issue re Chansiri supposedly buying all the ads, sponsoringthe shirts etc- If he walks tomorrow we start from scratch in so many areas- that's why I'm interested to know how.kuch he's put in.

If he's injected the same amounts that Leeds are generating then you can't knock that- as it's more than we could possibly have generated and therefore probably justifies going down the road we have.

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Leeds are a big club..in the biggest one club city in Europe..right next to the biggest city in England without a football team..it would be a surprise to nobody if they get back to the pl b4 us..we had a go and failed..now it’s the turn of other clubs

You've got me here- it's not Bradford, it's not Hull, it's not Sheffield.

Where is it? lol

Quite jealous they have got someone like Biesla in charge tbh. A complete unknown in terms of English football, but his continental record is half decent.

Reminds me when Carlos came in during his first season - albeit only one game in! So exciting, aggressive and forward thinking.